GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
iSport International

We are very pleased with our performance in today's qualifying, Paffet 2nd place gives us excellent perspectives for the weekend, and is, by far, the best driver with a Renault engine. Pantano is 13th, while at first may not seem a great result, might enable him to achieve some points, which is the goal.
iSport International is looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 05:39AM by tozequio.
BCN

Fantastic qualifying effort from the lads! Great to see Lyons continue his testing form by grabbing pole! And Sharp has answered his critics to puck up a surprise 4th place starting position! We just need to get our heads dorm in the race and race well and clean! Come on lads!
Damn good effort from Carroll. Disappointed with Rosberg, but I am almost certain he will improve for the races.
JohnWarrington becomes (temporary) team principle at HiTech Racing
HiTech Racing has been without a manager since the start of the season, which pretty much resembles their current position: 10th place, point equal with DSR Lotus. But not only HiTech Racing is suffering, all teams using mercedes engines had a problem as well, as a team without manager did not take part in the test sessions and therewith did not help develop the engine. But this has finally come to an end with JohnWarrington, team manager of McLaren Mercedes in Formula 1, becoming the new team manager of HiTech Racing. At least for as long as it takes to find a new manager for them. Let´s wish him and the team all the best!

About the races: Race 1 will be up today, but I´m not sure if I can get race 2 up as well. If I do not get it up today, it will be up either tomorrow or on tuesday at the latest.
Nürburgring Feature Race
Hello everyone to the Feature Race here in Germany. Yesterdays qualifying saw BCN Competitions Richard Lyons grab the pole in front of Gary Paffett. Ryan Sharp, is going to start from 4th position and with a good race he can show everyone what he is capable of.

All five lights are on. The race will be start any moment now!

And here we go!

Toni Vilander is already making good progress by overtaking some drivers on the outside.

Teammate Franck Montagny is looking to overtake Gene, who lost a position at the start.

But Gene is able to defend himself against the Campos Racing driver.

And at the front both Gary Paffett and Adam Carroll overtook Richard Lyons, who is now in 3rd position in front of his teammate Sharp!

But Carroll is making a mistake!

Lyons is getting through again, and Sharp might try it as well!

And Nico Rosberg, who already won a position is spinning at the same position his teammate did barely a second ago!

He is now facing the wrong side and has to wait until all cars

passed him.

But what´s that?! Seems like Alexandre Prémat ran into Nico Rosberg! Has he been dreaming or did he think he had enough space?!

Well Rosberg benefits from it, as he is now facing the right side again and can drive on. It doesn´t seem like one of the cars has been highly damaged.

Indeed, both cars are driving along, in 13th and 14th position. While Gary Paffett logically drives the fastest lap.

Even though it could have been worse, Rosberg lost a lot time in this incident.

And while trying to overtake López, Toni Vilander brakes wrong!

Marc Gene and Robert Doornbos immediately use this chance.

Gene is through, but Doornbos still has to fight.

And it seems like he is not getting through.

Still, he is in a way better position than teammate Kovalainen...

And indeed Doornbos didn´t get through, while Giorgio Pantano, second driver of iSport International overtook Franck Montagny. Seems like a good first race for the new manager tozequio.

With two laps done, let´s have a look at the standings.

It seems like Prémat overtook Rosberg but due to braking wrong he could loose that position again.

And here we have Adam Carroll, driving in 3rd spot.

And back to Gianmaria Bruni, who is getting overtaken by Heikki Kovalainen

Not much has been shown, so let´s have another look at the standings.

And with 26 laps to go, Björn Wirdheim is driving the fastest lap.

Prémat is still in front of Nico Rosberg. Holding off the current leader of the championship isn´t that bad.

Now Wurz is braking wrong while trying to defend himself against Piquet.

This gave Enrique Bernoldi the chance to get close to Piquet and eventually overtake him.

But Piquet is able to stay in front.

Oh, and López is running wide!

And he spins! This is bad, as he will surely have to wait to rejoin the race now.

But whats that, López is getting a friend! Bruni runs wide as well!

Gianmaria Bruni rejoins 20th.

While López rejoins last. Sad, as he was the only chance for Racing Engineering to score points in this race.

And this is a duel for prestige: Kovalainen trying to overtake Kobayashi.

This could get interesting!

In the end Kobayashi stays in front.

Bernoldi seems to have lost some time somewhere.

While Kobayashi is fastly getting closer to Ide.

And it seems like Bernoldi has spun as well! He is now in last position!

With 20 laps to go, let´s see the standings again.

Wirdheim now challenging Pantano!

But Pantano is able to stay in front of him.

And now Prémat is trying to overtake Wirdheim!

And he as well is not getting through.

He lost a lot of time in his try as well.

Which Rosberg immediately trys to use to overtake him.

But he is not getting through.

And with thus, Ryan Sharp starts the pit stops.

And a Coloni Motorsport car is running wide once more! I think it is Bruni, who won some positions due to not having pitted yet.

Indeed it is Bruni, but he is not moving!

Bruni is out! I don´t know what the problem was, but I think it´s something technical.

With that beeing said, Vilander is the next one to make his pit-stop.

And now leading man Gary Paffett is getting into the pits.

As is Lyons!

And Adam Carroll! The three leading man are pitting at the same time! Let´s see where they come out again.

Carrolls pit-stop is over and I think Gary Paffett is the one driving away over there.

But the BCN Crew has been too slow and Richard Lyons has to wait! Carroll overtakes Lyons in the pit!

Will Ryan Sharp get past him as well?

No, but he got close.

And the next drivers are getting into the pit now.

While Gary Paffett is still leading this race. A great start for the new manager.

With all pit-stops beeing done, let´s see the standings once more.

And as you can see, Franck Montagny passed Toni Vilander through their pit-stops. I don´t know if it has beend planned, but he is now in 8th position - Pole Position for tomorrow.

And Carroll now sets a new fastest lap.

Just to have it beaten by Lyons.

I meant Rosberg.

Bernoldi overtook Wurz as well, but he is not willing to loose against his teammate.

Which results in both drivers having to brake hard.

This was unnecessary as both drivers lost time.

Kovalainen is not in reach for an attack, but Kobayashi is and so Kovalainen drives a defensive line.

And what´s that? Kobayashi driving off-track!

I don´t exactly know what happened, but Kobayashi is out of the race.

We are in the 29th lap - let´s have a look at the standings once more.

Vilander, who lost a place to Montagny while pitting will now have to defend himself against Prémat and Wirdheim.

Well so much for that.

Wirdheim now challenging Prémat for 9th.

But we get cut off.

And we get back - nothing changed.

4 laps to go, Paffett still leading the race. He should win this by now.

Wirdheim seems to have lost a lot of time.

But nevermind, Gary Paffett wins the race!

Adam Carroll comes in second after starting 3rd!

While Richard Lyons lost two places and finishes 3rd. Still a good result.

Teammate Ryan Sharp comes in 4th.

Robert Doornbos and Marc Gene finish 5th and 6th, picking up their first points.

Giorgio Pantano finishes 7th - His first points as well.

And Franck Montagny finishes 8th. He will start tomorrows Sprint race from Pole Position.

DSR Lotus Statement
A good race for us as both our drivers progressed during the race. Unfortunately Gene lost a position from Doornbos during the pits which showed us once again our mechanics should practise more. As for Premat - unfortunately the incident with Rosberg cost him a position or two, which could have resulted in a point finish. However we showed we have the pace to get both our cars in the points for sprint race. Gene didn't make the best start this time, so we all hope he saved his best effort for tomorrow race. If we have luck we can even get the podium from the sprint race and if Premat is fast enough to get in top 6 it will be the dream weeekend for us!

Keeping fingers crossed, we are waiting for next race to come :)

PS WE want to congratulate new Isport manager for his good debut. If he keeps up that way Super Nova may have some unexpected problems on their way to win both titles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 01:50PM by pycku.
Nightmare at the Nurburgring for Racing Engineering
The racing engineering crew couldn't hide their disappointment today after seeing a promising start to the race descend into chaos.
Lopez was clearly feeling the pressure of being in a points scoring position and made a small mistake which cost him well over 30 seconds, and Kobayashi was the victim of some pretty slack quality control by a member of the team. The gearbox failure had been developing all weekend now we have looked more closely at the data and this is the reason for Kamui's apparent lack of pace in both practice and qualifying.
We remain hopeful for the sprint race, but given the strength of the drivers in the top 10, it is unlikely we'll be scoring points from this far back.
Red Bull Racing Junior

An incredibly poor race, losing positions everywhere, and no pace at all. We will be working hard to find where we have gone wrong on this years design.

The sprint race will be Bernoldi's last race for us, and we will be drafting in Pavlovic for the rest of the season.

-------------------------------------------------------
> Red Bull Racing Junior
>
> An incredibly poor race, losing positions
> everywhere, and no pace at all. We will be working
> hard to find where we have gone wrong on this
> years design.

Well the design is one and the same for all. But maybe you'll have to look for a sabotage or inexperienced engineers and mechanics.
pycku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lucasinio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Red Bull Racing Junior
> >
> > An incredibly poor race, losing positions
> > everywhere, and no pace at all. We will be
> working
> > hard to find where we have gone wrong on this
> > years design.
>
> Well the design is one and the same for all. But
> maybe you'll have to look for a sabotage or
> inexperienced engineers and mechanics.

I realised that as i posted it! I have started re-structing the team for next year, ready for BMW power- and a possible takeover bid from within...

We are simply delighted with the debut of new manager tozequio. A win and a 7th place is amazing for the team. Gary Paffett did a perfect race and he finally brought home the bacon for iSport. Giorgio Pantano has a very solid performance, scoring points and giving us a decent chance for the second race. We wish to thank all our crew for this great race. It's gonna be party time tonight, but not for long, as there is work to do for tomorrow. We expect some serious points in order to end this weekend in good shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 08:18PM by tozequio.
ART Williams

Oh how disappointing. Again a race without points and it's rather likely that the same will happen in the sprint race, too. Wirdheim had a good pace, but he couldn't get up to the important 8th. Ide struggled all over. A weekend to forget, I'm afraid.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Not happy at all with Rosberg's race, I really did think he could regain at least enough positions to get back to 8th, but he dropped down the order. But Carroll did very well in this race, and I hope he can keep up this pace for the rest of the season!
Sauber GP2

Good result from Doornbos, but dissapointed by Heikki
For all those not following the F1 thread, there has been a little misunderstanding of the sister team contracts, and to make sure everyone understands it I´m posting my explanaition here as well:

The F1 team can, throughout the whole season, switch between the GP2 drivers and F1 drivers as he wants, as long as those drivers are allowed to drive in the respective league. This practically means that a F1 team with a sister team has 5 - 6 drivers they can let drive in their car. Therefor the F1 teams are meant to pay their GP2 sister teams. Additionally the F1 teams can put their test drivers into GP2 seats or the GP2 team could ask the F1 team for a test driver as long as the driver meets the requirements.
On the other hand, GP2 teams pay for loan drivers. That means those drivers are their drivers and if the F1 team loaning out the driver wants to use them in F1, they have to pay a part of the sum back to the GP2 team depending on how many races the driver is not available for the GP2 team.
That additionally means it would be wise to not buy loan drivers from your F1 sister team, as it means you are paying for a driver you can get for free. I therefor also recommend the GP2 teams to get a bit of money out of their next years sister team contracts.
Arrows Statement

Arrows are delighted to see Gary Paffett winning. This will help his chances of driving full time for us next season. We hope that these results keep on coming.
Actually in the case of Sauber F1 team vs Sauber GP2 we should look at their contract and what clauses there are. I mean that they may have agreed that Sauber GP2 drivers cannot be hired by the F1 team during the GP2 season. And as long as game rules about sister contracts are not imperative but operative it means that the contract clauses derogates the "FIA rule". I mean that the rule about sister contracts is just subsidiary to the clauses that may be more detailed and presenting the actual will of the two sides.

I'm studying law, not english phylology, so sorry if I've written in in a obscure way :D
In general if there's a clause in the contract that Sauber F1 team can hire a driver from Sauber GP2 team only after the end of the GP2 season it means that SAUBER F1 CANNOT HIRE during the season. Or at least not until the two sides agree for that with an additional agreement (and maybe payment). fullstop :)
Nürburgring Sprint Race Coverage
Hello and welcome to the Nürburgring Sprint Race. After Gary Paffett won yesterdays Feature race he will start from 8th position. Teammate Giorgio Pantano will start from 2nd right behind Franck Montagny. But let´s not talk, let´s see the race!

All five lights are on.

And we´re off!

Ryan Sharp with a very good start!

He already managed to get on P4, while Marc Gene overtook Pantano for 2nd!

And Gene is trying to overtake Montagny, while Doornbos is challenging Carroll!

Montagny stays in front, Doornbos still trying as well as many other drivers behind them.

Carroll, who managed to stay in front of Doornbos is now trying to overtake Pantano as well!

And he could get through!

But now Pantano is having the better line.

Carroll could make it.

And he makes it! Adam Carroll now 4th, while Pantano immediately has to fight of the next competitor.

Doornbos could get through but he has the worse line.

And Doornbos stays behind. Yesterdays Race winner Gary Paffett lost a position as well.

Pantano challenging Carroll back for revenge.

But nothing has come out of it, as Marc Gene drives the fastest lap.

And he does so again.

Now Wirdheim is challenging Prémat.

But Prémat stays 10th.

With 2 laps done, let´s have a look at the standings.

Kovalainen, who started 18th fell back to 19th. If the rumors are true he could replace Heidfeld for Sauber F1 soon so better proof yourself if you want to get the jump right.

And Kobayashi is challenging him.

But Kovalainen can stay in front.

Prémat is close to Gary Paffett. Will he try it?

He does.

And he could be getting through, but this is a very difficult corner to overtake

And indeed Gary Paffett stays in 9th position.

But what´s that? Prémat lost a wheel, he can´t continue like that!

Sad. Even though he would barely have fought for points he showed a good performance.

The good thing for DSR Lotus is, that Gene is still in 2nd position.

Monfardini now driving a defensive line as Piquet and Rosberg got close.

Ouh, but that could have been a mistake, as all three have to break hard!

Luckily noone got hurt but now there is a long train building up behind him.

While Richard Lyons drives a new fastest lap.

Franck Montagny is still leading the race. This could be his second victory, after winning in Fuji in the 2005 GP2 Asia Cup.

Marc Gene driving solid behind him in 2nd position.

And Kovalainen got up to 15th, he even overtook López. Seems like I missed something.

18 laps to go and Marc Gene is slowly getting closer to Montagny. Could he steel the victory from him?

Bruni now challenging Hernandez for 19th. And behind them is Bernoldi. Seems like he made a mistake again. It´s already confirmed that he will not race from the next grand prix on. Well Pavlovic can hardly be worse...

But back to Bruni and Hernandez, they are still battling it out!

But Bruni lost time due to driving the worse line and now Bernoldi could get past him!

But Bruni stays at least 20th.

Or does he?!

Yeah, he does.

Franck Montagny is now setting another fastest lap. Important points for him and Campos Racing.

With 15 laps to go, let´s see the standings again.

Well so much for that: Marc Gene is probably not getting close enough to challenge Montagny for 1st.

And Paffett challenges Lyons at this hard to overtake corner!

And as you could already tell he did not get through.

Kovalainen in the meantime lost some time to Wurz.

And it is 95% sure that Vilander won´t challenge Doornbos for 6th in this race. But you never know...

Rosberg breaking a bit early as Piquet is not letting him through.

And that´s pretty much it. Here are the last standings I took before suddenly everyone went pitting 2 laps later. I can tell from the remaining screenshots that nothing in the first 6 positions, and as far as I can see below that,changed.

I hope you excuse the bad coverages of this Grand Prix. I am not satisfied at all and I want to make it better next time again!

BCN Delighted

What a fantastic weekend of racing for the team! Both drivers have performed superbly and it's great to see Sharp showing the potential we saw in him before the season started. To come away from the weekend as top team scorers, it just shows the team are heading in the right direction! Keep up the good work guys!!!

Plus there wasn't anything wrong with the coverage, it was spot on mate
DSR Lotus statement

No doubt we are very happy with the results. Marc Gene proved we didn't make a mistake hiring him just before the start of the season. We got second podium finish after Premat fantastic result in Monaco. What's even better - we are improving with every weekend and we are getting more and more points (0-1-6-8), so it seems our developing program is working.
Deyan Rangelov words after the race: "With 1/3 of this championship over we are more or less just where we thought we would be. It seems that Super Nova team is from another planet and they have already claimed the title. Behind them there are 4 teams that seem to be better than us. And our aim is to finish on 6th position at the end and 6-8 place is where we should be."

On the other hand it was Alexander Premat who had disastrous weekend. "I'm not sad that Gene out-qualified me. He's an experienced driver and I'm happy I could motivate him to show his best. Finishing out of points in race 1 was something I expected and I was really happy with 10th position. And then on sprint race I felt I had the car to finish at least in top 8 and even battle for 6th position, I had a good car even to score the fastest lap. And then I attacked Paffett for 9th. It was a stupid move I know, very optimistic, but this tracks has no place to overtake so you have to try something unexpected. Then I hit the kerb and I received vibrations. Soon after that I was on three wheels and that was the end of my race. 0 points for me and I'd put that mark for my performance. I congratulate Gene and the whole team for their efforts, which put us in the middle of the pack".

No doubt Gene was the happiest of all in DSR Lotus: "Woo-hoo! That's it! The whole weekend I've been feeling very comfortable and I was able to give 100% from myself. And it definitely worked out as it's my best weeeknd up to now. And the best for the team, no doubt. I made a perfect start and I was very, very close to Montagny, but I couldn't pass him. I made some really fast laps hoping to force him make a mistake, but it didn't work out. It was clear I cannot overtake him, so I decided to be more careful, especially after my race engineer warned my not to make silly moves because Alexander is out of the race, having incident. I had to satisfy with the second place, which isn't bad at all. We had a strong package whole weekend and I think that 8 points is even the least we could gain. Next time I hope both our cars finish in the points. I'm sorry for Alexander, but I was in the same situation before - you just have bad luck sometimes and all you can do is to stay concentrated and hope it's over as soon as possible. Last time it was my teammate who was 3rd, now I'm second, who knows next time maybe one of us will be 1st!"

PS Don't worry Reve-san, it was a good coverage and it's not your fault that this game is 10 years old, so that you cannot implement all the GP2 rules. I wish to thank you for all your support of these series. Also are there any contracts signed after the race?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2011 11:09AM by pycku.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy