GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
That's terrible news, I am really sorry for your loss Reve-San.
Thank you guys.

Jerez Test Results
The Test Days at Jerez saw Sauber GP2´s #1 driver Heikki Kovalainen set the fastest lap on both days. Due to the good weather, the teams were able to collect good data from both test days.

Valencia Test Results

Due to mixed weather conditions at Valencia, the collected data was not very valuable for the engine manufacturers. Still every driver collected some experience in mixed conditions, so the days have not been for nothing.

2nd Catalunya Test

After the tests at Jerez and Valencia, the teams returned to Catalunya once more. Nico Rosberg drove the fastest lap on both days, even though it´s always been close. Due to a technical error the teams were not able to collect data for a long time. Only the last 30 minutes prooved valuable, but in the end the manufacturers couldn´t collect a lot.

So, as the pre-season tests have come to an end, I suggest you all look at your PG1 line-up again, as I´d like to make up for the lost time and run the first Grand Prix this weekend!

Please also note, that I changed the drivers rule for 2006, so no drivers over the age of 30 will be allowed to drive in GP2-Series.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 01:55PM by Reve-san.
ART-Williams press release after the last pre-season test.

All in all we have very ambivalent feeling when it comes to the pre-season tests. Jerez seemed to be very good for the collected engine data. Unfortunately the other tests seemed to be rather a waste of money when it comes to that. We will consider carefully, if we will spend even more money for collecting data during the mid-season tests.

The drivers showed very different efforts, too, but what makes me confident is the fact that we more or less steadily improved. However, it was also visible that Yuji Ide was clearly the faster driver over all the tests and we expect from Bjorn to try everything and fight Ide. Nevertheless his effort was rather good, too.

Consequently it's clear for us, that we will start the season with Ide and Wirdheim, who will also drive the tests if nothing different is announced. Mathias Lauda, unfortunately, couldn't convince us for the moment, but he will stay in the team and will get his chance in the tests here and then.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
DSR statement after testing

Finally pre-season testing is over! DSR Racing leaves Spain with mixed feelings. Alexandre Premat showed his potential. We are very happy with his second time at Jerez which was the second fastest lap of all test days. On the other hand, Marc Gene's and Nicolas Lapierre's perfomances was below average.

"We know they were under tremendous pressure, but we are not satisfied with their results. We expect much more from both of them" said Mr. Rangelov at the end of testing sessions. "At the end we had to chose one of them to sit in our second car for the race next week. If we take their best laptimes from both days in Valencia and add one day from Catalunya and one day from Jerez it comes out that Gene is a little faster. So he will take car #12. To be honest, Gene didn't convince me he deserves it, so maybe next test session after Monaco GP we will again give chance to Lapierre to prove a point."

Alexandre Premat said he is satisfied with laptimes. "My aim was to be in top 10 every time I was on track and I achieved it. I'm extremely happy from the result in Jerez both days. It seems Ferrari-engined teams have advantage there so I'm a little disappointed the track isn't in the official calendar."

Marc Gene confessed he is frustrated by his performance. "I'm happy I won the battle against Lapierre, but I definitely cannot be happy from my laptimes. My racing seat isn't' still ready, but that's not the only reason to be that slow. We had some weather problems in Valencia, but conditions are the same for everyone. To be no more than 16th all days isn't something I'm proud of, but I still think that I have some tenths in reserve."

Nicolas Lapierre was the unhappiest of all "I ruined my chances the first day at Jerez, I'm afraid. To be 4 tenths of a second slower than Kovalainen was a nightmare for me. Next day when Gene was only 2 tenths slower than the Finn and more than half a second faster than my laptime it was obvious I'm gonna lose the battle. Then I gave really everything from me but that was not enough. I must congratulate Gene on his success and I wish him and Premat to get some points at the start of the season.

Follow the team at our official website!

I think with that it is clear we're using Premat and Gene as our 1st and 2nd drivers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 07:59PM by pycku.
And Nico Rosberg, yet again, shows his worth and skill, as has Adam Carroll. Briscoe did okay, 16th is appalling, but overall showed some good pace. I am optimistic about this season, and these pre-season tests shows that we are the team to beat, but hopefully, we won't be beaten. However, I do wish the other teams luck for the up coming season.
cause they'll need it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 03:42PM by RegularJohn.
Sorry for your loss Reve-san and thanks again for running this, you are doing a superb job.

Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

Reasonably happy with our pre-season from, with Wurz setting some competitive times throughout the winter. We still believe we will be in the mix come the end of the season, and targeting a podium at the first race of the season.

However, the Mercedes engine does look extremely fast, so we are hoping our Renault engine will improve over the course of the season.

We're impressed by Kovalainen speed at Jerez, also Doornbos did a great job. We hope we're ready for the season.

Kovalainen and Doornbos will drive all race weekends (including practice)

Sorry for your loss Reve-san

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 10:35PM by Pluis.
Reve San really sorry for your loss.
Racing Engineering Statement
Pre-season testing summary

Overall, we're happy with the outcome of the pre-season tests both in terms of pace and reliability.

All 3 drivers have been very close together and making a decision between them is going to be a challenge, but we'd like to run the following lineup in the first race weekend

Practice: López & Tréluyer
Qualifying and race: Kobayashi and Tréluyer
Campos line-up

Practice: Montagny - Vilander
Race: Montagny- Mondini
Everything will be changed
The Pre-Season tests ended yesterday and with it the data collecting. We therefor asked the engine manufacturers how satisfied or not they are and what their plans for the future are.

Ferrari: "We are really satisfied with our customers. They all send data every single test day and we were able to get lots of information out of that data. It is no secret that our engine was the worst up to now, but with the given data, we feel that we can build a way better engine. Hopefully this will put us in a better position."

Renault: "Well our engine was good, but we were not able to compete with mercedes regularly. Thanks to the collected data of our customers, we found some problems of our engine and fixed that. On the computer, our engine now looks way stronger and I am sure that we will overtake mercedes!"

Mercedes: "I don´t know what the problem is - but we did not receive lots of data. One team even went so far to not send in any data. Only good thing is, that we found a little problem, that caused our engine to overhead too fast and we were able to solve that. Now the only thing we can do is hope..."

All manufacturers revealed, that they will send out the new engines within this week, so the teams can use the new engines at the first Grand Prix in Italy. That basically means, that noone knows where he will stand at the start of the season.
Coloni Motorsports

With pre-season testing finished, we now look forward to the start of the season at Imola. Gianmaria Bruni and Ferdinando Monfardini will drive for Coloni through the whole weekend.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Just had a look at the Australian Grand Prix FP results. It's nice to see McLaren back on top after a dismal 2004 season. I can see John Warrington grinning from ear to ear with that result. Well done to him, Briscoe and Rosberg!
Imola Free Practice Results
This mornings free practice saw a lucky Alexander Wurz driving the fastest laptime in front of Nico Rosberg. The sun was shining the whole 30 minutes and so everyone could give his best. Wurz teammate Milos Pavlovic, who is driving the test sessions managed 8th. Alexandré Prémat had a good session as well, as he managed to finish in 3rd position. Ryan Sharp meanwhile seemed not very happy, as he drove the slowest lap of this session, even though these are just practice results.

Setup Reward
1. Super Nova Racing +0.052
2. HiTech Racing +0.053
3. Campos Racing +0.080

4. ART Williams +0.086
5. Sauber GP2 +0.097
6. DSR Racing +0.114

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 03:18PM by Reve-san.
2nd and 5th, good session for us. Looking forward to qualifying.
A good practise session for DSR. The average position of Ferrari-engined teams is 10,166, while the average for Renault is 11,375 and Mercedes - 12,625. Which sounds good for us. What is more - we have some setup reward. We're looking forward to succesful qualification and race after that :)
Racing Engineering Statement
Disastrous session

To be 1/4 and 1/2 a second away from the leading pace is a real shock to us after what seemed like a positive test season.
Perhaps the lack of other teams sending data to Mercedes has cost us here - We'll be doing everything we can in future sessions to improve the performance for all mercedes teams.

Lopez has done his chances of a race seat for the 2nd race no harm with this performance.

Let's hope for a more positive result in qualifying and the race.
Hmm am I the only one that saw that on the screenshot Wurz's time is 1:25.061, while below it on the timetable it is 1:25.062. So the rest are 0.001 slower than it is written :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy