GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
I suggest Marfield or Brno for the final round, and I vote for variable weather conditions.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Macca25 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What about the Dubai Autodrome?
>
>
> Good choice. Happy to go there for final race...
>
> As for the US round of the series, I don't quite
> get why Piranema is the nominated USA track -
> isn't that track fictionally based in Brazil??!! I
> know it is just a bit of fun this league, but
> surely there is a track in the USA that can be the
> USA's home race??!!

Hmmm, Dubai would work, too. I have good memories on that track from S4 GPGSL ;)

And Glen, I think you are right. But team USA has chosen Piranema and it is a fictional track...so no problem to relocate it to the USA for this one race, lol.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Either Brno or Dubai...I don't really mind.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I personally love that Dubai circuit! Have run there the past 2 seasons in a row as a fill in race for Valencia. Great layout, real fun to drive!
Plenty of great "neutral" tracks available for consideration. Dubai, Yas Marina (potential issues there, maybe with permissions??), Brno, Donnington Park perhaps, Fuji, Road America... heaps of options.

It doesn't bother me what track is used for the US race, and I won't lose sleep over it. Just think it is strange, to have a team for the USA and then not actually use a track from the USA?! Indy, Laguna, Road America, Phoenix, Detroit etc....
Dunno. I don't run the series, so it isn't my call! LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Oh gosh not monaco, as much as its a great track to drive, it is a seriously boring track to RD for, and would be rather an anti-climax, as qualifying positions would pretty much be the result. ;-)

My vote goes to either dubai, or maybe abu dhabi if permissions are ok. Tracks such as donington and road america i believe will not be granted permission.

Weather conditions i think should be variable, i just put it on realistic last season which i think gave 1 race with showers.

And don't worry the USA + piranema thing was discussed, but i think that as its a good track and up to the nations owner it was allowed, or something like that.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Is there no Anderstorp for Sweden?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I can't agree with a neutral country when we have some contries that ARE IN the championship that weren't included in the calendar.

-----------------------------------------------------

It sounds like Dubai is the most popular and i am cool with whatever except monaco for the reasons True gave.

@X-Acto The reason for the neutral track is based purely on the idea that its fictionally fair to have a neutral track and i think also its a good way for people to have a voice in seeing a track they would like without being pushed into a nation they do not care for. Remember there are only 17 rounds maximum so there would always be people left out and if i recieved 17 track submissions i may of gone that way instead.

As for Estoril. If you posted that on the forum somewhere and i missed it then i apoligise and it will replace either a1 ring as they are two of the three i had to fill it with. Japan being the other but i am convinced somewhere Turbo requested a track so i am waiting to hear from him.

Weather i will put in. Anyone know a good system for it. 1*100%, 2*75%,2*50%, 2*25% leaving 10 dry races and i will random generate like i did the track order?
Remember that if you have a full selection of tracks then montenegro chooses to remove itself from the running and i think somewhere austria choose a1-ring as their nomination, as i have it on the nomination list. Put portugal in and take montenegro out :).

and no, there is no version of anderstorp for GP4 oensan.

About the variable weather, we could use the system that GPGSL uses:

8 races are 0%
1 race is 15%
5 races are 25 %
1 race is 50%
2 races are 75%

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
icky Wrote:

> As for Estoril. If you posted that on the forum
> somewhere and i missed it then i apoligise and it
> will replace either a1 ring as they are two of the
> three i had to fill it with.

Thank you mate.

> Weather i will put in. Anyone know a good system
> for it. 1*100%, 2*75%,2*50%, 2*25% leaving 10 dry
> races and i will random generate like i did the
> track order?

About the weather, i think the random mode will do it just fine.

It seems that i have to ask somebody else to do the portuguese car. There is anybody interested in doing it?

Obviously GP4 has a limit of 17 races in a season, but why (hypothetically, of course...) limit the GPGNC to 17 races? If 22 nations are entered, and there are tracks nominated for those countries, and possibly a "neutral" race to close the season, why couldn't 22 races be held? TSM allows for easy loading of tracks, so it isn't like it's a major issue.
Results could be tabled in a points calculator or Excel chart easily.... just a thought!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I can see your point shep, and to be fair, if anyone works like me then it could be as many races as possible. I cannot use TSM to save my life, so i simply change dat's and wad's around, i find it much easier. And at the moment i think the results are in excel spreadsheet anyway ;-). The problem might be to do with tweaker, CSM, weather stuff like that, so for ruben really...

Brno! Brno! Brno!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
I vote Brno for neutral round.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Ok X_Acto here is a version of the portugal car:

Please give me your honest opinion on it, im happy to correct/change absolutely anything.

Ive considered signing all the cars i make but im not sure about ruining the cars with my logo, and i have really done enough to be overally bothered ;)
And macca thanks for you comment about the logo's on the brazil car, i will fix them both at some point, cheers.

truecrysis Wrote:
> Ok X_Acto here is a version of the portugal car:
>
> [img703.imageshack.us]
> r1.jpg
>
> Please give me your honest opinion on it, im happy
> to correct/change absolutely anything.
>
> Ive considered signing all the cars i make but im
> not sure about ruining the cars with my logo, and
> i have really done enough to be overally bothered
> ;)
> And macca thanks for you comment about the logo's
> on the brazil car, i will fix them both at some
> point, cheers.

I have a comment about this car to but you might start thinking that I am a prick. Oh well, I'll say it anyway.

I think the red strips on the nose would look much better if they were white, or maybe yellow. Red on green kind of gets lost.

Ok, I'll shut up now. :)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Nice job, truecrysis.

Maybe you could change two things, if possible:
1 - Replace the Tvtel on the side by the letters "Águas de Portugal", as it is show in the official AdP home page.
2 - Changing the 3 thin red lines in the front of the car by a red large one, with the AdP logo on top or the Coat of arms that are in the nation flag (the same you use in the engine cover of the car).

The rest is just on the spot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy