Grand Prix 5

Posted by Atticus. 
Re: Grand Prix 5
Date: December 16, 2011 09:44PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I think we all know that Grand Prix 5 will kick all other F1 sims ass without even trying!

But it's all up to Goeff!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: December 17, 2011 04:57PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
I think we all know, deep down, that grand prix 5 will never happen as well lol
Date: December 17, 2011 05:27PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Nah, of course it won't.

When I started this topic a few months ago, I was just frustrated how 'arcade-y' and unrealistic F1 2011 was.

Secondly, it's better to know that with open pleas through the biggest GPx community, we have done everything possible, besides throwing the money to buy the rights, to reach out to Geoff.

Third, we have amazing community as I said, and whether Geoff likes it or not, the community constantly pumps out wonderful tracks and cars to keep GP3 and GP4 up to date, so the absence of GP5 is much less of an issue this way.

And on a personal not... I'm not into newer stuff after all nowadays. I run older tracks now (recently, Kyalami just blew my mind away), it's quite being-on-the-edge-of-your-seat to drive with this amount of downforce on classics like Zandvoort 1967, or Interlagos 1979. Or Kyalami 1982.
Date: December 17, 2011 05:40PM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
We could always use Dolphinity Racer [www.racer.nl] (which is open-source) to create our own Grand Prix 5.
Date: February 02, 2012 02:12PM
Posted by: cloverleaf159
whilst i agree grand prix 5 would be awesome, i am more than grateful for all those people who spent time creating these mods to keep gp4 up to date.

these people deserve as much praise as geoff in my opinion.

ive only just got into csm and updates and i cant believe what has been done.

its simply brilliant.
Date: April 17, 2012 08:10AM
Posted by: davegp4
what about this have the game so it unlocks different mods every time you win a chp, starting with the original of course.
Date: May 07, 2012 08:23AM
Posted by: winstonmalcolm
Our best hope would be to acquire the source. That would allow us to completely rework areas that are now dated or were poorly implemented . Direct x 11 would be good along with a new tyre model and internet play.
Date: May 07, 2012 02:50PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Wasn't someone talking about modifying the GP4.exe some time ago ? We need more active developers, aside from the amazing work ZaZ and Lo2k do there is very little activity in that area.
It would be good to know what is and isn't possible with the current version of GP4...what changes can be made etc ?

F1Dev
Date: May 07, 2012 03:32PM
Posted by: Excalibur
IMO, you can modify the files with these great tools from the developpers but without the source code of the game, you can't improve it or add new features (like real qualifications sessions, more cars or DRS system, for example)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 03:33PM by Excalibur.
Date: May 07, 2012 03:45PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
there is this possibility named reverse engineering. Means, one looks how a game does something and tries to replicate it.
I think with someone willing to do this, GP5 or an open-source-GP4 is possible.
BUT: It is very much work, and i don't think anybody is interested in doing something, for nothing ^^
So don't start shouting "Somebody needs to do it". It is definetely possible, but really really much work.
Date: May 07, 2012 03:49PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMO, you can modify the files with these great
> tools from the developpers but without the source
> code of the game, you can't improve it or add new
> features (like real qualifications sessions, more
> cars or DRS system, for example)

I wouldn't really care about having DRS, etc modelled within game.
The only thing lacking is the car physics especially the tyre model, which needs to be brought up to date.
Date: May 07, 2012 04:11PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
I agree with the frustrations that current f1 games are too arcadey...

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: May 07, 2012 05:01PM
smoglessbutton4 écrivait:
> I agree with the frustrations that current f1
> games are too arcadey...

Honestly, I like F1 2011 from Codies. Physics are good, the wear of tires according to your driving is close to what you can feel in real. You feel the inertia of the car into your hands and the speed when DRS is activated. The game has been improved a lot. You may say that Codies make arcade games for years but I must admit that I found sensations of driving I have never felt in others F1 games, even if a lot of things could be still improved...

I wonder if we will have the ultimate F1 simulation one day... A shame the Geoff left the place... Imagine what the Grand Prix series could be now! ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 07, 2012 07:49PM
Posted by: celinho
A game with more than 10 years, which has very good gameplay feature, was to imagine a Grand Prix 5 would be fantastic, almost real to a real F1.
As we have unfortunately not Geoff Grammond and his team have to get between us evolve the GP4 or seek new alternatives for games.
In my opinion, in terms of gameplay, which is closer to the GP4 is the 2011 F1 Season, others are much to be desired.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 07:50PM by celinho.
Date: May 07, 2012 09:46PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
there is a good alternative named rFavctor but i agree, Grand Prix 4 in online-mod or GP5 would be AWESOME

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 09:47PM by xSilvermanx.
Date: May 07, 2012 10:30PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> there is a good alternative named rFavctor

I don't own rfactor but apparently it has no changeable weather, is this true?

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: May 07, 2012 11:37PM
The main problem with Rfactor is the physics. And yes, weather can't change. Static dry or static wet.... Weather changing comes into Rfactor2.

Date: May 08, 2012 07:57AM
Posted by: Bruce D
Excalibur Wrote:
>
> Honestly, I like F1 2011 from Codies. Physics are
> good, the wear of tires according to your driving
> is close to what you can feel in real. You feel
> the inertia of the car into your hands and the
> speed when DRS is activated. The game has been
> improved a lot. You may say that Codies make
> arcade games for years but I must admit that I
> found sensations of driving I have never felt in
> others F1 games, even if a lot of things could be
> still improved...
>
> I wonder if we will have the ultimate F1
> simulation one day... A shame the Geoff left the
> place... Imagine what the Grand Prix series could
> be now! ;)

Hmm, yeah I thought so too, then on the weekend I had the urge to try F1 Challenge 99-02 again and played that for about 2 hours, enjoying how technical it was to drive quickly, then switched to F1 2011 and was actually stunned at how terrible it was in comparison. No sense of speed at all and really boring. 60km/h and 260km/h just felt the same. I couldn't judge my braking and speed through the corners because it all felt the same, kept trying to take turn 1 at Canada in 4th gear!

I saw a few months back the "lead designer" for F1 2010-12, Stephen whatever-his-name-is (I say "lead designer" because he is almost never in the office and when he is he's just playing the game so therefore someone else is actually the designer/programmer and he's just a glorified marketing tester *vent over*) asked on twitter what he could do to make F1 2012 "like the great Geoff Crammond games", so he knows he's nowhere.
Date: May 08, 2012 11:20AM
Posted by: jakobdylan
C'mon guys there are out of there about 5 F1 simulator(Rfactor,Rfactor 2,F1 2010,F1 2011 and NetKartpro) and some others are coming out (Project Cars and Assetto Corsa )so much better than Gp4 that just wait some of best Gp4 modders start to work it on it to create some masterpiece .....so you are talking and hoping yet about GP5.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 11:25AM by jakobdylan.
Date: May 08, 2012 11:27AM
Posted by: Bruce D
Well I personally don't class rFactor, F1 2010 or F1 2011 as simulations, they are just arcade type games with some realistic stuff added. I thought the physics for GTR2 were better than rFactor, which shows that ISI didn't know how to do it properly, which is also a surprise because F1C was actually good, although tracks and cars weren't great. I haven't driven netkarpro for a long time so I can't remember it, but I thought the physics for Live for Speed's F1 car were very good. Maybe Codies should hire those guys...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy