Awesome cars

Posted by AveryGPFan 
Re: Awesome cars
Date: February 19, 2003 10:29AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
If you download the cars.wad anim.wad and performance file, everything should be in it's right place. The f1graphics.cfg is fairly self explanatory.

Date: February 19, 2003 09:15PM
Posted by: Kill Me Not Speed
very nice cars m8
tried for 6 hours to update the cars.wad file on my pc, and it kept crashing every bloody time!!!.

D/loaded yours and it works like a dream

CHEERS !!

one problem thou is the PO is over 100% pretty much all the time, can i do anything to lower so i can play the game with out it jerking around?.

athlon 2400+
MSI KT3 ultra2 with 512Mb 333DDR
Geforce4 Ti4200 64Mb DDR
Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Speed is a gift, use it wisely
Date: February 19, 2003 09:39PM
Posted by: LarryM
With your set up, you should have no problem. I have similar (see below) actually you have a better graphix card. I don't look at po so much, the game runs very smoothly with everything except video walls on at 1280x1024 and fps at 30-33. :)
You should have no problem. What about your video drivers?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 20, 2003 01:56AM
Posted by: rayg
Couls some please tell me how to get the gp4 performance file into GP4! I'm sure I'm being stupid but I got the GP4 Edit software and extracted the performance file to a folder but I can't import it into the editor ( which I assume I have to do???)

Help would be well appreciated!!
Date: February 21, 2003 02:24AM
Posted by: rahul
hey avery ........how do i change your f1graphics.cfg file

i want to get more details into the cockpit mirror .........add heat haze and get the original track tarmac..what values do i change in your file.......plzzz help me out
Date: February 21, 2003 03:05AM
Posted by: JPM
AveryGPfan

Which is better...

*The current Williams (in the wad)
*Zachary Griffin's Williams

CYAS

JPM
Date: February 21, 2003 02:05PM
Posted by: nameless
i downloaded the wad yesterday but i have been having some problems .....

it wont allow me to race when i use the patched version of gp4

toyota appears white on hi res

ferrari skin doesnt fit on lower res

game is very slow and jittery (more likely a computer prob - but graphics overload)

can anyone help - im sure some have been mentioned above but itll take me hours to read all the posts above (....... yes i am a lazy git)

in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.
Date: February 21, 2003 02:40PM
Posted by: sasjag
well the wad does give quite a big pr=erformance hit

use the provided .cfg file to get rid of ur texturing problem, failing that ur gonna hafta to do some manual editing

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 21, 2003 03:01PM
Posted by: nameless
ive tried some manual editing and it did work for a bit but the toyota has gone white again, it could be due to graphics level, ill have another go later

ive tried the supplied .cfg and i couldnt get on with it, the game ran even slower, a lot darker and with a permanent cockpit visor (which i find a little irritating).

in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.
Date: February 21, 2003 10:11PM
Posted by: marcl
How do u change drivers names can anyone help.?

I downloaded the file and it worked fine but for some reason the circuit disapears and i get like a see through tarmac any idea who i can fix this.
Date: February 22, 2003 01:33AM
Drivers names: Team editor. Download from this site. Really easy to use, works with patched version 9.06. You can also change/import performance files

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 22, 2003 04:32AM
Posted by: sasjag
"I downloaded the file and it worked fine but for some reason the circuit disapears and i get like a see through tarmac any idea who i can fix this."

yeah, i had that problem, check that bump mapping is turned ON in he f1graphics.cfg file, and it *should* disappear, it did for me

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 22, 2003 04:33AM
that'll be your gfx card probably - recalibrate and test should fix and maybe fresh f1gstate.

Date: February 22, 2003 10:06AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Avery.. the cars.rar file is whit some kind of problem... when i download it, it stops in 2,42 MB....

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: February 22, 2003 10:45AM
Downloaded just now, worked fine!! maybe connection problems Nuno

Date: February 22, 2003 11:40AM
It was ok again we i put my orig cars.wad file back on. Will try again over the weekend, thanks for your help
Date: February 22, 2003 02:14PM
Some one has said that the CAR.WAD file is not for the patched version is this true
Date: February 23, 2003 12:52AM
Never heard. It works fine with mine (patched). The performance file works via team editor and I don't use the graphics file.

Larry
Date: February 23, 2003 06:30AM
Posted by: whingr ron
Avery if i could, i would have your babies!!! (not that im inclined that way)

I was just about to give up on gp4 when i discovered your carset, brilliant!

Thank you and anybody else who was involved you have made me a very happy man, and my wife a very disappointed woman.
Date: February 23, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: erwin_78
problems with toyota livery of Guyon? I don't have any ;)

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy