GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Ok owen you are in with finland, if you download the template of the SMD-09a then you pretty much get a template where each piece corresponds with a section of the car, paint what you want on each section, view in zmodeler, edit, repeat etc etc, im sure some guys here can help :)

Nations abbreviations? Not sure, i think that will pretty much go down to what everyone chooses. If you want to put it on, no-ones going to stop you, if you don't, no-ones going to ask you to, do what you like, its your nation ;-)

Shep, well then its up to whether you want to be new zealand more, or whether you want a france track more, but i don't think entering as france for the tracks is unreasonable at all :)

If some-one wants to make a mock up of a logo that will fit into liverys then by all means do so, preferably as soon as possible. Until that point, do not worry about putting a logo on your car :)

Numbers... well for now, pretty much put whatever number you want on your car, except the numbers of 1,2,3 which shall be reserved for the top 3 finishing countries last season

That's what i shall say anyway, ben is still the authority here, so if he changes anything, his word goes ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 12:16PM by truecrysis.
Ok, i'll keep #7 on the car.

I don't fancy having abbreviations either...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Thanks, Connor. Is it possible for me to have a number higher than 23? I'd quite like 27.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Australia will have number 25

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
At the moment, yes you can have any number between 4 and 99, but as i have said, that is always subject to change depending on the ruling ;-)

Ireland will be #24

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I know it sounds weird seeing as I was the first to suggest the SMD-09a shape but I have only just had time to get round to painting my car. However when I go to load the shape up in GP4Builder to see the preview all I get is a blank car even though the .tga is in the same folder as the shape and it has the correct name. I've also tried to load it in Zmodeler but apparently the scolari.tga is missing, even though it isn't :/ Has anyone else had this problem?

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Did you want to view your livery on the car?

What i do for it is:
1. Import lod_0 into zmodeler
2. Go on material editor (e)
3. select scolari.tga in the drop down menu
4. at the bottom, tick primary texture then click where it says chrome next to primary texture
5. add your tga
6. click ok, then ok again, should be on?

Ok so True says i have the final say ;) but i am cool with any decisions he comes to regarding the painting of the cars because i am totally useless as well as anything else that improves the series. The numbers as well does not bother me and my only suggestion if people liked it was to colour the number of the champion so that they have a choice of number 1 or a coloured number they like as in moto gp

We are coming around to tracks now. It is a pick of the nations with tracks for your country. If your nation does not have a track availible then you are welcome to pick a fictional track. If after that we have spaces then we will look to alternative tracks like Magny Cours. We should then have a list of 22 tracks picked for the 17 race calender. I like the idea of a "neutral" final round as a purely fictional thing so we will vote on what tracks we want of the 22 for the full 17 or 16 plus a bonus track everyone votes on as the neutral.

Depending on wether people want that neutral track but in the meantime pm with the track you would like to use for your nation.
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you want to view your livery on the car?
>
> What i do for it is:
> 1. Import lod_0 into zmodeler
> 2. Go on material editor (e)
> 3. select scolari.tga in the drop down menu
> 4. at the bottom, tick primary texture then click
> where it says chrome next to primary texture
> 5. add your tga
> 6. click ok, then ok again, should be on?

By the drop down menu I assume you mean where the .tga's are listed at the top? But even if this is the case I still can't see the 'primary texture' option at the bottom. I'm sorry for being completely useless with this but I never use Zmodeler, I've always used GP4Builder to preview cars.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Out of interest, what version of zmodeler are you using? I use v1.07, and think its better for me.

truecrysis Wrote:
> Out of interest, what version of zmodeler are you
> using? I use v1.07, and think its better for me.

1.07 as it's free and, i think, it's the only version that can open GP4 files

Anyway San Marino will have #42.

P.S. What about starting a thread for the presentation of the cars?

truecrysis Wrote:
> Out of interest, what version of zmodeler are you
> using? I use v1.07, and think its better for me.

I'm using v2.2.5 at the moment, but I'll download v1.07 and see if there is any difference.

Yup 1.07 is much better for GP4.

Montenegro will take number 16.

And how many people are ready to reveal cars? Im not sure how many people would require the thread yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 07:39PM by truecrysis.
Got it working now (Y) Thanks for the help :)

Switzerland will, of course, take #1.

I can't do a proper render atm, but the car is ready to be presented with a simple ZModeler screenshot, at least.
And as long as there is no agreement on a GPGNC logo, I will send the files to Ruben now and if we decide on a logo later on, he can either include it himself or tell me and I'll do an updated version.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
New Zealand / or France (to be decided!!) will take #9 thanks.

p.s. leaning towards France, as I came up with an A1GP inspired scheme, which looks pretty cool! New Zealand would have got a run if there were any GP4 tracks from that great country. But, i am thinking FRANCE will get me as their boss.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
i'll take number 22 for Team Brazil...

as for the car, i don't have time at the moment, but it should be ready in a month or two, is this a problem?

-------------------------------------------
Well naturally john ;-).

Shep, you have been changed to france, is that ok?

Neo, hmm one or two months... im afraid we (well by we i mean ruben, ben and the other RD's ;-)) could well be looking to go before that... we could always use your old livery, or use one someone else has made until you are done, and then put your one in when you are ready?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2011 12:11AM by truecrysis.
Japan will take #11 if that number is not already been taken.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy