STAND UP SIT DOWN! EVERYONE PLEASE READ.

Posted by CMJH69 
STAND UP SIT DOWN! EVERYONE PLEASE READ.
Date: July 21, 2004 02:52PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Standing - A new campaign for all supporters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAND UP SIT DOWN

A NEW CAMPAIGN FOR A COMMON SENSE SOLUTION
TO THE ISSUE OF STANDING AT FOOTBALL MATCHES

Do you want to stand to watch football?

Do you prefer to sit, but find your view being blocked by others standing?

Are you concerned that ground capacities and away ticket allocations may be reduced?

Are you concerned that sanctions against those who stand my lead to crowd disorder?

Do you want your club to lose income?

STAND UP SIT DOWN has been set up to campaign for a solution to these issues.

Our aim is to restore supporters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2004 02:53PM by CMJH69.
Re: STAND UP SIT DOWN! EVERYONE PLEASE READ.
Date: July 21, 2004 03:16PM
Posted by: Zcott
Damn, I thought this was going to be important. :P

Date: July 21, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: sasjag
lmao :P

i personally dont have a problem with standing, i do it at every tamuff game i go to, granted its on a smaller scale ut u know what i mean :P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 21, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: _tux_
yeah but sim... ure the only person a the game :P
Date: July 21, 2004 03:26PM
Posted by: matthewp
This is actually quite relevant to me as i've always watched swansea in a standing area and when i've gone to away matches with seating i've not really liked it, the only positive thing for me is that you can have a nice sit down at half time :)
Its relevant because soon we'll be moving to a 20,000 all seater stadium and despite some pressure from the supporters there will not be any areas where you are permitted to stand, I think the fact that all British stadium are all seater is a big shame as in most cases it destroys the atmosphere and without that a lot of the passion of football is lost and without that its just another game, other countries have safe standing areas so I dont see why we cant.

Date: July 21, 2004 03:28PM
Posted by: sasjag
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is actually quite relevant to me as i've
> always watched swansea in a standing area and when
> i've gone to away matches with seating i've not
> really liked it, the only positive thing for me is
> that you can have a nice sit down at half time
> Its relevant because soon we'll be moving to a
> 20,000 all seater stadium and despite some
> pressure from the supporters there will not be any
> areas where you are permitted to stand, I think
> the fact that all British stadium are all seater
> is a big shame as in most cases it destroys the
> atmosphere and without that a lot of the passion
> of football is lost and without that its just
> another game, other countries have safe standing
> areas so I dont see why we cant.
>
>

yeah i agree, it adds a lot of atmosphere standing, and i generally never have any porblems seeing as ppl are usually kind enuff to let u go infront if u cant see over them

and some stadiums abroad have seats that can be folded down and slid under a conrete hole, to create a large standing area for some games

i dont really think its a safety issue to stand either, u get lots of standing at concerts etc

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 21, 2004 03:28PM
i dont understand why you all want to see a bunch of sweaty men running around in short shorts kicking balls...
Date: July 21, 2004 03:31PM
Jon you can simplify every single sport in that way to make it sound stupid, infact you can pretty much gaurantee that any thread about football on here would receive such a reply, i'm glad you supplied the predictable :)

Date: July 21, 2004 03:43PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hey matt, isnt it gonna be called White Rock or something? Looks awesome...I think its somewhere toward Morriston Hospital isnt it? My student house is literally next to the foooty ground, in the Sandfields, you sure know when swansea have won....

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 21, 2004 03:51PM
yeah its working name is White Rock, not sure if thats final yet and I think there'll be a sponsons name in it (i.e. The Nike White Rock stadium, although we wont get nike :) )
It's near the site of the old morfa stadium if you knew that, just on the other side of the river, it certainly is looking pretty impressive so far and its amazing how quickly its being built, the same people who built Sunderlands stadium are making and designed it :)

Date: July 21, 2004 03:53PM
Jon you can simplify every single sport in that way to make it sound stupid, infact you can pretty much gaurantee that any thread about football on here would receive such a reply, i'm glad you supplied the predictable

so glad i fullfilled my duties :P
Date: July 21, 2004 08:35PM
Posted by: CMJH69
We need as many people to sign the petition as possible. If people are football fans please pass the info onto their club's fansites or forums!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy