i need tips on how to repair the fan on the motherboard

Posted by SHEEPY 
i need tips on how to repair the fan on the motherboard
Date: February 09, 2005 11:20PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Hi i need tips on how to repair the fan on the motherboard because i got really really pissed off by my comp restarting so i throw it and the fan cam off the motherboard is there any way i can repair this myself instead of buying a new motherboard thanks.
judging by ur obvious understanding of how to handle electrical maching, i'd say u jus go ahead and whack it with a great big hammer there

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
what did the fan exactly come off? the processor? the video card? the psu?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Ouch... could be expensive! Has the fan come off cleanly or did anything actually break - this is where the cost might come in....

it was held on by some type of glue nothing damaged but my fans were going to be replaced soon coz they were squeeking and making rough nosies but nothing is amaged apart from the fan. do u know in the back of the pc where u plug the monito and speakers etc in it came off that.
To be honest, you're just asking for trouble if you throw your motherboard around :-/

Try using thermal glue.

[Website]
Whats termal glue.
I'd recommend some KY Jelly for your problems.
sasjag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> judging by ur obvious understanding of how to
> handle electrical maching, i'd say u jus go ahead
> and whack it with a great big hammer there
>
> Sim
>
> NY Giants 6-10 in 2004. They will be back in
> 2005!
>

quality advice tbh.
You can now get a free sample of this KY Jelly if you need it (I think you do)

[www.k-y.co.uk]
sounds like you don't really know what your doing SHEEPY. best to take it to a shop and have it done otherwise you'll end up having to replace more than just a fan....
If they were making noise to begin with, you probably had a buggered bearing in the fan itself, which can lead to overheating and the crashes you were seeing. If nothing else is b0rked, i'd suggest just spending £5 on a new fan.

the fan base that goes on the motherboard has broke off it had thqat metal bit underneath the fan i picked up the fan and burnt my hand coz it was hot so i hit it with a hammer.
usually right about now i would go ahead and say something taht makes u look stupid, but u've already gone and beat me to teh punch

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
roflmao!
so did u throw it far?

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Sheepy, put your hammer down, return the computer to it's box and never use it again.
Re: i need tips on how to repair the fan on the motherboard
Date: February 10, 2005 10:16AM
Posted by: _tux_
go buy a mac...
Sounds like the Northbridge fan to me....you could buy one of these:-

Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler

If it was stuck on with 'glue' it probably the northbridge, but if your motherboard is under 1 year old, you might be able to get a replacement by contacting the makers, just don't mentoion you threw it acrss the room :|

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Re: i need tips on how to repair the fan on the motherboard
Date: February 10, 2005 10:40AM
Posted by: _tux_
did it "fall off" when the pc was still on ?

if it did then say bye bye to the chip it was stuck on
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy