what view angle is most realistic?

Posted by renyf1 
Re: what view angle is most realistic?
Date: January 24, 2003 08:34AM
Posted by: Vader
:) thanks for the info Lo2k. Btw, you wouldn't be related to Jean Jaques, would you?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 24, 2003 09:42AM
Posted by: renyf1
man i don't check this thread for 1 day and boom its gets long :-)

hey Vader thanks for the pics....sure would be harder to get a good lap from that view !

i think maybe if the cockpit took the bottom 50-45% it would be best

need to move the angle back just a little to see the side mirrors

how awesome would it be to have head panning as u enter a corner....then u can kind of see the apex but also any cars that try and get u on the inside of u
Date: January 24, 2003 11:05AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hehe, if i would, he never told it to me ;)

What the hell are all those yellowish smileys !!?? :)

Date: January 24, 2003 01:25PM
Posted by: Glyn
http://www.grandprix3.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=8510&t=8510

read this ...

Doesnt look so bad if the dotted line is the old track. Hard to tell. If thats the case, 130R should be a faster, but less challenging corner. It wont be as good, but at least its not a hairpin

Date: January 24, 2003 01:43PM
Hehe, if i would, he never told it to me

Well, since he died in Ermenonville/Paris on the 2nd of July 1778 I never really considered the possibility he could have been talking to you ...

Post Edited (01-24-03 20:50)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 26, 2003 03:37AM
Posted by: kit-kat
raztahz wrote:

130r is not challenging anymore at formula one

Didn't you see Mcnish go off!!!
180+mph make a small mistake & you have a big one!!!!

you wouldnt be able to take your formula ford through it at 100mph never mind 180+mph!!!!!!
Date: January 26, 2003 04:19AM
Posted by: Alex13
kit-kat wrote:

> raztahz wrote:
>
> 130r is not challenging anymore at formula one
>
> Didn't you see Mcnish go off!!!
> 180+mph make a small mistake & you have a big one!!!!
>
> you wouldnt be able to take your formula ford through it at
> 100mph never mind 180+mph!!!!!!

And from the 2003 season TC will be out in mid season so i think even Eau Rouge will be more demanding for the drivers. One more thing, why all these changes in f1? If they want more spectacle, just bring back the slickkssss! 6 races one engine? Sh!t !

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 26, 2003 07:21AM
Posted by: Zcott
TC won't really make much difference around Eau Rouge, because there is no race there this year.

Date: January 26, 2003 09:22AM
Posted by: kit-kat
alex13

T.C traction control

1. stops wheel spin
2. gives more grip in slow corners
3. controls(reduces) power to rear wheels

so what has T.C got to do with 130R being taken flat?
Mcnish got out of shape because he went a little to wide(over the limit) so no matter how much or how good your T.C, your never going to get it back once you have over stepped the limit!!!!

T.C only comes into play like corner's like lowes hairpin not when you are flat through 130R or any other corner that's taken at full pelt!!!!!

Now i hope you understand what T.C does now;-)
Date: January 26, 2003 10:35AM
your never going to get it back once you have over stepped the limit!!!!

That's right, but on the other hand Mario Andretti once said "If things seem under control you're not fast enough".

Post Edited (01-26-03 17:36)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 26, 2003 11:49AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Which view is more realistic??
I'd say for GP4 cockpit, using one of the new default cockpit shapes panned back so you can see almost all of the front tyres but not all.
Hands on wheel view is good also but config of it seems different to main cockpit view giving less sense of speed like it's too flat, I use main cockpit view.
Date: January 26, 2003 11:57AM
Over a certain speed its very hard to spin the wheels so TC wont make any difference at all. Its really in the wet where it helps the drivers, so without it the wet races will be a lot more interesting. On the subject of TC and LC, I wonder if we'll be able to remove it from the game because the AI cars use LC at the start of races.

Date: January 26, 2003 01:28PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
mm, just tried racing with hands on wheel view again - it's good, seems like everything is bigger and more in your face. I reakon the best view would be to have the environment from hands on wheel, hands on wheel, and graphics of normal cockpit view for cockpit. So you'd have hands on a funtioning wheel, better view of tyres, a helmet and the in your face style racing ..that would be ace. As usual askng for the impossible!!hehe
Is it though, the environment from hands on wheel seems to be magnified -these properties must be stored somewhere and editiable and surely there's a way to get hands on wheel in main cockpit view..
Date: January 26, 2003 01:51PM
Come on! You mean you don't know TC also has effect in fast corners? The chanel that shows F1 in my country had an interview with the Renault guy who is in charge of the electronics department and said that TC has developed so much in the 2002 season that started to have effect even in fast corners. And this IS true. Also sorry... i forgot Spa was taken out of the race calendar....

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 27, 2003 02:48AM
Well, to be honest I didnt know that Alex. I was just having a guess, but F1 cars are very advanced and obviously I didnt know what these elecrtonics were capable of.

Date: January 27, 2003 02:49AM
On the subject of cockpit views. In GP4 I found it depends on the resolution of the game too. In 1024x768 the cockpit view is to in-ya-face, so I had to slide my seat back a bit. Crank the res up to 1200x1024 and it looks like it does on GP3. Strange, but true *spooky music*

Date: January 27, 2003 03:57AM
From what cam are you playing? I can only play from the t-cam. But it's not easy because i have to always check the mirrors...

Date: January 27, 2003 06:21AM
Is there any way to play a sim as from cockpit mode?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 27, 2003 06:49AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Lol!
T-cam for me, although with Lo2k's latest CamEditor v3.7, you can raise the cockpit view(yes, the actual cockpit view), if it's a little bit too low. ;)

You're right about the resolution difference, Glyn.

Post Edited (01-27-03 13:50)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 27, 2003 06:55AM
Posted by: Zcott
Always cockpit view, whether it's GP4, GPL, NASCAR 2002, Flight Simulator 2002, GP3.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy