Difference between red and black Logitech momos?

Posted by DaveEllis 
Difference between red and black Logitech momos?
Date: July 21, 2004 06:01AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well?

My wheel just gave up, need a new one asap. Theres a few Red momos about but they ae more epxensive than the blacks. Whats the major difference?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Difference between red and black Logitech momos?
Date: July 21, 2004 06:26AM
Posted by: ZaZ
basically... the red one has leather around the steering wheel, and the black one rubber.
the red one has aluminium pedals and the black one doesn't
the black one has flaps (to shift) and also a stick, and the red one only has flaps.
the black one is still being made, and the red one isn't
lots of people think the red one is more beautiful and therefore want it and since it's hard to get they are more expensive.
:)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2004 06:27AM by ZaZ.
The Logitech Momo Racing (black) wheel is a revamped version their legendary Momo Force (red) wheel. They replaced some of the expensive metal parts with plastic and even made some improvements along the way such as increasing the pedal throw and adding a manual stick shifter. The result is a wheel that is even better than the original.

taken from here

[nascar.about.com]
Excellent, black it is

I have been reading about throttle problems with the Black but theres a an unffoicial program, and official drivers out from Logitech wich solve the problem of the throttle sikes and uncalibrated pedals.

If the only difference is smal stuff like this, i'll go for the black especially since i need a wheel very very quickly

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Yeah Dave, don't think twice! I love this baby :)

I hope you get it in time for tomorrow!! Good luck.

And if you wonder about price, I usually find it for 99 dollars, but found for 76 online, only problem was shipping and handling cost :(
No chance i will get it for tomorrow. I'll be lucky if i can get it for next week!

im speaking to someone about a Red one now. The idea of the metal plating rather than plastic sounds better for someone who games alot. Dont need the shifter, got the Act Labs one

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2004 07:28AM by DaveEllis.

i got the black one the pedlles went crap, but i got it replaced easily. i also managed to snap the bottom mounting bracket off but thats my fault, i mount it different to how your supposed to. (i put wood under the wheel to make it less like a bus...) other than those 2 problems its the best wheel i have ever owned.

dave why dont u go steak ure gf's wheel! haha

g'fs wheel got returned, it didnt work correctly. Dont have any wheel to use atm

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
your g/f races? i've converted mine to F1, but converting her to GPL/GP4 would be imppossible!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
she races fun games like street legal and cray taxi. Shes done a few laps of GPL, she actaully has a GPL Rank.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Ask her to join VT :P

I wouldn't doubt she is better than me, at the moment, hahaha :D

Yeah Dave, I just saw in VT forum...shame :( I'll see what I can do not to let Morbid win, and maybe I take the checkered flag? :-o
For VT tonight i miiiiight be able to scrounge a wheel off next door neighbours. Unfortunatly its a thrusthamster ferrari wheel and it sucks. But its a wheel

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
hehehe, at least it will match your car :P Well, anything is better than nothing, at least you can compete for points!
yeh. When it gets to a reasonable hour i'll go over and ask him to borrow it, then, if i can, spend the rest of the night running with it to get used to it. Last time i drove it (few months ago) it felt terrible compared to my wingman, and the wingman is the4 cheap Logitech wheel too

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I've got the red wheel, as long as you maintain it good, its great! :D can't really comment if its better than the black one, as I've never tried it, I read that the Black wheel is virtually the same setup except inferior materials were used.... But I dunno if thats true or not myself, Also the red one was made by MOMO, don't think the black one is...

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2004 09:43AM by Ianwoollam.
Black ones Momo designed also. Seems to have a few degrees less lock than the red. Plastic instead of leather, plastic instead of metal, and a problem with the pedals (which latest drivers have now fixed)

I would rather have the red one for the metal platings, but i suppose a black one will do.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Bit expensive tho :| what prices are the Black ones new?

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 21, 2004 10:13AM
Posted by: markko
Thanks for the link Ian ;)
Date: July 21, 2004 10:16AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
damnit if i had some money... i'd be bidding on the wheel right now...

:( ah well.

(seems that we are talking about wheels, I am having a few problems with my Logitech WingMan if anyone would care to help. On F1C, i cannot split the axis anymore - although I could at the start, and also the FF seems to jink the wheel in one direction for no apparent reason sometimes :| anyone got any ideas?)
Date: July 21, 2004 11:04AM
Posted by: Morbid
Dave, check my post on the same subject on VT forum!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy