GPG T-Shirts Online!! 12/10/07

Posted by mortal 
GPG T-Shirts Online!! 12/10/07
Date: April 03, 2007 11:00PM
Posted by: mortal
The GPG site has a max bandwidth allowance of 150GB. Bandwidth is currently at 200GB, which means that Stephan has a $100-00 Euro bill to keep this site online.
All of you that love your 'community place' and want to see GPG.org remain online, please donate what you can via the 'PayPal' donate button on the homepage. The site is also long overdue for a new server so any contribution you can make will help Stephan. Click the ads every time you visit, increase the ad clicky traffic to help pay as well. I'm sure all of you would hate to see this site vanish into the ether. Please help, by doing so you will help all of us keep our community alive.
Thankyou to all :-)
*Cross posted all forums*

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2007 11:06PM by mortal.
Re: GPG.org bandwidth!! Announcement!!
Date: April 04, 2007 07:47PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Click the ads every time you visit

Dont say that. Its illegal to tell people to click the ads, or to sit and click them pointlessly and breaks the contract.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 04, 2007 09:29PM
Posted by: chet
atm I am cashless, in fact -£2,800 aproxx, but get some loan soon.

ill be happy to donate abit of money. it is the first place i come to get updates on F1, and games. and its the best gp4 forum about. :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 04, 2007 11:14PM
Thankyou chet :-)

I did not ask users to click the ads pointlessly, I asked users to click ads when they visit, anyway, I'm sure they know what I mean, I don't want to get into an argument over semantics, just click an ad or two when you visit is all, every little bit helps, and a little donation helps Stephan even more.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 04, 2007 11:26PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Im not getting into arguments over silly things. Websites have been closed down for telling users to click ads to raise money which is what your doing. Its your site, I dont care, just trying to help out, dont want my advice? Fine, just dont act like you are when people try to help.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 05, 2007 04:01AM
Posted by: Vader
The point is we tell visitors to have a look at the adds and when they are interested in more info one the doubtlessly fine products offered here, click on the adds to learn more about the exciting things these sites have to offer. It's not pointless clicking, but goal-oriented gathering of product information. I personally buy all the things offered in adds at these forums - immidiately and witout thinking twice.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 05, 2007 04:43AM
Posted by: ralv585
@dave

i dont he's telling us to click the ad 100 times in a row, but whenever we visit the site, give it a click, once in the morning and before you go to bed :)

Date: April 05, 2007 07:15AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I think what dave is saying, that Google dont like any sort of "click the adverts" and put it into the contract so it wont happen.

Date: April 05, 2007 08:48AM
Posted by: -Mikey-
Haha. Theres gonna be a huge influx of ad clickage now. ;)

Date: April 06, 2007 05:57AM
Wallets at 50 paces.....draw hombre ;-)
lol at Vader, I thought I was the only one that did that, no wonder my visa is maxed out :-S

Re: GPG.org bandwidth!! Announcement!! UPDATE 9/4/07
Date: April 09, 2007 03:39AM
Bandwidth throttling for the site is currently under testing, more on that soon.

A big "THANKYOU" to these members from Stephan for their welcome donation to the site.

Lasse aka Morbid
Sowjanya Pakalapati
Hans-Helmut Wiencke
Antonis Baltzopoulos
Mal aka mortal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 01:17PM by mortal.
Date: April 09, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: Morbid
Here is a month worth of bandwidth. Now shut up :P

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
I'd donate, but lack of money at this point is hindering me for more than just gpg's bandwidth. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 10, 2007 01:18PM
Thankyou Morbid, your generous donation is BIG news in the moderators forum ;-)

Date: April 10, 2007 02:38PM
Posted by: Monza972
thanks for giving us more bandwidth guys :)
Date: April 10, 2007 03:01PM
Posted by: gav
OK, so who's keeps breaking the banner donation button? ;)

In Firefox the links underneath it don't work. In IE7 the button's right in the middle of the page. Earlier the button was moving to a completely different location with each page I went to!

This is Firefox, and none of the links in the red shaded area work, and I can't even highlight the text.

//edit1 for spelling
//edit2: I've made a small donation. I'd make a larger one, but I only use the forum, so have donated accordingly.

//edot3: I can't even click on the F1 page in the forums! Maybe that's a good thing?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 03:07PM by gav.
Date: April 10, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: Guimengo
The day I stop living off my dad is the day my "wallet" will be opened for others. Until then I must wish very good luck here and say that is a nice gesture of everyone to donate and a nice gesture of Stephan to keep this site up.

I really hope I can donate soon, means I'll have a job :P (Graduate uni in December :-o)
Date: April 10, 2007 09:43PM
Posted by: Vader
Let's make a deal Gui - you don't have to donate any money if you just promise to save a bit of bandwidth and NEVER EVER post pictures of yourself again. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
please for the love of god and this every forum member here, accept that deal!

Date: April 13, 2007 04:11AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hahahahaha, funny one :p
I'm not posting anything, it's been ages now !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy