F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
2005 Hungarian Grand Prix Qualifying session

Massa on pole at the Hungaroring

Felipe Massa took pole position for the hungarian grand prix in an epic battle with his teammate Fernando Alonso to head a Ferrari 1-2.Mark Webber was an excellent 3rd in the Redbull,just ahead of Villeneuve's Williams with Nico Rosberg rounding out the top 5..Jenson button did a super job to haul his Sauber into 6th.Although it was a disaster for 2nd in the championship Sebastian Vettel,who could only manage 13th in the Mclaren...Another dismal day for Ralf Schumacher see's him bring up the rear,with the Toyota team surely losing patience in the lacklustre German....

Massa taking pole

Qualifying Standings

Sauber Statement

A great job by jenson, nick practice speed is gone. Theyll find a way to dissapoint me again.
Arrows Statement

Good qualy for us. Glock beating Zonta for once which is nice for him. Hopefully we can get both cars home in the points
McLaren Mercedes

Good job done by Nico, he should be able to get some points in race. However a bad session for Seb, hopefully he can gain some places, otherwise the gap to Massa in the WDC could get pretty big.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
BAR
Below average
Kimi did good, but Lotterer is way down the field. Tomorrow needs to be an improvement.
Klien's been off the boil for a bit. Davo's not done a bad job, though.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Great job Mark

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
2005 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Coverage

Welcome to todays coverage of the hungarian grand prix,Qualifying so a Ferrari front row lockout,with Webber and Villeneuve threatening behind.With Sebastian Vettel only managing 13th on the grid it makes it a great chance for Felipe Massa to extend his lead in the title race...Anyway the 5 lights are on,and we are ready to go racing...

And we are away...Massa makes a great start to lead into turn 1..Webber jumps Alonso for 2nd..and the rest filter through without incident

One lap in and MS dives down the inside of Rosberg to take 5th..Great move!!

Trouble at turn 2 as Sato nerfs Glock of the road..The german rejoins in last..

Massa pulling away at the front sets the fastest lap..

The two Williams go at it for 4th,with MS pulling another decent move into turn 1..

Barrichello lines up Rosberg for 6th..and is through with a neat move into turn 1...

Lotterer passes Heidfeld for 15th..

Massa sets another fastest lap..The brazilians flying at the front!!..

More action down the field as Kubica passes Button for 8th..

Whats this a smoking Sauber!!

And Heidfeld is out with an engine failure

Rosbergs Mclaren has an electical problem and will have to pit...He rejoins last..

Massas off the road and out of the race..Major development!!..The race leader retires with Transmission failure..Gutting for the brazilian!!

Webber now leads!!..

Vettels quietly moved himself up to 7th..

Alonso kickstarts the first round of pitstops...Which brings some more cars flooding in for thier stops

MS and Villeneuve are now 1-2 but yet too stop..

MS pits for his first stop,followed by another crowd of cars

Vettels pulling off!!Transmission failure does for him what it did to Massa!!...Both championship leaders are out..What a turnaround!!..

Now a look at the standings after the first round of stops..

Da Matta passes Rosberg for 8th..Good move!

Whats this Alonso looks to be slowing..He is!!...Past goes Villeneuve for 3rd,and Barrichello is also through

Alonso Makes it back to the pits in what looks like a loose wheel for the spaniard..But the mechanics are not ready for him!!..He rejoins way down the field,Disaster for Ferrari!!

Rosberg pits for his 2nd stop..

Meanwhile Sato has an electrical problem and will have to pit..not a good race for the japanese driver..

MS has cut the gap to Webber to just over a second

Webbers in for a fresh set of tires..with some drivers following for thier 2nd stop

The race leaders in for his 2nd stop,has he done enough to jump Webber?

Its going to be close..

But Webber just stays ahead,Great stuff!!

More drivers in for thier 2nd stop..

Zonta dives past Coulthard for 15th..nice move..

Meanwhile at the front MS is right under Webbers gearbox exiting the last corner..can he make the pass?

Yes!!..MS takes the lead with a great move!!

A quick look at the standings after the second round of pitstops

Oh nooo!!..Webbers slowing down..Hes out with a puncture..Major dissapointment for the aussie!!..

Off camera Kubica has passed Button for 4th

Another look at the standings with 30 laps to go..

Fisichella and Da Matta are having a titanic scrap for 6th!!..

Meanwhile Glocks miserable race comes to an end wih suspension failure...

Da Matta heads a train of cars battleing for 6th..

3rd round of pitstops starts off with Sato..

Fisichella finally passes Ralf who held him up badly,which can only help Da Mattas quest in staying ahead

More drivers hit the pitlane for thier 3rd stop...

Rosberg and Ralf battle it out for 11th..with the toyota driver staying ahead..

Rosberg has another go at Ralf..but cant make the pass..but in the background Alonso shows how its done and muscles past Raikkonen..Great pass!!

A lap later Rosberg finally gets the job done...

Race leader MS,Da Matta and Lotterer are in for thier final stop..

And with Fisichella getting held up by Ralf..Lotterer has jumped up to 7th!..Great strategy by the Jordan team..

Alonso passes Ralf for 10th..and behind them Zonta passes Raikkonen..

Ralf the last driver to pit rejoins last...a dismal drive the day from the german

Heres the standings after the last round of pitstops...

Not much action on track with 5 to go..

Alonso barges past Rosberg for 9th!!

Major disapointment for Fisichella..He has an electrical problem and has to pit,he rejoins in 14th..A great drive and points finish is ripped away from his grasp!!

Zonta is also out towards the end with a suspension failure..

But theres no stopping Michael schumacher,who records an emphatic win with a great drive that puts him back in the title race!!

Jacques Villeneuve finishes 2nd to make it a Williams 1-2..

With Rubens Barrichello completing the podium for Renault

Robert Kubica is 4th..solid drive..

Jenson Button a fine 5th for Sauber..

Cristiano Da Matta an excellent 6th..

Andre Lotterer a superb 7th...

And Fernando alonso completes the points scorers with a great recovery drive to finish 8th..

Full Race Results to follow....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 10:09PM by Alesi no1.
2005 Race classification

DOTD - Michael Schumacher is the driver of the day with a great drive from 7th on the grid to take his second win of the season..

@Twigster..i will let u update the drivers and constructors tables m8 :)
Minardi News

After an average season which has seen him pick up 1 points finish, Christian Klien is to drop down to be Minardi's test and reserve driver. Franck Montagny will replace him as Anthony Davidson's teammate.

A spokesman for the team said: 'We would like to thank Christian for his efforts this season. However, we feel we wish to evaluate Montagny for a future drive, and feel he's got a lot to give.'

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
McLaren Mercedes

Very bad weeken for us, Seb showed a good race until he was forced to retire, and Nico lost many time due to the electrical problems.

Seems that I've taken the reliability problems from Jordan along to McLaren, lol.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Toyota

Another solid drive from cristiano to 6th place,we at toyota are very happy with the job he is doing this year in a not so good car..As for Ralf not much to say really,Needs a major improvement in turkey or Allan Mcnish our test driver will be in for the remaining races of the season...
Thanks once again Alesi, and I must say your graphics are just incredible! ;)

Also just so you're all aware the driver signings won't be going up just yet as I am waiting to hear from new managers if they want to make any last minute bids; considering they've only just been appointed to their new roles. So they will be going up when the test results go up, probably sometime tomorrow :)

Also prepare for the inevitable mistake in the tables, I forgot to update my version after the German GP meaning I've had to add in two sets of results instead of one so I'll be amazed if there isn't a mistake in there ;)

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, after looking at the large number of mechanical issues in that race I'm going to drop the reliability values slightly further.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 10:54PM by Twigster151.
BAR
Our reliability has dropped sharply. Both cars had electrical problems and our pace is still average.
Absolutely stunning stuff from Lotterer, from 20th to 7th in the race. Made Kimi look rather ordinary if I'm honest.
Williams F1

"Awesome race for us." :-)

My GPGSL Career
Arrows Statement

Come on. For the last two tests we have worked on reliability yet both cars are still retiring. Becoming a joke now. Whats the points playing if your cars retire race after race. No doubt Super Aguri will be the same next season.
DStonesF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arrows Statement
>
> Come on. For the last two tests we have worked on
> reliability yet both cars are still retiring.
> Becoming a joke now. Whats the points playing if
> your cars retire race after race. No doubt Super
> Aguri will be the same next season.

Twigster151

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, after looking at the large number of mechanical issues in that race I'm going to drop the reliability values slightly further.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Top class coverage!! Glock has only finished 1 in his last 8 races!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy