TIR (Total Imerrsion Racing)

Posted by Ellis 
Re: TIR (Total Imerrsion Racing)
Date: November 12, 2002 09:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
hmm i think i have some dodgy sound problems. I cant hear any engine noise, or skids/ wheelspin. Only thing i haer is a loud humming noise when i reach the max revs on each gear :S

Please tell me this isnt normal

Date: November 12, 2002 10:22AM
ok i found the problem, great game once you get into it, hoping the ffb patch will make the handling a bitty more realistic

Date: November 17, 2002 03:43AM
Posted by: kirky
I bought it the day it came out from gameloaded .com where it was £27.74 (including 1st class delivery)

I am currently doing a career on professional in a Panoz GTS and the game is so challenging!

I am a bit hacked off that they have got the old hockenheim circuit but what the hell.

By the way Ellis when you said you'd never heard of the noble it is the car I would want when I get older.

Its got the styles of a porshe and a ferrari for only £42,000, sweet!

And Ellis what is youre best lap round the Rockingham circuit in a GTS series car? Mine is a 1:38:54

Its Mansell! He's slowing down! Hang on a minute, its a new lap record!!!
-Murray Walker rules!!!
Date: November 17, 2002 05:39AM
It does have the shorter hockenhiem track, you gotta unlock it first. I dont think its the propers GP circuit though.

Date: November 17, 2002 07:25AM
Posted by: kirky
No its the TOCA style Hockenheim track that is unlocked, not the new version (damn)

I wonder if we can get GP4Genius to convert the cars in this into a form that you can use in Studio Max and then back again. That would be so cool, just thnk you can have F1 cars from Grand Prix 4 battling with a desent AI for once.

Its Mansell! He's slowing down! Hang on a minute, its a new lap record!!!
-Murray Walker rules!!!
Date: November 17, 2002 07:53AM
Posted by: Vader
Of all the bad things you can (possibly) say about GP$, the AI is certainly not amongst them.

Just tried the NFS6 Hot Pursuit 2 demo. Now that is a game that sucks big time. The physics are bad as ever - even worse. It is so easy to escape the cops. Once you have done this, they call a helicopter that nukes you with bombs. Good God!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 17, 2002 07:59AM
yes the new nfs isnt good.

Btw, with the sinutra (sp?) i did a 1:37.16 lap on the Rockinham Circuit during a race.

Date: November 18, 2002 02:10AM
Posted by: Ellis
i duno my lap times. Im not consistant enough. The FFB is beign annoying too. Sometimes it causes huge slow down.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 18, 2002 03:51AM
ARGH!!! BLOODY GT CLASS!!!!

I was driving along, on my way to a win in the LMP BMW, last lap of Sebring, a track i hadnt unlocked yet (need to win it in championship mode to unlock a track)

So i have about a 1-2 second lead, with half a lap to go - probably just enough. I come up behind the Audis, JUST get past, then the BMW M3s, one BMW trys to pass the other, putting his car gith in my way. I hit him, and we both spin, i go from 1st in class to 6th in class and 7th overall in one corner and finish ladt in class

bloody stupid ass GT class drivers >:(

:)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 18, 2002 10:05AM
hehe i dont drive ffb, its irritating. Its good without it. I just won the championship by a margin of 00.00:007s

oooh it feels so good, i keep watching the replay of the last lap :D

Date: November 18, 2002 11:07AM
Posted by: LS.
i installed the demo thats on this months PCGamer coverdisk to see if its worth purchasing

only to find it crashed straight to desktop like most of my games do since i fitted my new video card

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 18, 2002 12:30PM
L.S. you have two options:

i) Smash computer
ii) Continue step "i" until stress-free

i) See step 1

Date: November 19, 2002 11:44AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Is the damage model any good?!

Date: November 19, 2002 11:51AM
well its non - existant.

Apparantly you do get mechanical faliures though

Date: November 27, 2002 03:51AM
not yet

yes yet. In extreame mode they do exisit, and someone has enabled them in all modes

Max race distance is no longer 25, but 99

Date: November 27, 2002 04:07AM
Posted by: LS.
so whats the state of play now with TIR?

i read chris's post about people editing the physics ( and when i played the demo at last!!! i found the driving mode to appalling. almost arcade) so has the game drving model become more realistic?

i had TIR in my hands at the weekend in GAME and thought better of purchasing it from my experience with the demo.

if the physics and driving modle have been made more realistic then i may becide to go ahead and buy it

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 27, 2002 04:10AM
ok, first, turn off traction control and ABS if u can in the demo. Not only does it make the car harder to drive, but it seems to add something to the physics. It feels much better

Second, make your way over to high gear TIR forum,there is grip mods in there which are all top quality stuff. Not sure if they would work with the demo, but they make the final game feel better and better the more these mods progress

People keep finding new stuff with the game too

Theres a patch over at bhmotorsports.com to unlock all cars and tracks. It does not unlock exteeame mode however

Endurance races now go to 99 laps :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy