How can I change the smoothness of a track?

Posted by Atticus. 
How can I change the smoothness of a track?
Date: March 07, 2012 12:45AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Can anybody tell me how to change the smoothness of the asphalt at certain tracks?

-

In fact I did a track which is known to be quite bumpy, and I know I could randomize heights to have a 'bumpy' effect.

But, I also did one which I want to me smoother, yet it is bumpy as well, and I don't know how can I reduce bumpiness.

There was nothing I did different which relates to this AFAIK in the case of the two tracks apart from Indianapolis being the base of the former one (which is known to be smooth) and Monza being the base of the latter one.
Open, or create a magic data file for the track with cmagic
If you scroll down to the bottom there's an entry saying 'bump factor' that you can edit.
A value of between 15000-20000 is about normal, lower than that and the track is smoother, raise it and the track gets bumpier.
I've played some tracks which have had bump factors of nearly 30000 which have been almost unplayable, so I turned them down using cmagic.
Hope that helped :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 02:13AM by salvasirignano.
Re: How can I change the smoothness of a track?
Date: March 07, 2012 07:52AM
Posted by: ofarwest
here you mean bump factor, but what's bump shift?
Date: March 07, 2012 09:29AM
Posted by: Atticus.
It did, thank you very much. :)
Date: March 07, 2012 11:08AM
Posted by: skyline86
Thank salvasirignano for the guide!
You're welcome :)

There's a topic mentioning bump shift here...

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 01:52PM by salvasirignano.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy