Vote for the best F1 racing game series ever

Posted by gitanes 
Re: My Top 5..................
Date: May 18, 2012 04:08AM
Posted by: davegp4
GP4 does provide fun, for example: I've mixed teams (personal) 2012 car shape x2 team ferrari slot, then go carts x2 mclaren slot, 1967 car, 1955 cars, bmws, x1's, 1993, 1979,
and so on, you can't do that on codemasters!
Re: Vote for the best F1 racing game series ever
Date: May 21, 2012 01:12PM
Posted by: pete-21
It's been a few years since I last posted, life got in the way and stuff. I've played with the Geoff's games all the way since GP2 came out.

My boy is now in his now in his teens and plays F1 2010, I've dusted off GP4 downloaded some mods and bits and showed him what a GP game should be like.

Hehehe he's now making his own fantasy carset based on the last 22 word champions, in his own words, "F1 2010, no I'll be on gp4 if you need me". I've now had to install it on my laptop otherwise I don't get a look in. Lol.
Date: May 21, 2012 01:37PM
Posted by: pete-21
Btw, OMFG,

The modding scene has moved on so far in the last 4-6 years, it's totally blown my mind.

Keep fighting the good fight ;)
pete-21 Wrote:

> Hehehe he's now making his own fantasy carset
> based on the last 22 word champions,

This sounds like a brilliant mod - how imaginative. Guess he won't be having 5 Schumacher Ferrari's though!
Date: May 22, 2012 10:31AM
Posted by: Fergy
GrandPrix 4, 10years on an still going strong. If anyone is still playing Codedisasters F1 2010/11 after the same time I'll cut my thingy off with an old butter knife.

GP4 +1
I have played F1 2011 seven or eight corners on Suzuka and press to ESC, Grand Prix 4 is much much better.
Date: May 22, 2012 03:17PM
Posted by: vicnsi
I have played both F12010 and F12011. I cannot believe how anyone even has the patience to sit and wait for those sims to load. :-O

(Maybe it's just my mega-slow machine? Win7, Intel Core2 quad, 2.34 Ghz, 3GB ram)

I run out to the corner shop for a carton of milk, come back, and the game is still loading....I feel my life just draining away every time I try to run one of those sims!!!

Not for me thanks.

Million thanks to all the GP4 mod-ers...10 years on and it's still going strong!!!

GP4 4ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 05:20PM by vicnsi.
Date: June 05, 2012 08:29AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
Of course the grand prix series games score over the ea games in terms of realism.
But I would say that the ea series games are more easily moddable.

Still I also vote for the grand prix series games.

Kimi forever!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy