TIR (Total Imerrsion Racing)

Posted by Ellis 
TIR (Total Imerrsion Racing)
Date: November 08, 2002 12:37PM
Posted by: Ellis
GP4 - nothing gets closer? Bullshit, TIR is closer!

I got this game and ran it for the first time today. first impressions werent great, theres no mouse support in the menus and max res is 1024x768. But it runs perfectly on my machine on full detail at bout 30fps.

Go into a practice session - i need to unlock cars and tracks. I have a good 5 or 6 tracks to choose from, including silverstone and the old Hockenhiem. I scroll throu the tracks and see Rockingham road course is in....keep going....the ovals in!!!! :D

I have the choice of Audi TT or the Noble (whatever da f**k dat is). choose the Audi, and didnt like it much. I went into craeer mode, and chose the noble. Went round a few practice laps of Silverstone, the first event, with the default setup. This game isnt a sim, but it isnt arcade either. It feels fun to drive, and the gravel is relasitc as the car tends to bounce a bout alot and stop dead.

I go off, get back on...what to i see in my mirrors of my little GT car? A big massive LMP Audi roaring up behind me, i move over, and he flys past like im not even there!! Same happens with a GTS Panoz later on.

There is three class - GT (lowest), GTS (middle) and LMPs (top), and if u aint in an LMP, u aint gona get an overall win, so u gota go for class wins

I start from last......past the two audis on the rolling start. Come up behind a BMW M3, i break to late and hit him, we both spin off then rejoin. Going down hanger stright i pull along side him....he swerves right into me, forcing me off the track. THEY REMEMBER WHAT YOU DO!!!!!!! Not only that, but the same guy blocked me madly at the next event in Hockenhiem! Its nuts! The AI is so dam advanced!! They rememebr what u do, and if u havent done anything, u better be carefull, cos they change moods. Blocking, aggressive, carfull etc!

OMG its incredible! Never have i had such a REAL race! Its absoulty nuts! This beats GP4 and F1 2002 hands down! GP4 doesnt have "AI", it has cars that block u when u try to pass.....

TIR has proper AI! They really do seem like they are thinking! One guy drove into the side of me when i was breaking for Stowe! He didnt even brake!! He just drove rght into me! Cos i took him out in a practise session earlier! ITs amazing!

You have to buy this game! It works decently well with a keyboard, havent tested it with a wheel yet!

And its got sweeeeeet graphics too!! Fantastic game, that runs full pelt on my machine, with no apprent problems...too good to be ture :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: TIR (Total Imerrsion Racing)
Date: November 08, 2002 12:39PM
Posted by: mvb
/me searches for an ftp server with TIR... :P

___Marc___
Date: November 08, 2002 12:41PM
joking of course :P ellis when was this game released? i havent seen any reviews of it!

___Marc___
Date: November 08, 2002 12:41PM
Should also add, they dont hesitate in passing, unlike in GP4 where they are scared to.

And it was dsigned under XP first then back dated, so it runs perfectly, without needing patched :D

seems very "consoly" in the menus, but the actaull game doesnt. Turning down the music to off puts the fps sky high

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 08, 2002 12:44PM
Game was released on monday i think in the UK. £29.99 and worth every penny, this is the best racing game i have got! theres been ahrdly any reviews, but some people think the game is unfinished as there is a .ini file which doesnt do anything in the games dir (it can be removed and the game runs fine without it, and doesnt create a new ini file).

This appears to be the result of the game the West Brothers started. Rememebr them? There game went down the drain, and apparently was picked up by this company, and this was the final result, so there is alot of loose files about which do nothing.

Date: November 08, 2002 12:48PM
u bought it online??

___Marc___
Date: November 08, 2002 12:49PM
It came out last monday marcy :D ;) :P

Date: November 08, 2002 12:55PM
Anyone want screens?

Date: November 08, 2002 12:57PM

Date: November 08, 2002 01:13PM
Posted by: LS.
you heard from anyone how the FFB and physics are using a wheel?

i remember reading it was like a arcade feel to the physics and FFB

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 08, 2002 01:18PM
FFB doesnt work YET. With FFB turned on u get 1 fps, but the developers released a statement on the day it was released saying they know, and they are making a patch

now thats how games should be patchedm not like GP4

Even if the physics are like arcade, its worth it to race with that AI.

I have a wheel, just not for this PC, and my other PC is busy installing winXP, so when im done setting it up, i'll tell ya what it feels like.

Its worth it, even if u think its arcade cos the there is ppl already moding the physics files, and the AI is amazing

The game is VERY easy to edit, it even has comment lines in the ini files explaing what stuff is. So if u know ur stuff, this game is simple to edit, and its only been out since monday

This is how to make and manage a game, not the way Infogrames and Geoff have did it

Date: November 08, 2002 01:30PM
Posted by: LS.
I have a wheel, just not for this PC, and my other PC is busy installing winXP, so when im done setting it up, i'll tell ya what it feels like.

cool :-)

so what wheel did you get? and more importantly have you played GPL with it yet? or nascar 2002?

the FFB in both of them are superb

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 08, 2002 01:37PM
I have one of dese:

Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP

I didnt buy it, some kind person sent me as he didnt need it (that person knows who they are ;) )

I havent tried it yet, my own PC is still installing XP, i have downloaded drivers for it tho, onto a CD , ready to install.

I have also yet to try that config file for nascar 2002, but when i get this PC wokring, nascar, GP4, TIR are the first games going in.

I prob wont try GPL for now. I never did like old racing, and wasnt a fan of the game. And cant be arsed downloading patches, getting them on CD, mvoing em bout, and then patching it yet.

I only have a 7gig Hd on the machine too. I have 2 HD, but one is missing a jumper which causes havoc on start up, but i will test it with XP in.

The wheel feels nice to hold, and the pedals feel nice too. But the flip padels havent been placed in the best place, but still, its very workable :)

I like it alot :D

Date: November 09, 2002 10:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
oooh i was thnking about getting this game...looks like i must :D

Date: November 10, 2002 01:48AM
Posted by: mortal
Sweet. Looks like a must have, when is this going to hit the stores in Oz? Hopefully not too far away ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 11, 2002 11:06AM
I doubt wollworths will have it. This isnt concidered a major release. Virign and HMV didnt have it, and Game didnt have many copies.

It runs on my new machine even better, at a higher res, despite it being a lower spec than this one

Date: November 11, 2002 11:49AM
Posted by: _Alex_
That's a fantastic wheel, Ellis, that's what I have :)

I paid only £44 for it, which I thought was a red hot bargain, but being as you got it free of charge, you're really lucky!

I've had it for several months now and it as run perfectly. Forcefeedback is good, but I use it mostly for GPL, in which I do not use FFB. Seriously, Ellis, now you have a wheel, give GPL another shot. It is the greatest game on the planet, and nothing does get closer. Once you're learned in the art of driving it, try VROC. Wheel-to-wheel battles with somebody on the continent is just brilliant. And that's only with 56k!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: November 11, 2002 11:55AM
Will do later on Alex :)

But you know what must be better? Nascar 2002!!!

I just completed a race at Daytona, where i ran side by side with a computer car for 24 laps!!! OMG that was fun!

The Force Feedback is good, and i hevent tried setting it to full yet, N2002 has it set to 50%. I think the buttons on the top (red ones) are bit hard to reach sometimes, but i like the positioning of the other two red buttons and the flip paddels. I havent tried this with GP4 yet, but im sure it will make it easier for a start.

Unfotuantly, i cant play online. The computer im using aint for games >:( I use my just-finsihed-building comp for games now, but will see if can get back on GPL online. Will certaintly try it offline.

The wheel kciks extreame ass! And so does Nascar 2002! I cant staop playing it!! *runs off to play some more*

Date: November 11, 2002 12:06PM
I do wanr u, u might not like the handeling

its either u love it or hate it.

when u brake and turn, the Nobel sometimes spins sharply, and the Audi tends to feel like its on ice, it sometimes feels like its power slidign throught the corners

thats the only two i have tried.

im trying to win my third race in a row and Springfield Raceay, but i duno the track and learning is hard when u have LMP Audis and BMWs behind

and speaking of LMPs....i pissed one BMW driver to the extreame. during practice i blocked him for a lap and a half, and then eventually let him thro, and when he next came up behind a few laps later he drove into me >:( bastard >:(

;)

Date: November 12, 2002 02:13AM
I got it from Game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy