@MOD PLEASE DELETE

Posted by mad otter 
Re: Just bought...
Date: October 27, 2005 09:51PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I didnt realise TVs came at this size with this price tbh. I didnt realise anyone watched so much TV that they could justify spending that ammount of cash :| Makes me realise just how little i use mine.

specs may impress you but the general quality of the product should matter more.

hm, im not sure i get your point there. I'd rather have a MP3 Player than a fantastic quality cassette walkman.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 27, 2005 09:57PM
Posted by: mad otter
[no message]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2005 12:57AM by mad otter.
Date: October 27, 2005 10:32PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Heck, I'd take that anytime!

*hint at Iain in case he feels like giving it away ;)*

Maybe it's to put the TV in a bigger room so everyone can see it without issues, and be bigger image too :P
Date: October 27, 2005 11:07PM
Posted by: _tux_

EDIT2//Jon, why do u have such a problem with me buying new things, everytime I post about something ive bought (not to be some sort of big headed show off) just to share with everyone you basically just say something thats shouts ITS CRAP... i dont see what specs have to do with anything! the tv is crystal clear and very sharp. Ive seen it run with HDMI and its truely amazing. As someone said, like looking through a window (the video was of some icey place with waterfalls and stuff like that, like it was real) specs may impress you but the general quality of the product should matter more. As i said, its a brilliant TV.

*yawn* and actually the window remark was about one running 1024*768 screen res
Date: October 28, 2005 12:42AM
Posted by: gav
mad otter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eh? didnt get that *dumb moment*?

Because I bought a 1920x1200 one instead, and with HDTV, and I can watch TV, HD if when I'm ready, or use it as a top quality PC gaming monitor at the flick of a button... or picture in picture if I want.... just means I have to sit about 2 foot closer.

And Jon's feeling, shared by me and probably others too, is that you're just showing off... There was nothing else to this thread.
Date: October 28, 2005 12:47AM
Posted by: Zcott
Mmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Date: October 28, 2005 12:55AM
ive said it before, and believe me ill say it again... you lot are a bunch of sad childish twats.

I was just happy and wanted to share with the forum what i had bought, like many other users have if its cameras or anything.

Im fed up of the usual few bad tempered and ill feeling wankers that ruin this forum.

Please can a mod delete this thread.

Thanks
Iain

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Re: @MOD PLEASE DELETE
Date: October 28, 2005 01:06AM
When people show off camera's they tend to share photos they have, and usually in the photo thread...

My feeling isn't necessarily felt by others. Dunno where you get the bad tempered thing from... I stated an opinion, and managed not to resort to calling you a wanker. Seems you have that one the wrong way around.
Date: October 28, 2005 01:21AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I don't think he was showing off, cos I don't think spending that much money is anything to show off about, but he's been given a bit of a hard time for his TV.

Sure, most of us wouldn't ever spend near that much on a TV, but he has, so good for him. I remember posting a thread about my new computer when I got, and yes, jon criticised the CPU ;)
Date: October 28, 2005 01:22AM
thank you.

Date: October 28, 2005 01:27AM
Posted by: Muks_C
woah, this thread has taken a turn for the worse...

i didn't take it as showing off either.

i and a few others always post pics of the new model cars we've bought in the models thread, does that mean we're showing off? i wouldn't think so, its the only way we can 'share' our love and enthusiasm for collecting cars without physically taking the models to each persons house.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 28, 2005 01:28AM
Posted by: chet
lol well i would have liked to see it.. but u edited post ;)

ah well... if it enhances veiwing of the simpsons or futurama its worth it :P lol

yeaa if i brought it i would have posted new thread..

and showing off? well isnt posting screenshots?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 28, 2005 01:29AM
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> I don't think he was showing off, cos I don't
> think spending that much money is anything to show
> off about, but he's been given a bit of a hard
> time for his TV.

2 slightly negative posts in the thread... I'm sure he'll never be able to show his head in public again...

Lets just say his reputation preceeds him.

Don't care anyway - I'm not a mod, or am not pretending to be... if my posts are deemed offensive, they'll be removed. I've an opinion of him, no doubt he's an opinion of me. I'm sure we're both quite adult enough to cope [looks at his resort to insults] or maybe not.
Date: October 28, 2005 01:57AM
Posted by: matt3454
wow this thread turned bad tempered. ive got a feeling some people are jealous that they cant afford a tv like that

Date: October 28, 2005 02:07AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
haha wtf is going on here

Matt3454, i somehow dont think gav is jealous :P Not with his monitor which is even more uber!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 28, 2005 02:11AM
gav Wrote:
> 2 slightly negative posts in the thread... I'm
> sure he'll never be able to show his head in
> public again...

strike one up for gav missing the point... he made the point that a few people always seem to criticise, and i for one agree with him. The kid showed us his new TV, and it turns into this. Reputation or not, he doesn't deserve to be told that he's showing off when he's clearly not.
Date: October 28, 2005 02:12AM
matt3454 Wrote:
> wow this thread turned bad tempered. ive got a
> feeling some people are jealous that they cant
> afford a tv like that

Yes. Spending £603 on a screen that does double the resolution was a bad idea after all. I'm gutted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2005 02:14AM by gav.
Date: October 28, 2005 02:14AM
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> strike one up for gav missing the point... he made
> the point that a few people always seem to
> criticise, and i for one agree with him. The kid
> showed us his new TV, and it turns into this.
> Reputation or not, he doesn't deserve to be told
> that he's showing off when he's clearly not.

When it turns into a nice clear independant review that helps other contemplating a similar purchase make their mind up, then I'll say it's not spam. Until then, meh.
Date: October 28, 2005 02:47AM
lol fair enough.

Not much chance of that happening I guess, he went on a bit of an edit rampage didn't he ;)
Date: October 28, 2005 08:16AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I didnt realise TVs came at this size with this
> price tbh. I didnt realise anyone watched so much
> TV that they could justify spending that ammount
> of cash :| Makes me realise just how little i use
> mine.
>

i would love to have a tv that size, just for nascar :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy