Excalibur's workthread 2011 -Pirelli tyres 2011 v.2 [Released]

Posted by Excalibur 
Here are some Pirelli tyres 2011. Download link on the first post. ;-)
It is a first version. I will try to improve them later, when I will get time...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 07:20PM by Excalibur.
nice tyres Arnaud! thanks! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Thank you, my friend! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 07:35PM by Excalibur.
Do you have ingame pictures of your tyres? The textures are looking god, thanks for you work. :-)
@ Iaquinta: thank you. No, I am sorry. I didn't have time to make good screenshots from these tyres. I have just tested them in game..
I will post one later... ;-)

Edit:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 08:29PM by Excalibur.
sweet tyres, very accurate, thanks mate :-) hot
Like (Y)

Great work! :)
Thanks guys! Lee gave me some advices for the tyres to be more accurate. I will try to update them when possible ;-)

Looking awesome, thanks for the screens.
Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Just a question, should I be seeing in game, a difference between the soft and hard compound tyres? Should one of them have the green/blue stripe around the rim area? Not sure if I have got the proper appearance for these tyres or not...??

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
There is no difference between hard and soft in game for the moment but I think we will see different tyre compounds before Bahrain.

"Pirelli is planning to colour code its various tyre compounds this season to help spectators understand the teams' strategy. "
[en.espnf1.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2011 09:00PM by Excalibur.
Are you planning on doing the rims or is Lee upto doing it?
I don't know about Lee but I hope he will make them. He is the best for the tyres :-)

Anyway, I will try when the season will start.

I'm trying to work on the rims and may have some news in a couple of days...Ferrari's are done, anyway, but I'd still need to make all other teams...Also, I'm using Lee's rims as a base, so I better clear all permissions issues before releasing anything...
Great work with the pirelli tyrewalls...I have done lots of tread textures and have even more WIP, but don't know if there is any interest in community to have them:
version 1:

version 2:

version 3:

version 4:

I'm interested...(Especially the Mercedes' one)
And not only in the tyre's textures but in the textures of the RBR...(Y)
thks,
tiko.
i'm interested, too. Would be nice to get your files, Vesa :)
yes well the ones on the mercedes shots need more work, it looks good on the screens but in game it doesn't look just as good, it looks bit buggy but will try to find out reasonable solution for that. Red bull textures are for f12010 codemaster red bull and I have edited them myself a bit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy