GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Looks like I'll need to check my inbox more often. Can I still compete in the 2nd session?
RegularJohn schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like I'll need to check my inbox more often.
> Can I still compete in the 2nd session?

Yes, I ran the 2nd session with your send drivers.
I know this is the GP2 Managers Thread but I am offering any drivers interested the chance to test for Christel VXR in the GPGSL for season 7. You simply to have submit a helmet design and be active on the GPGSL thread. Anybody interested please PM me. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the GPGSL.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Catalunya Test Day 2 Results
It´s the second day of the Catalunya Mid-season test and BCN Competition driver Richard Lyons once more drove the fastest lap and his personal best lap of both days. DSR Lotus had a brilliant second day with Prémat finishing 2nd and Gene finishing 5th. Still, as we are talking about test sessions you cannot take those times too serious.
The track was in wonderful condition and therefor the collected data of performance and reliability were both very usefull for the engine manufacturers.

ART-Williams statement after second test day

Well, the times are, of course, not really satisfactory. But we focused on the test results rather than good laps and that's why I am not too worried yet. At least we should have provided a bunch of good test data for our engine supplier Renault and this is the main thing at these test days.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

Very pleased with testing, and Pavlovic has performed much better than expected. At the Nurburgring, Wurz and Bernoldi will drive all sessions, and if Bernoldi does not perform, Pavlovic will be in the seat for the rest of the season.

Also, various rumours have been heard in the paddock, about us having negotiations with a new engine supplier for next season. We will comment on this in due course.

Of course being 2nd and 5th was very pleasant. Unfortunately our speed was not transformed into some points when it was the race in Spain. Good thing is we could get a lot of data which will be transformed into a major update of our Ferrari engine. Currently our boss is having some discussions with FIA board and probably some news will follow from this. As for now, our partner and co-owner of Lotus Group is happy with the direction this team is going, so we all hope there is bright future for DSR Lotus.
Racing Engineering
At Catalunya where we have not been that fast in the past, we're happy that Kamui was able to get into the top 2 in day 1 and 4th on day 2, although we realise that Super Nova and HiTech would have also been competitive here.

Lopez's pace was a little disappointing, but we hope the experience of 2 full days in the car has been beneficial for his development.

We also hope that Mercedes have made good use of the data they have received from us, and look forward to opening negotiations for future engine supply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 08:01PM by ginnerchris.
Engine deals signed
Today 4 teams have already signed a engine contract, one of them signing a contract with one of the new teams. Super Nova Racing and Racing Engineering both re-signed their contract with Mercedes paying £7.5m. ART Williams made the same move, by re-signing their engine deal with renault, worth £7.5m as well. Red Bull Racing Junior still went another way: After three races they are 8th and therewith the last team using renault engines. They therefor signed a contract with BMW, one of the new engine manufacturers. As BMW will only support one team in their opening season, Red Bull Racing Jr. can kind of control the way they want the engine to be developed.

Engines
BMW - £7.5m (no teams left)
Ferrari - £6.5m (max 2 teams)
Mercedes - £7.5m (2 teams left)
Nissan - £6.5m (max 3 teams)
Renault - £7.5m (3 teams left)
Volkswagen - £5.5m (max 1 team)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 08:29PM by Reve-san.
Racing Engineering Press Release

We're thrilled to have re-signed with Mercedes for next season, and the negotiations were over in little under 10 minutes, showing the confidence that they have shown in this team.

After a disappointing start to the season, we decided to choose a new engine supplier for the 2006 season, and delighted BMW will power us next season.

Pavlovic will hopefully re-sign with us next season, and we have 1 other driver in mind for next season.

By the way, I edited the price money a bit, as the last team only got 6m, and the cheapest engine costs 5.5m.

Old price money
1. £20m
2. £18m
3. £16m
4. £14m
5. £12m
6. £11m
7. £10m
8. £9m
9. £8m
10. £7m
11. £6m

new price money
1. £22m
2. £20m
3. £18m
4. £16m
5. £14m
6. £13m
7. £12m
8. £11m
9. £10m
10. £9m
11. £8m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 09:19PM by Reve-san.
iSport International Statement

iSport is pleased to present tozequio as the new team manager. We wish him the best of luck for the season, and hope that, under his guidance, iSport International is able to achieve its goals.
In the last few days, testing has been underaway in Barcelona. On the first testing day we decided to line-up Gary Paffett and Giorgio Pantano, so we can get some more racing kms to our 2005 line-up. On the second day we decided to swap Gary Paffett for Olivier Pla, in order to give him the experience he needs for the future. Results were not considered important by the team, as we only want to make the most out of the experience gained in the track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 09:55PM by tozequio.
ART Williams extends the co-operation with Renault

Similar to Racing Engineering with Mercedes, our negotiations with Renault were done in only minutes. We're their best team yet and we're happy with their work so far. There was no reason not to extend the cooperation for another season this early.

However, I sincerely hope that teams like Red Bull who have already signed a deal with another manufacturer for next season will nevertheless keep their responsibility this season and at least participate and send data on one of the two test days in the upcoming test sessions. Everything else would be a big disappointment and a non-smart move as well, if one considers how worthy, also financially, this first season is!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 10:28PM by JohnMaverick.

Regarding John Mavericks (ART Williams Team Principal) we would like to clarify that we will be doing all we can in the tests to make the car as quick as possible, including sending data to Renault. We believe this will benefit us all in our first season, before switching to BMW.

ART Williams team principal John Maverick today reacted on the RBR Junior press release by saying:

"I want to apologize if my last statement was considered a bit too harsh or urging. Please let me state that I am very satisfied so far, how good the Renault teams are working together in the engine development, of course also including RBR Junior. I also never had a doubt that this would stop, but just wanted to stress the importance of a harmonious working relationship during the test-days. While the Asia cup had shown rather a dominance of the Mercedes teams, the pre-season tests changed the situation and brought Renault nearly on one level to Mercedes, concerning performance. This was only possible because of this harmonious relationship. And I must say, I'm very proud of this."

Reve-san, are there any planned engine upgrades before the next race?
@pycku: The engines will be updated after every mid-season test :)

Nürburgring Free Practice Results
Sorry, no big comments today, feeling a bit sick. Good thing is, I already ran all sessions, so qualy will be up today evening and races 1 and 2 tomorrow. Still, I got a little pitting problem again -.- : In race 2, about 5 laps left, everyone went into the pits. As everyone went in, the results did not change a lot, still they changed. Please tell me, if you want to stick with the results before the pit stops or after them, or if you want me to rerun the race, trying to fix the problem before.

Racing Engineering

An interesting session with us finishing first and last as we tested different directions on setup.
Nice to see the mercedes powered teams mostly up the top of the time sheets and we look forward to an interesting qualifying and race.

Re race 2. it'd be better if it was rerun with the fuel consumption fixed, but happy to cut it off before the pitstops to maintain the sprint race rules.
It seems that it will be a hard race for all Ferrari-engined teams. Good think is that we'll have some setup reward so we can make a good qualification :)

I'd say that we should get the result before the last 5 laps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2011 04:45PM by pycku.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy