FTD-NoeRtY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
>
>
> This was just a test screenshot :-D
> He isn't so good as Vettel, Webber, Button... ^^

I was actually taking a jibe at F1 2010(if you don't know, it's an F1(Formula 1(racing)) game released about a month(30 days) ago)

But I agree with the others, if you didn't ask for permission from the original authors, there's now way you will be allowed to post it here. If you ask for permissions first nobody will have a problem here.
Re: > Der erstelle offizielle GP4 2010 Mod kommt :-) <
Date: October 22, 2010 06:15PM
Posted by: kubica2
permission isnt needed if the cars are converted from f12010 :P lol

one question. what happens when someone converts cars to gp4 from f12010 without permission, which mortal and others are letting happen, and then someone uses the converted cars to make a 2010 mod for gp4, and the person who makes the mod doesnt ask the person who leeched the car to gp4 for permission???? i cant wait to see that happen and see the true hypocrisy in this community in full flow.
@ Chrische, mortal

Show me any permissions of other GP4 MOD's. You will find nothing and the manufacturers of GP4 are "OUT OF BUSINESS", so i can't get any permissions
@ Robert
it's a matter of respect for the modders' work :)

The MOD is my own and if you can get all stuff for free @ the pages, it is freeware and not shareware, so i don't must have any permissions.
I have thanked in GP4 Intro all modders for their work but i can't ask any of them.

The picture of it comes later
Ok, i have readed the permissions from the trackpack 2008 (shueyfan) and i have don't permissions to update it in a MOD.
Ok, i accept this.
I can also upload the MOD "without" any tracks, so it is permission.
I have also no permission to the new cars.wad
If i have finished the MOD, i upload just the menue without all *.wad files, that will be ok
Date: October 22, 2010 09:14PM
Posted by: Robert
Even if you can't get permission for cars and tracks, it would still be great if you uploaded the menus, perf files etc. so we can add the rest (perhaps providing links to tracks and cars) :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: October 23, 2010 12:07AM
Posted by: mortal
That is perfectly acceptable. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Ok, thanks
sry for the mistake. I'm newby :-D
Date: October 23, 2010 10:08AM
Yr welcome, and nice to see a newbie get creative. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 23, 2010 03:07PM
Posted by: Dahie
kubica2 schrieb:
> permission isnt needed if the cars are converted
> from f12010 :P lol
>
> one question. what happens when someone converts
> cars to gp4 from f12010 without permission, which
> mortal and others are letting happen, and then
> someone uses the converted cars to make a 2010 mod
> for gp4, and the person who makes the mod doesnt
> ask the person who leeched the car to gp4 for
> permission???? i cant wait to see that happen and
> see the true hypocrisy in this community in full
> flow.

The hypocrisy starts with you assuming, taking the cars from Codies F1-2010 wouldn't require permission. This is wrong.
Codies has every right to enfore that mods based on their material are to be taken down. Especially with tracks this can get ugly. They have been protective about tracks in other games and don't have the same liberal stance as Simbin, who allow conversion as long as the author ensures, that the only people who bought the original game can use the mod. So far we don't know how protective Codies will be, personally I wouldn't risk it.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
@Dahie

Hello,
this MOD is based on the original GP4 so it wouldn't be a problem, would it?

It overrides just the original data and replace it with the MOD files. It is not the game included in this MOD, just the newer files for the 2010 season
Good news,
i have talked to ShueyFan and he gives me his permission to include his tracks (2008 version). The other tracks i will contact the modders for their permission :-)
Date: October 23, 2010 04:49PM
Posted by: 2chance1
When will it be released?
until 11/15/2010 ;-)
but firstly just the german version.
After that i will finish the English version ;-)
Date: October 23, 2010 06:50PM
Posted by: kubica2
Dahie Wrote:
> kubica2 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > permission isnt needed if the cars are
> converted
> > from f12010 :P lol
> >
> > one question. what happens when someone
> converts
> > cars to gp4 from f12010 without permission,
> which
> > mortal and others are letting happen, and then
> > someone uses the converted cars to make a 2010
> mod
> > for gp4, and the person who makes the mod
> doesnt
> > ask the person who leeched the car to gp4 for
> > permission???? i cant wait to see that happen
> and
> > see the true hypocrisy in this community in
> full
> > flow.
>
> The hypocrisy starts with you assuming, taking the
> cars from Codies F1-2010 wouldn't require
> permission. This is wrong.
> Codies has every right to enfore that mods based
> on their material are to be taken down. Especially
> with tracks this can get ugly. They have been
> protective about tracks in other games and don't
> have the same liberal stance as Simbin, who allow
> conversion as long as the author ensures, that the
> only people who bought the original game can use
> the mod. So far we don't know how protective
> Codies will be, personally I wouldn't risk it.

i was being sarcastic, you have to read other threads to understand that. in this community it is accepted as legal to convert cars from other games withouth permission, but i am against that. more so i am against how hard the regular users of this 'community' site are on first time modders who use other peoples cars in mods without permission, and then are hypocritical enough to turn a blind eye on conversions from commercial games. its the 2 faced side on this website, where they are happy to have the converted cars, because they are high quality, but are not happy to let new modders in, just because the first time they mod for the game, the new modder doesnt follow the copyright rules of grandprixgames.org community. The 'regulars' on this website have killed off many potential talents in modding for gp4 by being such hypocrits.
Date: October 23, 2010 11:35PM
Posted by: TomMK
@kubica2 - You're right that it is not legal to convert and distribute cars from other games without permission, BUT, you must remember that GP4 is an old game, with a waning community and that these cars (Codemasters) offer us the latest material more easily than creating from scratch.

It's not ideal, and wherever possible I use cars created from scratch (RB6 by Madotter & Mitsuro Sano, for example) but where a scratch car doesn't exist, I will use a conversion. I know it's not legal. I don't need you to constantly remind me. The fact is that there aren't enough modders to keep this game going anymore, so your suggestion that 'regulars' have killed of potential talent is, in my opinion, hypocritical itself. This community will only continue if we have the latest cars. Conversions give us that. So I support it. If you don't, fine. But please, take your soapbox elsewhere.
Date: October 24, 2010 12:40AM
You would do well to take that advice and climb down off the soap-box. If this place is as bad and as hypocritical as you say it is, why do you bother logging in.....oh yeah, now I remember, it's to offer me bribes of a years server running costs to ban another user that you don't like. What a shame job that you are an Australian. Methinks time to pull the plug on the likes of you, we've all seen enough I think.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:21AM
Posted by: n00binio
:-o

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I have talked to Prunn (one of the creators from ShueyFan Trackpack 2008) and he gives me his permission too. So we have one more creator to ask for his permission and then i can release the MOD with all Tracks ;-) ShueyFan told me that he is working for 2010 tracks, but he hasn't finished them until the end of the year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy