GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Please, Ford. Make a decent engine for us!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Best wishes John!

And sorry to hear that you're leaving Marko (I must have missed the announcement). You've always been a great competitor and it was great to share being the only foundation drivers being left in the series.

X (@ed24f1)
GPGSL British Grand Prix - Silverstone

Qualifying

Qualifying was held today for the British Grand Prix at the old Silverstone layout. Here is what happened.

22nd Somogyi - SGP
Somogyi was the first driver out of the pitlane and therefore the first to set a time which was good enough for 16th initially, but he was never to improve upon this and ultimately will line up in last place on the grid.

21st Rodríguez - ART
Carlos will be disappointed with his performance today. He was initially stuck way down in 20th place, slipping back to 22nd and managing to pull himself up a place to 21st.

20th Sheppard - SMS
Australian Sheppard is another who will be upset with his time. 21st after the first round of runs and desperate to find a good setup, he improved briefly to 15th before falling back to 20th.

19th Hinz - MAC
In last place after the first runs, Hinz improved to 14th on his second run. He failed to make any further improvements and fell back to 19th after his last attempt.

18th Steer - SMS
Snake boss de Boer will not be happy with 18th and 20th on the grid. Connor was 16th with 25 minutes to go which eventually became 18th.

17th Hunsley - MAC
Sporting a new helmet especially for Silverstone, Hunsley was as high as 10th on his first run, but wasn't able to improve his setup and slowly slipped back to 17th.

16th Nell - SGP
Falling as low as 21st on the second runs, Sebastian was able jump up to 16th on his last timed lap.

15th Kittleson - SMM
Minardi's big team boost didn't seem to help Kittleson's cause. 14th was the highest he could manage, slipping back to 15th.

14th Pedersen - VXR
The Dane's fastest lap put him in 11th place on his second run, but dropped back to 14th.

13th Vilela - ART
Brazilian Vilela will no doubt give us a very short, but to the point statement to show his frustration with 13th place. He should feel relieved as he was languishing down in 18th. Jumping up to 13th on his 3rd run, he managed to hang on to his position til the end.

12th Elleker - VXR
Initially very pleased with his first run that put him as high as 8th, he finished 12th when he failed to go any quicker.

11th Johnson - SMM
Minardi will be scrathing their heads wondering why their big team boost didn't put any of its cars higher than 11th.

10th Edwards - TNR
Just a few minutes into the session and things were looking good for Edwards and TNR's enormous can of whoop-ass as he took 3rd. However, this was to be his best time.

9th Thomas - SCR
Fantastic result for Thomas after some disappointing races of late. His first run was his fastest and put him in 4th place, hanging on to finish in the top ten.

8th Jalving - MPR
Charrel was struggling in the early stages down in 12th. Taking 5th on his 3rd attempt, but dropping back to 8th.

7th Greenhalgh - AMR
A surprise for some considering his latest run of poles and wins, Greenhalgh was struggling down in 13th place early on. Taking 4th, he was lucky not to fall back further than 7th at the end.

6th Cartwright - SCR
Both cars in the top ten will certainly put a smile on SCR boss Mal Stoddart's face after his problems back at the team's base of operations.

5th Horváth - TNR
Breifly sitting on pole, Horváth slipped back to 9th after the first runs. Taking 4th in his 3rd run he dropped back to 5th with Maverick's late run.

4th Warrington - AMR
Shock horror as Aston Martin fail to take pole in their home race. Warrington in his last event with AMR did his best lap very early on and took the pole, ultimately slipping back to 4th.

3rd Aleksander - TSS
Marko will be reasonably happy with 3rd on the grid in his last race before his surprise retirement. It was looking like 2nd for a long time until Maverick's late run.

2nd Greidanus - TSS
2nd and 3rd on the grid for Team Shadow's last race before swapping their Subaru engines for Mercedes for next season. They had locked out the front row for most of the session, but became another victim to Maverick's late run to pole.

1st Maverick - MPR
Maverick takes pole position in his last race for MPR. The Swiss driver was down in 5th for much of the session until his sensational last timed run.

Official results to follow.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Maverick grabs his first pole at Silverstone

This is what the Swiss driver had to say at the press conference. In his excitement not every of his words was politically correct. One please accepts our censorship for these words.

"YES! @#$%& YES, YES, @#$%& YES! My first pole ever in my last qualifying for MPR. Now if that isn't a superb first goodbye present for the team! Now it would be an even better present if I could keep that position up to the end of the race. But for this, my race pace would finally have to be constant and especially the pit stops would have to work out at least this one time! God....please let them work out at least once!"

There is reason for his doubts. This season, Maverick has constantly lost positions in the pits. And with both TSS cars and retiring John Warrington behind him, there's strong competition waiting for a chance to use a mistake. But on the other side, Maverick has shown a constant pace in qualifying and has never been in the comfortable situation this season, where he could lead the field and maybe push a bit away, instead of having to make pit-stops in the middle of the field. One is strongly reminded at the Dubai race in S5, where he could celebrate his first victory. If he can come up with such a performance again, he will definitely have chances for his second win this season. But until then, it's a very, very long way.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Nope, not happy with this grid position......

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
We need our usual good race tactics to climb to the podium, the win is too far away, i think.
Pole position for Maverick! Great way to start his last race!!

I qualified in 8th position, could be better but could also be worse! Lets look ahead and score some good points!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Not the result I was hoping for to be honest. Hopefully we can move into the points in the race.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

We need to do something really special here...be it an unconventional strategy, a pair of super drives or just telling the Ford engineers they've not done a good enough job.

GO TEAM!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Owen Edwards @oensan 20m
All I can say is I'm disappointed with our performance in quali. We'd been hoping for the first few rows. Got a lot to do from 10th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
It's all about the race pace! Silverstone will suit us with the extra grunt. We will be on the podium! ;)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Cant say that I am overly thrilled with qualifying...mind you we are trying out a lot of new parts for next season at this weekend. I am hopeful that we can snatch some points though.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

4th in qualifying for my last ever main race. Hopefully a podium place awaits

Not a great result, hopefully Rod and Carlos will be able to make up a lot of spots in the race. I badly want to take 6th from Minardi or else I need two new race drivers for next season. LOL ;)

Good position to take victory for a 2nd time in a row.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy