Excalibur's workthread 2011 -Pirelli tyres 2011 v.2 [Released]

Posted by Excalibur 
Sure, it would be great! I like the version 1 and 3 . Just create a thread about your treads, if you want to share them! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Pirelli tyres 2011 with colours added (link p.1)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nice excalibur! but for wich tyre shape are those textures?

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
thanks
NickJW écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nice excalibur! but for wich tyre shape are those
> textures?

Thanks. These are only the wheel_bridgestone, wheel_michelin and wheel_mclaren textures. So, I guess that you can use these textures on any tyre shape because they are named as the generic or Lee's one. Personaly, I use 2d rims advanced 2010 wheel shape by Enzojz.

Thanks for all the work on these tyres, look great in-game, much appreciated
Thanks for the tyres. Are you planning on making ones for OZ racing and Enkei rims?

Very nice! Thanks Excalibur!
Here's a question...

I've loaded all the wall wheels but they didn't show in game.

So I labled the white (hard) "wheel_michelin" and yellow (soft) "wheel_bridgestone" and red (super soft) "wheel_mclaren" and with Team Editor I chose what looked best for each car to give a sense of different strategies...

However when I choose blue (intermediates) or orange (rain) they don't appear. I doubt there's a specific file for the rain wall tyres.

I also noticed that the Pirelli treads available for light or heavy rain are the same. Is there a heavy rain tread out there? I'm using last years bridgestone tread.
The answer is very simple. You can choose only 3 different tyres ( for Michelin, Bridgestone and McLaren) in game. So, unless, you put the indermediates or wet tyres into your wad, you can't see them in game when it rains. A shame but that's because of the GP4 limits ;-)

If you are using a mod, maybe you can tweak an ini file to get different wheels textures per track and also put the intemediate and wet tyres if you decide to force the rain on a specific track. This is the only way I see to use these specific wheels textures... I don't play mods so I don't know how to do it but I suppose it is possible....

I just realized about that limit... Hmmm.

Even if I put the orange walls they won't appear when I choose wets...

Looks like Geoff focused on the treads cause the walls didn't change in 2002.

There must be a way to add more walls... Anyone?
well madman was working on this tweak but sadly since june he has again dissapeared :(
airjimracing écrivait:
> I just realized about that limit... Hmmm.
>
> Even if I put the orange walls they won't appear
> when I choose wets...
>

Put the intermediate (bridgestone, michelin or mclaren) or the wet (bridgestone, michein or mclaren) into your wad and it will appear in game when it rains ... but also in dry conditions. That's the problem.

I noticed that the tyrewalls are very shiny this year, they have a very different effect to the actual tread. Are you able to maybe amend the alpha layer to reflect it?

fongu Wrote:
> I noticed that the tyrewalls are very shiny this
> year, they have a very different effect to the
> actual tread. Are you able to maybe amend the
> alpha layer to reflect it?

that's true. I think darker tyrewall with very light coloured alphas will do the trick, at least I have done that in the past and got some similar results like that :)
fongu écrivait:
> I noticed that the tyrewalls are very shiny this
> year, they have a very different effect to the
> actual tread. Are you able to maybe amend the
> alpha layer to reflect it?

Hi Fongu, I am working on a new tyres set 2011... just waiting to see what Pirelli will bring to Turkey to continue: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Excalibur écrivait:
> fongu écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I noticed that the tyrewalls are very shiny
> this
> > year, they have a very different effect to the
> > actual tread. Are you able to maybe amend the
> > alpha layer to reflect it?
>
>
> Hi Fongu, I am working on a new tyres set 2011...
> just waiting to see what Pirelli will bring to
> Turkey before to continue:
> [www.grandprixgames.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy