C-Magic?

Posted by Go Alesi 
C-Magic?
Date: June 20, 2003 11:56AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Hi,
does anyone know how to edit the bumptables in the Cmagic files to make the tracks more bumpy? I was hoping to get tracks like Canada and Monoco more like Brazil, but I don't know how to edit the values. Do you increase them or decrease them, or change the amount of values there or what...?

Thanks for any help

Re: C-Magic?
Date: June 20, 2003 04:16PM
Posted by: Caelen
bump table looks something like this,
160,1 etc

i believe first number relates to where on track and second number to size of bump. in gp3 i used to use bumpy versions of monaco and adelaide which i got by increasing the values of the second number.
however i noticed in gp4 magic data the following:

30208 ; bump factor
16 ; bump shift

i recon that by changing the bump factor and leaving everthing else the same will make a track bumpier, as the bump factor for interlagos is at least 10000 higher than other tracks i looked at, whereas bump table has similar values, so id try modifying the bump factor first, then the bump values (number after comma), it would be nice to know exactly how to position the bumps, i think the value has something to do with distance from start line, maybe a track editor like ricardo might know, or try asking at gpx patch forum.

Post Edited (06-21-03 00:43)
Date: June 20, 2003 07:25PM
after a bit of testing ive found that the bump shift effects things too, try altering that to a value of 50 without changing anthing else, bumpy as.
youve got me intrigued though now, ill go and ask at gpx patch forum and see what i can get.
Date: June 21, 2003 02:44AM
Thanks. I'll have a play around too.

Date: June 21, 2003 10:02PM
The first number is indeed the location on the track. Specifically, it's a segment number that marks the start of the section that has the bumpiness specified as the second number, upto the next location. The bumpiness is determined by:

(2nd number + bump shift) * bump factor

got this from SDI at gpx patch forum
Date: June 22, 2003 03:04AM
So how do you tell where it starts on the track? I mean, what does a number mean, eg 256 what's along the track!?!?

See, I want to get it so that specific bits are bumpy, eg the oval part of Indy is bumpy, whilst the infield is nice and smooth.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy