GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
that colorful track seemed too peaceful to drive too fast around it. And that elephant really made me think about stuff... you know... the world and stuff...
Oh my God, that's awful...
Thank you guys for the warm welcoming can't wait for my first FP. All Tibet will be watching. This weekend is all about trying to learn as much as possible from John and Charrel... and maybe flirting around with grid girls.

____
andreigp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you guys for the warm welcoming can't wait
> for my first FP. All Tibet will be watching. This
> weekend is all about trying to learn as much as
> possible from John and Charrel... and maybe
> flirting around with grid girls.

You can't this week...I've arranged a bunga-bunga party in the ART motorhome.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Ooh i like the sound of that !

Incident 2k9 Schreef:
> andreigp4 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thank you guys for the warm welcoming can't
> wait
> > for my first FP. All Tibet will be watching.
> This
> > weekend is all about trying to learn as much as
> > possible from John and Charrel... and maybe
> > flirting around with grid girls.
>
>
> You can't this week...I've arranged a bunga-bunga
> party in the ART motorhome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Decent Quali for me. Fingers crossed for the race

not satisfied with qualy, hope it rains.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 06:37PM by BAR#10.
11th, hope i can get some points this time.
Sorry guys, the race is having to be delayed slightly, i did run it friday night but there were 8 retirements, teams double pitting drivers, it was carnage. So im currently in the process of re-doing the race and then will upload :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
It's nice that my season seems to be getting back on track! I'm hoping for a quiet race!

X (@ed24f1)
Not great, but better than what it has been. Just hope I can push up the grid and earn some more points :)

Ok so now we have reached a point where i have a race i can post! And well sorry Ed, but if you wanted a quiet race you are at the wrong track ;). 1 retirement (mechanical failure), a few million overtakes, inter-team controversy, we have the lot. You should hopefully be able to see it all later today!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Inter team controversy...

That's not good ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
well thats not the best qualy i guess

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Ferrari2007 Schreef:
> Inter team controversy...
>
> That's not good ;)

Agree, that sounds bad! :P

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Charrel schrieb:
> Ferrari2007 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Inter team controversy...
> >
> > That's not good ;)
>
>
> Agree, that sounds bad! :P

I agree, too. I'm interested to see though, what exactly is meant by that...could be all and nothing. But with Charrel and me being so close to each other, I have a bad feeling.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Round 7 - Zandvoort - Race Part 1!

Hello all and welcome back to the fantastic track of Zandvoort for the final time this weekend! We have finally got to the final event of the weekend, where the big points and prizes are won. Ed Greenhalgh is the favourite to take the win having qualified his car on pole, whilst at the back sits the MAC of Hunsley looking to gain places. The weather says it should be perfectly clear all day, so lets head down to the track for the action!

All 22 cars sit poised ready to bomb down to turn 1, with Greenhalgh and Jalving at the head. We have the first light on, 2nd light, 3rd, 4th, 5th... GO! GO! GO!

Greidanus gets slightly caught up off the line behind Greenhalgh, and that lets Maverick go straight passed the Shadow man into 3rd.

Jalving has also made a good start like his team-mate, and both the MPR driver and Greenhalgh are neck and neck into the first bend.

Muller makes a decent start in his Scala car, jumping Rodriguez for 5th. Vilela has also gained a place over Warrington for 8th, whilst in the background Kittleson and Cartwright has swapped in 10th and 11th.

The lead pair come out the first bend, and they are still side by side, neither willing to give an inch!

Further back down the grid, and it seems Johnson has made a rather explosive start, as he manages to get the jump on both Thomas and Aleksander for 13th.

A little bit of argy-bargy at the back, as Pederson, Somogyi and Thomas can't quite stop perfectly and give eachother a little bump. No harm done however.

Into turn 3 now, and neither Jalving or Greenhalgh seems to be giving up on this lead at all! Jalving looks to have a slight inside line though...

Not that you can tell Greenhalgh that! Now heading round turn number 6, and the tide has turned slightly with the AMR man having the inside line. Still oh so tight though!

They really will not give up! This has to have been the longest side by side stint i have seen, ever! Turn 7 now, and it is still anyones game.

Finally! Greenhalgh is the man to crack as he gets squeezed out round turn 7, and that means, eventually, Jalving has taken the lead of the race!

3 cars into one corner at the same corner is never a good idea, but Sheppard, Vilela and Warrington give it a go at the audi S. No changes of position however.

Oooh thats a really gutsy move from Johnson. He outbreaks Elleker by a million miles into the S, but has to keep himself under control to avoid hitting his team-mate.

Ooof, and there are pieces of carbon fiber everywhere. Hinz fails to break completely and bumps into Pederson, starting a chain reaction. Pederson hits Worseling who hits Somogyi who pushes Aleksander off the track.

An unfortunate passenger in the whole incident, but Aleksander then has to sit and wait in the gravel for everyone to pass. He now inherits 22nd spot.

A quick survey of the damage shows Somogyi has no rear wing, Worseling is missing both rear and front wing, and Pederson is without a front wing. All 3 men will have to pit.

Jalving may have set the fastest lap (pretty obviously as its the first lap), but Greenhalgh still forces him to go defensive. Jalving still leads for now...

His team-mate doesn't fare so well however, and Greidanus sticks his car up the inside of turn 1 to reclaim his 3rd place.

Another man to reclaim his starting position is Rodriguez, as he cruises up the inside of Muller for 5th.

Vilela is slightly less successful in the whole overtaking lark though, as Sheppard successfully manages to keep the ART car behind him.

Thomas gets revenge over Johnson (who had slipped back immediately behind Elleker after his audi S move) to reclaim his 13th place. Karjalainen seems interested in taking the Scuderias spot too.

The three injured men have successfully limped back to the pits for new pieces, although they will be a long way behind the rest of the pack.

Greenhalgh is menacingly close to the back of the MPR, he isn't letting the fight for the lead go at all.

Infact he's alongside Jalving down the start/finish straight! Can he carry it through... Yes! Greenhalgh reclaims his lead!

Theres a bit of yo-yo-ing going on between Muller and Rodriguez, as only a lap after losing the spot, Muller claims 5th back in the exact same spot.

Sheppard however is doing a very good job of holding firm in his TNR car, he keeps Vilela behind for another lap.

Elleker has a bit of an off-road experience as he takes the car wide out of turn 12. No positions lost, but he could be under pressure from behind...

Yup, Thomas capitalises on that mistake by Elleker and now sits inside the points positions as he shoves his car up the inside of the Christel.

But the Christel driver isn't looking to give up that easily, and still sits side-by-side with Thomas in turn 2. Another lead-lap-esque battle? Nope, seems not. Elleker doesn't seem to want to risk his car too much, and perhaps sensibly lets the SCR man go.

As Vilela sets a fastest lap and once again attacks Sheppard in the background, Maverick doesn't let Greidanus get away with the overtake on him, and simply snatches the position back. Could be seeing a lot of that today.

Vilela has finally managed to penetrate the defences of Sheppard, taking 7th place and demoting the TNR to 8th place.

Soon after i mention we could see a lot of drivers swapping, Elleker claws his way back passed Thomas, to reclaim his 12th place from the SCR driver.

Johnson too loses a place, and he's now back where he started in 15th, as the Snake of Karjalainen shows some pace to steam passed the Minardi.

Hinz now goes on a little trip of his own round the outside of turn 8. He slips down from 16th to 19th behind Aleksander.

Wow that is mightly tight! Horvath has put his car in a non existent gap at the Audi S to try and get passed Johnson... And somehow he has pulled it off! Brilliant move!

After all the work Vilela put in to get passed Sheppard, he must be frustrated with that. The TNR driver has very easily driven up the inside and taken 7th back.

Thomas slips back his 2nd place in 2 laps, as Karjalainen is the next man to drive passed him for that unlucky 13th spot. Behind them, Johnson, Hunsley and Aleksander are oh so close...

No change of positions for the trio in 16th/17th/18th however, they all stay as they were.

Now Greenhalgh has a fair shot at the lead, he seems to be taking it with aplomb, as he is pulling a gap over Jalving. Now just over a second ahead.

Ooh nope thats not the way to be getting passed Sheppard... Vilela locks and heads wide at turn 2. When he rejoins, he has lost a place aswell, with Warrington going passed.

To make it worse, the Brazilian man now faces pressure from behind, with Cartwright and Kittleson both pretty close behind.

The True North drivers seem to like this spot today. Sheppard puts his car down the inside of Rodriguez into the S... And he too has made it! That is another fantastic move!

These two will not leave eachother alone at the moment. Greidanus has once again gone up the inside of Maverick and he is the man that currently sits in the podium slot.

Rodriguez is going backwards at the moment, he loses his 2nd position in a very short space of time. This time Warrington gets the better of him into turn one, the ART driver demoted to 8th.

But whilst ART go backwards, TNR go forwards. Horvath claims yet another position in his advances up the field, and his next victim is Thomas, claiming 14th off him.

I have a feeling that overtaking could be happening a lot in turn 1 today... MAC get in on the act, as Hunsley cruises up the inside of Johnson to demote the SDM further.

Sheppard really isnt hanging around now his defensive duties have gone. He now sits in 5th having made easy work of Scala man Muller.

Cartwright and Kittleson haven't pressured each other as much as other, but Cartwright chooses to go a little bit defensive, just in case.

Maybe a little bit fed up of going backwards, Johnson switches to attack, and dives down the inside of Hunsley... Made it! He's got one position back now.

Having spent most of the race in no mans land, Worseling and Somogyi look to be getting slightly closer, as they fight for what can only be pride now.

In fact both Scala's seem to be under some pressure, Muller is having to spend a lot of time checking his Warrington filled mirrors.

Oooh, Hunsley seems to have been reading the True North overtaking manual! He dives down the inside of Johnson into the S... But he's not ahead, infact he now sits side by side with the Scuderia car...

Nope he's not carried that off at all like the manual must say, as he's still behind Johnson, and he is now faced with the prospect of having to keep Aleksander behind him.

Annnnnnnnd, thats part 1 finito! So im afraid, until i part 2 is ready, you guys are all going to have to put up with some entertaining, but generally pointless commercials! The break will not be long, so come back soon!

Round 7 - Zandvoort - Race Part 2!

Welcome back, welcome back! See i told you the delay would not be too long ;). Anyway we join the action only 7 laps on, but after enough overtakes to last Valencia a life-time, so i guess the best thing to do would be to head straight back to the track!

As we arrive back, Muller isn't having to deal with his mirrors full of Warrington anymore. Although thats mainly because the AMR driver has cruised passed and taken 6th.

Hunsley, after his earlier failed overtake on Johnson is unable to keep Aleksander very long, and now sits infront of his team-mate as the Shadow eases by.

Maverick has finally found someone else to fight with other than Greidanus. Unfortunately that someone is Sheppard, and he all too easily made his way by the MPR into 4th.

Rodriguez, have fallen back to where his fellow ART driver sits, can only find Vilela's aggressive side, no team orders there as Vilela simply storms passed.

Having taken one man, Aleksander seems to have a bit of speed about him and he makes it nicely passed another. This time its Johnson who seems to be still going backwards.

Another team on team battle, as its Hinz vs Hunsley at MAC. Hinz is the winner though, he too using turn 1 as the spot of choice, and moving up into 17th. Someone seems to have dropped behind the MAC pair however...

Oooh dear its Thomas, and that certaintly does not look right. The SCR man has a water leak, and unfortunately becomes our first retirement of the day.

Maverick isnt ready to give up on 4th though, and makes Sheppard go ultra defensive in order to keep his place, whilst Warrington looks set to pounce if any mistakes are made...

Sheppard has squeezed Maverick out forcing him to back out... and Warrington looks to take advantage of the slow MPR to go right round the outside! And he takes the position! That is an absolutely brilliant piece of opportunism by Warrington!

Having made his way passed Rodriguez, Vilela is on a charge to win his positions back. He begins with Muller, making his way passed the Scala with ease for 7th.

Karjalainen still making his way through the field in his snake car, and he now finds himself in the points, making his way passed Elleker in the Christel for 12th.

Having made one stunning move, Warrington looks to keep the momentum going with an attack on Sheppard... Yup, he's made it, always was going to with the inside line, and thats 4th.

Now with 10 laps down, we finally provide you with a run down of the standings:

Vilela is looking to change those standings however, he dives down the inside of Maverick who is simply going backwards...

Maverick isnt letting it go without a fight, and he keeps his car side by side with Vilela into turn 2... still neck and neck round turn 3...

This is looking oh so similar to Greenhalgh and Jalving, they are still with eachother through turns 4 and 5... And Vilela finally snatches it! He forces Maverick wide and 6 and gets a clean drive for a hard earned 6th place.

After his great jump off the grid, Johnson seems unable to compete with everyone around him. He's now lost another place, and its Hinz that has gone passed for 16th.

And we have pitstops! First lap round see's Greidanus come in from 3rd, along with Muller, Kittleson and Hunsley. Although... hang on, its raining! Despite all weather reports saying we are in for a sunny race, the heavens have opened as the pitstops begin. This could get really interesting!

With Kittleson moving out the way into the pits, Karjalainen gets to attack Cartwright, who doesn't make too much fuss. Karjalainen through. Behind them, Horvath and Elleker are side by side battling it out.

It seems neither the Christel nor the True North wants to give in. Another long side-by-side duel? Well they are still with each other in turn 3...

Annnd, its Horvath who has won the battle of the wills, getting a better exit from 3 and driving his car clean infront.

2nd lap of pitstops, and the leader is in! Greenhalgh heads to the pit box amidst the rain.

Sheppard follows him in, as does it seems... Warrington! This must mean Aston are queuing their drivers! It seems like thats the case, Warrington is forced to sit and wait whilst Greenhalgh completes his stop. Whats going on there?!

Also in this lap for their first stop is Maverick, whilst Somogyi has stop number 2.

Pederson has his first fight with a driver in a long long time, and fails to make anything of it, as Hunsley drives straight passed him.

Warrington finally leaves the pits and he is down in 20th place. Oh if i could hear that team radio right now, that's his race basically out the window.

With Greenhalgh having pitted, Jalving is the man to lead the race. Will his team be able to get him out the pit lane ahead of Greenhalgh?

Next lap and Rodriguez is heading into the pits, as is... Vilela in front of him, are ART going to queue as well? It seems they have followed Aston, and Rodriguez is made to wait for Vilela to finish! Oh dear oh dear, this rain really has thrown a couple of teams off.

Karjalainen is in for his stop, luckily for him, Snake have chosen the more favourable one driver at a time policy.

Horvath is not stopping his attack any time soon. Cartwright is the next car in line, and the Hungarian soon makes light work of him.

Greenhalgh isn't hanging around to see if his rivals can beat him, especially not with a slow Johnson infront of him, and its not long before the AMR man is through.

And the leader, Jalving is in for his stop! Can his team get him in and out ahead of Greenhalgh? We know Maverick has already stopped so no problems there. Horvath, Elleker, Hinz and Worseling also choose this lap for their respective stops.

With all those stops, the race finds itself with a surprise leader. Its Cartwright in his SCR who gets the shortlived glory of leading part of the race this weekend.

Vilela looks to make his way passed Maverick, both of who have made stops. He succeeds, but one things for certain, Jalving has lost a lot of time pitting so late, he is now behind Muller!

Cartwright ends his time in the lead as he enters the pitlane, joined by Aleksander, Johnson and Pederson

Back in the action, and after the stops Greidanus has found himself in 2nd with Sheppard in 3rd. Although that has now swapped, with Sheppard stealing the second step down the inside.

Behind them its 4th: Muller, 5th: Jalving, 6th: Vilela, 7th: Maverick, 8th: Karjalainen, the latter setting a fastest lap. Make that Jalving 4th, Muller 5th, as the MPR man reclaims one place back towards his 2nd place.

So with the 2nd round of pit stops done, we hit the half-way coverage mark. And whats the best way to celebrate that? With some fantastic commercials of course! Luckily they shall not be for a long time, and the action will soon be back on. See you soon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2012 01:30AM by GPGSL.
Round 7 - Zandvoort - Race Part 3!

Welcome back for the 2nd time today! Despite all weather reports giving us sun all day, it is now raining over Zandvoort, shows you should never trust the weatherman ;). Anyway after the confusion of the first pit stops, its back to the race for pure action. Lets get back to it.

With the pit stops completed, Greenhalgh has managed to retain his lead, although its now Sheppard in 2nd chasing him as opposed to Jalving.

After delaying his team-mate in the pits, perhaps Vilela is a little unsettled? Either way he's gone wide in turn 12, and now finds himself down from 6th to 8th, ahead of Kittleson (who pitted off camera).

Karjalainen gets the drive on Maverick and looks to surge down the inside for 6th place... Made it! Maverick still finding himself heading in the wrong direction.

Hunsley under attack from Hinz for the second time in the race. The outcome is exactly the same however, Hinz makes his way passed easily into 13th.

Horvath finds himself 10 places up in 10th, but he's not stopping there. He launches yet another attack, and this time Kittlesons the driver losing his place, handing 9th to Horvath.

Not long after losing out to Hinz, Hunsley finds himself losing yet another place. This time its Aleksander of Shadow who happily takes the place away.

Greenhalgh finds himself with a 3.3 second lead over Sheppard, although by the looks of it the time is being constantly cut down...

Karjalainen is still pressing on in his charge from 17th place on the grid, and he now sits in 5th place, having made it passed Muller.

Kittleson in his Scuderia has had a pretty quiet race, although he now is getting some attention as Elleker pulls alongside him... and makes it stick, the Christel now sitting further in the points.

Having been overtaken by Sheppard, Greidanus has been unable to keep up with the TNR and now seems to be slipping towards Jalving.

Warrington looks to try and salvage something from his race and is all over the back of Hunsley. He will more than like have to wait til turn 1 to make a move though.

Yup that lead of Greenhalgh is being chipped down pretty rapidly. Its now just 2.2 seconds seperating him and Sheppard.

Kittleson in the news once again, and that means another place gone. This time its Carwright who finds himself easing passed the Brit.

One second he's all over Hunsley, now Warrington finds himself going in the wrong direction. Johnson tries a rare attack, and makes it stick, getting up to 16th.

We are at the halfway point in this race, and between stops 1 and 2, so lets give you guys some standings:

I did say Greidanus was dropping back to Jalving didnt i. Well Jalving instantly makes it count to get his MPR back on the podium and in 3rd place.

Having got passed Warrington, Johnson has the confidence to make a move on Hunsley. He steals away the MACs 15th place, whilst Hunsley now has to be careful of the AMR behind him again.

Oh dear, Greidanus seems to be having one of those backwards spells we have seen today, or maybe Karjalainen is have a quick spell? Either way, the Snake driver goes passed and now sits in 4th, the Shadow man in 5th.

Kittleson is most definately in a slow phase, and Hinz looks to take advantage of that to grab to final points slot.

Kittleson isnt ready to give up his point that quickly however, and the Scuderia driver is still with the MAC round 2 and 3...

Unfortunately his fight ends there, and Hinz does eventually successfully take that 12th place slot for himself.

Whoever Hunsley might have been close to, he isn't now, as he drops it into the audi S and has to take the gravelly way back onto the track in 17th.

Muller also seems to be struggling at that corner in the wet, and locks up badly. Somehow the Scala comes out of it perfectly, as he manages to find some space, whilst Maverick behind him now has both Vilela and Horvath right on his tail.

And true to the form of the race, an overtake then follows. Vilela manages to get his car up the inside of Maverick into turn 1, and the MPR man has now fallen back to 8th place.

Aleksander is the next man on the back/side by side with Kittleson, as he looks to build himself back after Lap 1. Kittleson provides next to no defence this time, and Aleksander sits so much closer to points.

Sheppard is now so so close to the back of that AMR! The gap is under a second, does he have enough time to attack before the pitstops?

Oh dear, today really is not the day for Maverick. Horvath goes on the attack straight after Vilela, and finds the same route through. Maverick down to 9th place, Horvath 8th.

Right at the back of the field, Worseling has finally caught up to Somogyi, and soon dispatches the Scala to gain 18th place. Not much hope of points from there...

Having got passed Maverick, Vilela is immediately on the back of Muller in 6th place, and choose the unorthodox place of the S to go for a move. He does a pretty impressive job to get alongside the Scala around the bend, but Muller gets a better drive out the corner and keeps the place.

Although only for seconds more. Vilela chooses a much better place to go for the overtake almost immediately after, and unsurprisingly grabs the position. Thats 6th for him.

No rest for the slow... and its Elleker ready to punish Maverick for any lack of speed he may have. Which turns out to be a fair amount, as Elleker is easily through into 9th place.

The pitstops are here once again! And maybe an explanation for Sheppards pace, as he is the first man to head in for his stop. He is joined by Karjalainen, Hinz, Cartwright, Johnson and Pederson.

As the all head in, Horvath looks to follow Vilela passed the slower Muller into turn 1. The pace difference shows, and the TNR is easily through.

Elleker is now looking to get in on the act of dropping Muller places, and he too makes it look all too easy, easing his Christel passed the Scala.

Warrington is now under attack too, although its in a different prospect with all the pit stops. Karjalainen looks to slide it up to inside of turn 1, but the AMR puts in some solid defensive work and keeps his position.

Worseling also choosing to go on the attack in the other snake car, this time on the MAC of Hunsley. He manages much better than his team-mate, and finds himself ahead of someone other than Somogyi, Pederson and Rodriguez.

Annnd thats where we shall be taking our third and final break of the coverage! After this comes the final part, no more break, no more commercials, so you will just have to bear with us through this final one. It may be slightly longer than the others, but your coverage will be back before you know it, see you soon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2012 02:49AM by GPGSL.
Round 7 - Zandvoort - Race Part 4!

Hello and welcome back for the final time this afternoon! We are now reaching the climax of what has been a thoroughly enjoyable and interesting race. Down on the track they are currently half way through the 2nd pit stop phase, so lets head down, don't want to miss a second of the action!

Rodriguez is the only man to be heading in for a stop this lap apparently. No team mate to hold him up this time...

Next lap and Aleksander heads in to take his second stop of the afternoon. Both Kittleson and Warrington follow him in, it seems AMR have changed policy this time round. Somogyi is also in for his stop.

But whilst they are all stopping, Hinz is moving forwards. He dives up the inside of Cartwright, and manages to snatch the position away.

Vilela pits from his 4th position next time round. As do both Muller and Maverick in very close quarters of eachother. They are joined by the MAC of Hunsley.

Cartwright looks to get almost immediate revenge on Hinz for the overtake, and as with so many today, he's made his way passed.

Pederson is also on his way backwards, not that he can go further back. Rodriguez makes his way nicely passed and hands over the wooden spoon to the Christel.

Ed Greenhalgh is in from the lead! Can his team do him a massive favour and keep him his lead? Jalving also pits from 2nd, trust me that is him. Horvath and Greidanus are also pitting, as is Elleker.

Sheppard comes passed the pit lane, remember he has already pitted, and... he takes the lead! Sheppard has jumped Greenhalgh in the pit stops!

Disaster for Jalving however as he has to wait for both Elleker and Greenhalgh to pass before he can finally leave his box.

Greenhalgh comes out the pits, and he is in 3rd place? It seems he's lost not one, but two places in his stop!

Jalving makes his way back on to track, and its at the exact same time as Vilela is sweeping round turn 1. The ART driver is going much faster however and manages to snatch the place, as Warrington sets a fastest lap.

Now we finally get to see the man in 2nd place and its... Karjalainen! After his pit stop, he must have set some great laps, but either way he now sits in 2nd, having started 17th!

Rodriguez chooses to take the very outside line of turn 2, but finds out its just grass out there. He now sits back in plumb last, wooden spoon in hand.

Hinz looking to have a go down the inside of Carwright into the S, but can't make a successful job out of it and stays behind.

Unfortunately giving Horvath the perfect opportunity to pounce and take his 8th place right off him. Easily done.

With 10 laps left, and all pit stops completed, here are the positions for the final run in:

Having dropped back pretty far, Hunsley looks to gain some places back up the field. First comes Somogyi and thats pretty easy for the MAC driver.

Going passed Hinz may well have set Horvath off again, as he is now on the attack on Cartwright, making it look easy as he drives straight passed. Behind them it seems Aleksander is lining up a move on Hinz.

He too finds it not too difficult to get passed, and now sits in 9th position.

Oops nope thats not right, as both Muller and Cartwright find the grassy exit of turn 2. Carwright is back on infront of Elleker, whilst Muller now sits behind Maverick and out the points.

Cartwright now being made to work very hard to keep his place from Elleker, the pair sitting in 10th and 11th.

Out front, with 7 and a bit laps to go, Sheppard is sitting on a fairly comfortable 5 seconds lead, this race is his to lose.

Behind him, Karjalainen is even more secure in 2nd. He has nearly 8 seconds over Greenhalgh in 3rd place, which is going to be almost impossible for the AMR man to close.

Having defended last lap, Cartwright is back on duty again this lap, as Elleker is side by side on the straight... Well now he's not, he's straight through, and that has pushed Cartwright right on top of Maverick and Muller.

An invite Maverick is all too quick to take, eager to make up places after a pretty backwards race. He goes through and takes 11th.

It seems the overtakes won't end for Cartwright, as Muller looks to take his final point from his grasp. The scala succeeds with relative ease, and has recovered back to 12th.

Warrington on the attack as he looks to regain some pride by getting passed Johnson. The speed difference is evident, he is through and off before the corner even ends.

Hinz now dropping further back in the points as Elleker looks to grab as many as he possibly can. The Christel is through and now has 9th place to his name.

Greidanus is the next target on the unstoppable Horvaths list. The TNR steals 6th place for the Shadow, amybe Horvath wants the places gained point? He would have to take 4th for it though...

Sheppard is now heading onto his last lap, all he has to do is make it around, and the win is his.

Hinz doesn't have the same joy of just cruising round on the final as he is under attack from Maverick. The MPR manages to grab another point for himself as he takes 10th.

Sheppard now heading round the final turn for the final time today in blazing sunshine, as the clouds and rain are now long gone...

Glen Sheppard wins the Dutch Grand Prix! From 7th on the grid thats a pretty impressive drive, and he takes max points this weekend!

Karjalainen comes through in 2nd place, and consider he started 17th, that is an incredible drive from the Snake. He picks up places gained too.

Completing the podium is Ed Greenhalgh in his Aston car. He must have been hoping for the win today and could so easily have got it, but today was not the day.

Behind him its 4th: Vilela, 5th: Jalving, 6th: Horvath, 7th: Greidanus. Horvath too had a fantastic drive starting in 20th and ending up 6th.

Coming in in 8th and 9th its Aleksander and Elleker. Not a bad result for Aleksander considering he was 22nd after the first lap.

Maverick comes through in 10th place, and i cant help but feel he won't be best pleased about that. He would have hoped for more, but just seemed to go backwards.

Hinz just manages to hold off Muller to keep his 11th place, with the Scala rounding out the points for 12th.

Both MAC's get a tight run in to the finish line, Hunsley tries a move down the inside of Worseling but can't quite make it before the flag.

And there you have it, race complete! Congratulations to Glen Sheppard of True North Racing! He had the spit, he had the correct strategy, it all added up perfectly today and he has managed to snatch the race win. Special mentions to Karjalainen and Horvath who both drove incredibly.

Official Race Results:

Official Fastest Laps:

Anyway thank you all for watching/reading. I hope you enjoyed to coverage, but now the circus packs up and heads off to Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium for Round 8.
See you all there!
Goodbye!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2012 12:25PM by GPGSL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy