GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Sauber GP2

Average result from both our drivers

I would say before the pitstops
ART Williams

More than decent practice from Wirdheim, but I'm a bit disappointed by Ide. His bad performance cost us a boost. Yet I hope that they guys will be able to fight for a good qualifying position and points in the races.

And I agree that we should take the results before the pitstops.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Pretty meh session by both drivers. Hope to see some improvement for qualifying.

I say take the results before the pitstops too.
Red Bull Racing Junior

Great job again by Wurz, and poor by Bernoldi. If he is poor the rest of the weekend, he will be out the team and replaced by Pavlovic.

Edit: Oh, and i say call the race before the pitstops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2011 05:43PM by Lucasinio.
Coloni Motorsports

Not a very good practice for us, but we hope for an improvement in quali and the race.

I'm going to vote that the race ended before the pitstops.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Allrights, noone wished to have the results after pit-stops, so i´ll take those. Byyy the way, I forgot about setup reward:

1. Coloni Motorsport +0.051
2. DSR Lotus +0.057
3. Sauber GP2 +0.088

4. BCN Competition +0.105
5. Campos Racing +0.109
6. iSport International +0.239

Qualifying results will be up within the next 2 hours.
Nürburgring Qualifying Results
This afternoons qualifying saw Richard Lyons of BCN Competition grab the pole, 0.059 seconds ahead of Gary Paffett. Lyons teammate Ryan Sharp finished 4th and puts the team in a very good position for the race. Driver championship leader Nico Rosberg only managed 7th this time, while his teammate for the first time since the beginning of the season beat him by qualifying 3rd. Heikki Kovalainen and Kamui Kobayashi, two quite good drivers, were really disappionted, as they only managed 20th (Kob) and 22nd (Kov). Both drivers had some problems with traffic, especially Kovalainen, who nearly had a crash.

Sauber GP2

Good quali from Doornbos, but what a dissapointing result from Kovalainen
@Reve-san: Could you please give a little overview some time in the next days about which teams tested what and sent data for? Cause I must admit, that I'm a bit surprised by this sudden dominance of the Mercedes teams again...and without wanting to blame you, I would like to see if there's a reason for this in the testing scheme.

DSR Lotus statement
Wow! We are definitely surprised by these results. With all Ferrari-engined teams getting the setup reward, it seems that Renault and especially Mercedes engined cars are a lot faster than ours. No doubt it will be hard to get point from this race, but not impossible. Gene seems that he finally feels comfortable in his cockpit, which resaulted in somehow surprising 8th position, beating Premat by merely 2 tenths. Nurburgring is not a track, where we expect a lot of overtakings, so if Gene keeps his position, he'll start race 2 from pole position, which will be our goal for this weekend. Of course not only starting from pole, but also finishing on the podium. As we said it will be hard, but it is possible to leave Germany with a lot of points in our bag...
JohnMaverick schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Reve-san: Could you please give a little overview
> some time in the next days about which teams
> tested what and sent data for? Cause I must admit,
> that I'm a bit surprised by this sudden dominance
> of the Mercedes teams again...and without wanting
> to blame you, I would like to see if there's a
> reason for this in the testing scheme.

I can´t give you the exact testing plans, but I can tell you that there is a maximum difference between the best engine and the worst of 2 bhp (at the start of the season it was 4), which is practically nothing. Additionaly Mercedes is currently only having 3 participating teams and they therefor get a little boost (calculated sum /3 *3,5 ... the same is for ferrari). In the end I was a bit surprised by these results as well, especially as all ferrari engined teams got the setup reward. Still, I cannot change the results just because it looks unfair, I too have to stick with the results GP4 simulates. In the end I think there will be grand prixs in the future, where renault or ferrari will dominate the scene as well (at least I hope so).
Coloni Motorsports

A mixed qualifying session for us, with Ferdinando out qualifying Bruni by over a tenth. That tenth of a second has put Bruni in a bad position down in 16th, and he has a big job ahead of him if he's going to score points. Monfardini is in a much better position to grab some points, but he needs a good start here, as he has so far struggled at the start of a race.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
I can only repeat, that I didn't blame you for anything. I was just surprised by the result, especially as there was a tendency to this in the practice already, and the qualifying even topped it. That's why I only wanted to know how much effect the last testings had and if they could explain that. As they obviously can't, I simply take it as a coincidence and will include that in my future plans. But seriously, nobody asked to change the results because they look strange.

JohnMaverick schrieb:
> I can only repeat, that I didn't blame you for
> anything. I was just surprised by the result,
> especially as there was a tendency to this in the
> practice already, and the qualifying even topped
> it. That's why I only wanted to know how much
> effect the last testings had and if they could
> explain that. As they obviously can't, I simply
> take it as a coincidence and will include that in
> my future plans. But seriously, nobody asked to
> change the results because they look strange.

To be fair, not all teams using renault engines submitted data this time. If all teams would have submitted data it could be looking different. Also take in mind, that mercedes has obviously been the strongest engine in the beginning and even if barely someone submits data for them, it is impossible to get worse... You might want to talk with the other renault users to make a plan...
Another little info: the BHP is changing real slowly. Since the beginning of the season, the best improvement in performance is 4 BHP after 5 test sessions (10 test days to submit data), while the worst is 2. I can´t give more info...
Reve-san Wrote:
> JohnMaverick schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @Reve-san: Could you please give a little
> overview
> > some time in the next days about which teams
> > tested what and sent data for? Cause I must
> admit,
> > that I'm a bit surprised by this sudden
> dominance
> > of the Mercedes teams again...and without
> wanting
> > to blame you, I would like to see if there's a
> > reason for this in the testing scheme.
>
> I can´t give you the exact testing plans, but I
> can tell you that there is a maximum difference
> between the best engine and the worst of 2 bhp (at
> the start of the season it was 4), which is
> practically nothing. Additionaly Mercedes is
> currently only having 3 participating teams and
> they therefor get a little boost (calculated sum
> /3 *3,5 ... the same is for ferrari)
. In the end I
> was a bit surprised by these results as well,
> especially as all ferrari engined teams got the
> setup reward. Still, I cannot change the results
> just because it looks unfair, I too have to stick
> with the results GP4 simulates. In the end I think
> there will be grand prixs in the future, where
> renault or ferrari will dominate the scene as well
> (at least I hope so).

Ops, Prove me if I'm wrong but does it mean that if all 11 teams are testing one and the same thing during the test session so that the formula to calculate the boost for all 3 engines is different?! Which means that in that situation Ferrari will get a smaller update?
I asked you more or less the same question on a PM, but then I got it totally vice versa - all engines get equal boost if all of the teams using this engine are testing?!
Red Bull Racing Junior

Very poor, and after a promising practice, it is going to be difficult to score anything from here.

Congratulations to Lopez on his continued good form into qualifying and look forward to another excellent performance in the race tomorrow, but our emotions are mixed.

Really disappointed with the traffic ruining Kamui's lap, but hopefully his legendary overtaking skills + the outright performance of the car should give us the chance for a double points score tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2011 10:17PM by ginnerchris.
pycku schrieb:
> Ops, Prove me if I'm wrong but does it mean that
> if all 11 teams are testing one and the same thing
> during the test session so that the formula to
> calculate the boost for all 3 engines is
> different?! Which means that in that situation
> Ferrari will get a smaller update?
> I asked you more or less the same question on a
> PM, but then I got it totally vice versa - all
> engines get equal boost if all of the teams using
> this engine are testing?!

The same goes for ferrari was meant as that ferrari gets a boost as well. And as there have been only 3 teams using this engine from the beginning on, its calculation has always been sum *4 /3 (don´t need to say that the 3 represents the number of teams using the engine, eh?). So don´t worry, everything goes a fair way (at least it looks fair to me...). By the way, if there will be no manager for HiTech Racing until the next mid-season test then mercedes powered teams will get the *4 bonus as well.
Well I think John Warrington is first on the list, but he is a F1 manager, too. I suggest that he becomes in charge of HiTech until the moment a new manager arrives. But he should be not allowed to do anything other than visiting test sessions and deciding which driver to enter the sessions (so no hiring of drivers for 2006 and engine dealing). This is because when the new manager arrives he would be able to choose himself his lineup for 2006 season.
pycku schrieb:
> Well I think John Warrington is first on the list,
> but he is a F1 manager, too. I suggest that he
> becomes in charge of HiTech until the moment a new
> manager arrives. But he should be not allowed to
> do anything other than visiting test sessions and
> deciding which driver to enter the sessions (so no
> hiring of drivers for 2006 and engine dealing).
> This is because when the new manager arrives he
> would be able to choose himself his lineup for
> 2006 season.

On the other side, if negotiations start and JohnWarrington is not allowed to offer contracts, HiTech Racing would be left with no or pretty bad drivers for 2006. I think he should be allowed to negotiate with drivers, but if a GP2 manager offers the same driver a contract that team should have better chances to sign him. I agree that he should not be allowed to sign engine contracts (yet). Still, he first of all has to say yes ^^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy