GPGames Forum Scale Model Section

Posted by LS. 
Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: October 30, 2005 07:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah maybe, if you can get it at a good price.

I like the fact that they bothered to put the HANS device on his neck for that one, and it looks realistic like what he did at Japan.

either that or this:

this also looks good, but maybe the figure looks a bit dorky. i like the darker paint effect, rather than the 'pinky' look of the other one with him standing in the cockpit.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 07:58PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 30, 2005 08:06PM
Posted by: Karan19
yeah the car looks nice there. Although that one is a bit too expensive for me. The previous model is $100 + $12 shipping or about 50 pounds so I guess its pretty decent.

Although I wanna know if its from Spa or Japan. It says Championship Race Version which leads me to believe it might be from Spa since thats where he won the championship. Do you have any pictures from Spa post race where he mightve done that?
Date: October 30, 2005 08:14PM
the one with him standing in the cockpit?

he did that at Suzuka:

but the pitboard graphics on the rear of the box are from Spa

so they've mixed and matched the 2 races to make that model.

its not totally accurate though, because he is standing on the outside of the car, not inside on the seat.

they should have made the figure separate in the box, maybe tied to the back wall with those cable-tie wire things, so the owner can choose to stand it correctly on the outside of the cockpit, or leave it as it is attached to the box.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 08:17PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 30, 2005 08:21PM
hmm it could be either one i think. i just played the 2004 review dvd and if you watch at the end of the race. he parks the car just after turn 1, and surrounded by photographers he's standing in the cockpit with his arms raised.

by the way how easy/hard is it applying these decals to the car ? are they just like stickers you stick-on or do you have to soak them in water,or apply your own adhesive to them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 10:12PM by Karan19.
Date: October 30, 2005 08:54PM
about the decals, have a look on page 20, i give some detailed instructions. but i'm sure i have also sent you private messages about how to do it, around May??

i had a look on the dvd, and all we see is him bent over in the car, and very briefly wave his fists at Spa:

its a lot different to the model where he clearly stand on the car and raises the arms for quite some time, so IMO its more likely to be Suzuka.

another way to possibly identify which race its from is by looking at the little hot air exits on the sidepods.

at Suzuka he had them on both sides:

but at Spa he had them only on the right-hand sidepod for the race:

so depending how many and on which side the model has these exits, that'll be which race its from.

we need some more close-up pics of the models to see which side they're on.

the one on the leather base with chrome paint only has the hot air exit on its right hand sidepod, so that model is for Spa.

if the model of him standing in the cockpit only has it on the right hand sidepod, it is for Spa too (even though he stood on the car at Suzuka properly), but if it has it on both, then its for Suzuka.

have a look at this model i saw on ebay, its limited, but too expensive:

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 09:00PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 30, 2005 09:45PM
Posted by: LS.
Sorry guys but i don't do Hotwheels ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 30, 2005 10:15PM
that sure is a nice one muks. nice touch with the pitboard there!

probably a little more pricey since its been converted to tobacco as well. but yeah way too expensive

as for the hotwheels Mp4-20, like kirk ( i think) pointed out that the Kimi logo on the sidepod is wrong. It doesnt have the West style stripes. I'm gonna assume its the pre-Hungary version. Where West was still a sponsor,and not Johnnie Walker officially. So it wouldnt have the "Kimi Raikkonen" logo, just "Kimi" in the West style.

The hotwheels R25 seems pretty decent. The 100th win version is nice but I think they overdid the dirt and it kinda looks bad due to that.The championship edition looks nice but a bit too expensive for me.

That narrows it down to the Japanese GP F2004

and basic R25

as for the Mp4-20 , think I'll just wait for the minichamps 1:18 version due end of the year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2005 04:18AM by Karan19.
Date: November 05, 2005 02:41AM
@ all fellow ferrari fans and model collectors - [www.torontomotorsports.com]

all i can say is WOW. What a collection that would be to have on your mantle.

Date: November 06, 2005 06:58PM
nice collection there Karan.

here's something for LS (and any other Williams fans):

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Minichamps 1:18 Walrus FW26, but with RBS logos on it. is it rare? or a mistake? or PR demo?

UPDATE: it went for £84!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2005 10:16PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 07, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Probably someone sticked the logos without realizing and now they're trying to sell it any way they can :P
Date: November 07, 2005 02:19AM
Posted by: LS.
my initial thought was a private edited job on the FW26

I scour the internet for Williams merchandise frequently ( believe it or not ;) ) and i've never seen that version before.

One of the members over at Dragon Racing frequently customizes his minichamps models and converts them to different livirys quite easily.

Looks like a similar job to me, but i could be wrong

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 07, 2005 12:30PM
Posted by: Johnny
I remember Autosport giving that Williams away in a competition, so im guessing it must have been a promo after Williams annouced RBS as a sponser.
Date: November 07, 2005 12:48PM
Posted by: Briere
page 27 :D
Date: November 07, 2005 02:35PM
what about page 27 Briere?

Date: November 07, 2005 06:15PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

MP4-20 juan pablo montoya
Date: November 07, 2005 06:20PM
would be good if it wasn't Mattel...

Date: November 07, 2005 09:35PM
yeah the sidepod logo and nose section are quite bad. minichamps verion is supposed to be out by december...looking forward to that one. on the other hand ive heard good things about the mattel R25 1:18. Ordered it last week. Along with the Japanese GP F2004 Muks.
Date: November 07, 2005 10:25PM
where u order it from?
Date: November 07, 2005 11:38PM
[www.torontomotorsports.com]

the shipping if you live in canada is ridiculously cheap. $12 for both 1:18s. thats like 5GPB

they also have the decals to convert it to a tobacco R25. Might make that my project over the christmas hols.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2005 11:39PM by Karan19.
Date: November 08, 2005 12:33AM
thanks for the link :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy