GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Monaco Race Results

Hello there. The weather in the Principality is nice and sunny and all GP2 cars are ready for a good race. As there are practically no places for overtaking here, the start is very important. There is tremendous suspense and everybody hopes for a good start and no accidents at turn 1.

5 lights are on. The race is just about to start!

It's a good start for Rosberg. It seems that Ide and Kovalainen will battle hard for 2nd place.

As you can see Rosberg is well ahead at the hairpin. I think Ide kept his second place

There are Gene, Montagny and Piquet fighting for 16th place

Which is good for Wirdheim who is running away from this group

As you probably think the fastest lap is for Rosberg

And 1 lap is closed, so let's have a look at the standings:

And again a fastest lap for Rosberg, who is now well ahead of Ide

And the ART Williams driver is on heavy pressure from Kovalainen

And Rosberg is taking advantage of this

And Premat is joining this group

And both Kovalainen and Premat seem to lose time behind Ide

Meanwhile further back the gaps are very close

Oh my God! There's smoke!? Is this from the brakes of Kovalainen or the engine of Ide?

It is from the engine of Ide! And he is now creeping to the pits

But he is way too slow now

Kovalainen and Premat are losing their patience and are attacking the Art Williams driver

And now Paffet is blocked behind him

Rosberg doesn't even know about Ide's problems, as he is enjoying a quiet race in the front

Watch out! Ide's engine has blown just in the tunnel! It's very dangerous situation!

Luckily Ide exits the tunnel and retires at the end of the straight without anyone crashing into his car

Fortunately no more accidents happen, so let's see the standings:

Rosberg is having a lone race

While further back it seems to be more interesting, although there are no opportunities for overtaking

Some look at the battles from the back

26 laps to go and let's look at the standings just before the pitstops:

Campos racers seem to be finding no place to overtake as here Villander is having a close look at Sharp's rear wing

And Pantano is the first one to enter the pits

So does Bernoldi

And Premat is the first one from the leaders to make a pitstop. 11.3 isn't very good

Lopez is the next to pit

And Premat rejoins 10th behind Monfardini

Bruni and Carroll are now ahead of Monfardini and in the points zone

Paffet is now 3rd

But he is about 12 seconds behind Kovalainen

While Kobayashi is about a second and a half behind Paffet

Kovalainen and Monfardini in the pits

Which puts Wirdheim on 11th place

10.2 seconds for Kovalainen so he must be ahead of Premat

Meanwhile Wurz has entered the pits

So does Bruni

That's a Super Nova just ahead of Kovalainen! Is it possible that Nico Rosberg is having a problems?

No, it's Adam Carroll who hasn't made his pitstop yet.

A lap later and Rosberg is in pits. 9.2 - a really fast pitstop

So fast that he rejoins the race just ahead of Paffet, who is now second

Kobayashi is third, but both Paffet and Kobayashi haven't pitted yet.

As you can see there isn't much distance between leading cars

And Kobayashi pits. Will his mechanics put him ahead of Paffet after his pit?

10.1 - a good stop for the Japanese

Monfardini makes a surprising fastest lap

but just a lap later and Rosberg makes even faster lap

Sharp has made a slight mistake and Bruni is right behind him at turn 1

But the Italian can't find enough space to overtake the BCN driver

Rosberg seems to be some 4 seconds ahead of Paffet

Richard Lyons is having a quiet race up to now. He seems to be of those drivers who are making a late pitstop

Carroll seems to be 3rd, stable 8 seconds behind Paffet.

And Rosberg is faster than both of them

At the end of this lap Paffet enters the pits

8.4 seconds - I think this is the fastest stop up to now

And Doornbos is the next to pit

Wirdheim also pits

So does Marc Gene

And Paffet is 4th. I'm curious who is ahead of him after all pitstops have been made?

It seems Premat is 3rd

And Coloni driver Gianmaria Bruni is now taking 8th place which will give him a point

I think it's high time we see standings as there are no more stops to be made in this race:

11 laps to the end and Kobayashi is trying to get the extra point for a fastest lap

But as always Rosberg has a different thoughts

7 laps to go and Rosberg is more than 14 seconds ahead of Kovalainen. But will his engine make it to the end?

And both Coloni drivers are in the points zone.

But Pantano is not far behind. Will he be able to spoil their point finish?

4 laps to go and let's see the standings again:

Piquet puts his teammate on pressure

And Rosberg is at the hairpin for the last time in this race

Now he is just where Ide's engine died. Will Nico's engine betray him on his way to victory?

Nico Rosberg has just won the Monaco GP2. And thus he made a hat-trick - pole position, fastest lap and a victory! Well done!!!

Heikki Kovalainen is second man on the podium

While Premat takes a surprising 3rd place finish

Paffet made a good race but is the first man out of the podium.

Kobayashi was close to make the fastest lap, but he'll have to satisfy with the points for 5th place.

Lyons is the 6th to cross the line

Bruni takes the 7th place

Monfardini will be happy. Yesterday he was out of top 10 in quali and now he gets the last point of this race.

And everyone is going to congratulate the winner of Monaco GP on his way home.

That's all folks. I hope you enjoyed the race, although it seems that it was not very interesting (which was expected after all).

As for standings from the race - I think Reve-san will make them, as he didn't tell me to do so.

As for top 8:
1. N. Rosberg
2. H. Kovalainen
3. A. Premat
4. G. Paffet
5. K. Kobayashi
6. R. Lyons
7. G. Bruni
8. F. Monfardini

Pole position: N. Rosberg
Fastest lap: N. Rosberg

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 08:24AM by pycku.
Absolutely stunning performance from Rosberg, dominating that race from start to finish. Disappointing results from Carroll, not scoring any points just isn't good enough.
I've made some calculations. I don't pretend that they are right so they are unofficial. Actually Reve-san is the only one who is authorized to announce official results:

Unofficial team standings:

1. Supernova 39pts
2. ART Williams 28pts
3. Sauber 20pts
4. Isport 17pts
5. Racing Engineering 13pts
6. Coloni 11pts
7. Campos 10pts
8. Red Bull Jr 9pts
9. BCN 8pts
10. HiTech Racing 7pts
11. DSR Lotus 7pts

Unofficial driver standings*:

1. Rosberg 25pts
2. Kovalainen 20pts
3. Paffett 17pts
4. Ide 16pts
5. Carroll 14pts
6. Kobayashi 13pts
7. Wirdheim 12pts

*Here are drivers who have more than 10 points

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 08:31AM by pycku.
Coloni Motorsports

A good result for the team, and it puts us in a very good position for the sprint race. Bruni drove well, and Monfardini showed that he can keep up with his team mate. We look forward to the sprint race, where we hope for another double points finish.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
I'm interested in joining, though I'm completely new to this, so I have no clue where to start and what to do ;)
Addrodoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Coloni Motorsports
>
> A good result for the team, and it puts us in a
> very good position for the sprint race. Bruni
> drove well, and Monfardini showed that he can keep
> up with his team mate. We look forward to the
> sprint race, where we hope for another double
> points finish.

Sorry mate, but there was only one race in Monaco in 2005. I think Reve-san mentioned that we will have only one race, too.

tozequio
I'm interested in joining, though I'm completely new to this, so I have no clue where to start and what to do ;)

Hello tozequio! Currently the boss of the series (Reve-san) is a little busy, but he'll add you as soon as possible, i'm sure. There are 2 teams that left last days without playing managers (Isport and Hitech) so look at this thread (and especially page 1, where are the rules and standings) and choose a team from these 2. Then write a PM to Reve-san to inform him of your choice. Next weekend there is no race but a test session, so you should also tell Reve-san if you (and your team of course) will participate and will you send data to your engine manufacturer (which will cost you money).

However if you have any more questions - I suggest that you PM to Reve-san as he will politely answer you. In case he is busy and you have some questions about the game - write here or PM me, I'll try to give you satisfactory answer. What i recommend you is to read carefully this thread as the answers of most of your hypothetical questions are already there :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 07:51AM by pycku.
Racing Engineering Statement
Well that went as well as could have been expected. Both drivers made progress from their grid slots and pit times were a bit better than they have been, although we could do with doing some practice stops when we go mid-season testing.

We had some interesting discussions with some F1 personnel over the race weekend with a view to linking up for next season, although most of them seemed more interested in whether they could get Nico Rosberg driving for them before the end of the season...
BCN

Nice to get some more points on the board. Bitterly disapointed in Sharp's performance however and he has one race before we give Viso a go in the car.

With this in mind we will be attending at the next test session with Lyons and Viso in the car. Cheers
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

No idea what happened in the race, Wurz was well in the points, and then somehow ended up 12th after his pitstop, and Bernoldi made some positions to 13th, so a weekend to forget really.

ART Williams teamboss John Maverick was very disappointed after the Monaco race. "With Yuji in 2nd position, we had a perfect basis for another podium finish, which would have helped us a lot to secure P2 in the championship. However, this time the, so far really reliable, Renault motor let us down and cost us these points. Hopefully this will be only a one time thing."

"Nevertheless we're gonna spend one day of our testing in Catalunya for the motor reliability and will send data. We also strongly encourage the other Renault teams to not only test for speed, but not to forget reliability, too."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Wow... I´ve never been more glad to have a week come to an end. I hope I´ll have more free time next week, as it looks hard by now as well...

Still, here are the official results and standings after Monaco Grand Prix. Thank you very much pycku for doing the coverage!

By the way, I hope all of you do know that There are two days of mid-season testing. This means you can send data for two days, but also means you will have to pay for two days. To make it easier:
Participating costs 250k (flight costs etc. - Only has to be paid once)
Sending data on day 1 costs 250k
Sending data on day 2 costs 250k

In the end, you will pay between 250k and 750k if you participate. If you wanna change your line-up, sending plan, just re-PM me. I´ll run the session and post the results tomorrow, so you still got some time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 12:28PM by Reve-san.
Oh, btw what's the point of just participating in testing? I mean will that give the participant any bonus if he doesn't send data?
pycku schrieb:
> Oh, btw what's the point of just participating in
> testing? I mean will that give the participant any
> bonus if he doesn't send data?

Well, what was the original idea of the Youth Driver Days? Letting (young) drivers get a bit experience :)

Hmm... I´ve been bored, so I made some statistics :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 08:04PM by Reve-san.
iSport International gets new manager
After mogotron became the new manager of Sauber in Formula 1, his old team iSport International was left with no manager. Luckily a new manager has been found really fast: tozequio is going to manage the team from now onwards, and he has to follow in the steps of a good manager, whoms team is the only one who scored points in every single race up to now and is placed 4th in the overall standings. I wish tozequio as well as mogotron all the best in their future career!

Engines
Allright, 3 out of 12 races are done, and we are seeing an interesint season up to now. And with Mid-Season Testing starting, you will from now on be able to sign the next years engine contracts! Take in mind, that you can sign a contract anywhen you want. Still signing too early could make you loose too much money, money you could need for further mid-season tests and driver negotiations. On the other side, waiting too long could end in the best engines beeing taken already. Negotiation results will be posted after every "game weekend", including todays test sessions. Listed below are all available engine manufacturers with their minimum contract offer and the maximal supported teams, including 3 new manufacturers!

Engine - minimum cost (Max supported teams)
BMW - £7.5m (max 1 team)
Ferrari - £6.5m (max 2 teams)
Mercedes - £7.5m (max 4 teams)
Nissan - £6.5m (max 3 teams)
Renault - £7.5m (max 4 teams)
Volkswagen - £5.5m (max 1 team)

Additional Info: The GP2-Series Engine Rules define, that next years engine regulations are very similiar to this years regulations. This results in this years manufacturers beeing able to use the collected experience of this year to be used in the next year.
Additional Info 2: Renault is glad to see Nissan join the series in next year, and is willing to help them build an engine by giving them some data they collect throughout the season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 10:58AM by Reve-san.
Are these conclusive minimal prices? I mean that if (for example) Ferrari engine gets further development, so that it becomes the best engine in 2005 - will its price still remain at 6.5 millions?

I asked you in a PM, but let me ask you here - will you give us some additional info about engines. If not in stat numbers, then at least in comparison (for example BMW engine is 2nd powerful, while Renault engine is the most reliable, etc...)? Or at least some hints?

Also I think I asked you, but to make it clear for everyone - GP2 teams contracted to Ferrari and Renault F1 teams won't get any privilege in negotiating engines, nor F1 teams will get any money if their engine is used in GP2 series, right?
pycku schrieb:
> Are these conclusive minimal prices? I mean that
> if (for example) Ferrari engine gets further
> development, so that it becomes the best engine in
> 2005 - will its price still remain at 6.5
> millions?

Yes, it will, but please note that this years engine power will not be the exact same as next year, as "some regulations will be changed".

> I asked you in a PM, but let me ask you here -
> will you give us some additional info about
> engines. If not in stat numbers, then at least in
> comparison (for example BMW engine is 2nd
> powerful, while Renault engine is the most
> reliable, etc...)? Or at least some hints?

Well the engine manufacturers of this year are using their engines as "base" for the next year, so you can a bit imagine how they´ll be in the next season. As for Nissan, I stated that Renault is gonna help them. As for BMW and Volkswagen: I can´t give you hints for these two, but if you look at their F1 and other Formula Series engagement you might find out their performance for yourself.

> Also I think I asked you, but to make it clear for
> everyone - GP2 teams contracted to Ferrari and
> Renault F1 teams won't get any privilege in
> negotiating engines, nor F1 teams will get any
> money if their engine is used in GP2 series,
> right?

They will get very little privilege, as they are not forced to buy the engine of that team. And yes, F1 teams will not get any money of the engines, as that would be unfair in comparision to the "normal" teams.
Can I ask a question - will there be any any weight given to teams who are already with a particular engine manufacturer during the negotiation process?
ginnerchris schrieb:
> Can I ask a question - will there be any any
> weight given to teams who are already with a
> particular engine manufacturer during the
> negotiation process?

Yes, the more successfull you are, the more likely the engine manufacturer wants to sign with you again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 02:04PM by Reve-san.
Catalunya Test Day 1 Results
Welcome to the first mid-season test in the 2005 GP2-Series season. With Super Nova Racing and HiTech Racing not competing, Richard Lyons drove the best time at this long day. His teammate Ernesto Viso drove +0.352 seconds slower and finished 16th. Kamui Kobayashi and Heikki Kovalainen drove the 2nd and 3rd fastest lap respectively and Alexandré Prémat surprised again by driving the 4th fastest lap. 2nd placed team ART Williams drivers finished 11th and 12th.

DSR Lotus Statement

DSR Lotus owner - Deyan Rangelov doesn't find Premat's 4th place surprising, given that Alexander drove the fastest lap in Catalunya race. As for Gene - we're not very happy with him, but we think Lapierre isn't ready for GP2 series, yet. If his sponsors are benevolent, he may participate in French race, but this is a matter of negotiations. As for now we're very disappointed by his level of performance. Our partners from Lotus Group expect us to develop as fast as possible, which is impossible if we don't use our best drivers. That's why we chose Premat and Gene for these testing sessions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy