Awesome cars

Posted by AveryGPFan 
Re: Awesome cars
Date: January 27, 2003 02:31PM
Posted by: Ellis
sry, im spamming but 100th post here ;)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 28, 2003 01:05AM
Posted by: rayg
Right I am useing your cfg file which has fixed the problem with the cars not showing the colors properly and it has improved other graphics settings in the game :-)

The only problem I have now is that I can only see track side objects in the mirror and not the cars! :-( I changed teh settings in the game menu to show all objects but it still made no difference, can anyone help me with this???

Thanks

Ray
Date: January 28, 2003 02:56AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Remember that once the first line is set to 1 in the cfgfile, it controls most graphics options instead of in-game graphic menu:D
Look in the cfg file and experiment with mirrorview settings towards the bottom. Make sure mirrors are enabled and external view mirrors disabled.
It's good to become familiar with the cfg file, all commands are fairly self explanatory..
Date: January 29, 2003 02:47AM
I finally got around to downloading and installing ur wads and gfx cfg file.

The wad is nice, but theres something wrong with the Toyota, its a bit messy around the cocpit area? I have seen this in other Toyotas i have downloaded before tho. Otherwise it is impressive

gfx cfg...i used to run lowish detail a25fps, now i run high detail/res at 35fps. Impressive. But can you hep me turn the mirrors on on the T-Cam view? Altho i dont use them, its bit weird for me.

not tried the pref file yet cos i dont have the editor d/l yet, so cant put the pref file in. The helemts eem to be a bit wrong too? That just me yeah?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 29, 2003 03:02AM
Posted by: mortal
Which line is it to turn off the helmet view please :-) TIA

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 29, 2003 03:29AM
Alright..
; Enable external view mirrors (0 0ff, 1 onboard, 2 all external views) v2
change to 1 but it has a big hit on fps. Don't think there's a better Toyota 2002 at the mo.
In-game graphics turns helmet on/off..
I'll update the wad when i get round to it:D
Date: January 29, 2003 03:58AM
Thanx mate, and good work so far.

If you want a 2002 toyota that might not have the texture detail of the currect one, but it is bug free then download mine and chunters car from this site (its been put under my name, but its chunters orgional textures)

It is a good car

Date: January 29, 2003 05:59AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
my toyota is fine just that the helmet position is half inside the car ;)

Date: January 29, 2003 06:03AM
Thats not the person who made the cars fault tho, we are working on that...and i have an idea i think, im currently testing it.

The cockpit on my toyota is a bit screwed, and the rear difuser is white i think, whihc wud make it the same car i d/l a while back

Date: January 29, 2003 06:16AM
..and inside the wheels is white external view. Like the cockpit_damage.tga isn't mapped right if at all. The guy who made it moved onto 2003 cars i think - would be good if it was fixed.
Date: January 29, 2003 06:22AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
is there a way to use the original Minardi carshape for the toyota?

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 29, 2003 06:35AM
Most of the old toyotas were made for the Minardi shape. DDownload Chunters one, that fits the Minadri shape

And yup, you described my toyota problems perfectly, so i will simply download another :)

Date: January 29, 2003 07:21AM
Posted by: RichE
Great wad, thanks for taking the time to compile it.Regarding the anim wad i have correct pit crews and garages but should i have menu pictures and grid car profiles.
Date: January 29, 2003 07:25AM
Im running a patched GP4 so the pref edtor doesnt work for me, so gona have to put ib ur pref file using GPx, which i think involves redoing it, but never mind!

Date: January 29, 2003 07:40AM
The driver pics and grid cars are installed in Menudata folder - easily done with CSC - make sure all files in Menudata\Pc\2001\images.. have read-only unchecked.

Post Edited (01-29-03 14:54)

Date: January 29, 2003 11:22AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Has anyone else tried to edit the 1st .wad that was posted. I wanted a better Toyota, but the file names had changed and I didn't know what to do!

Thanks

Date: January 29, 2003 12:04PM
I am going to install a new toyota later, the one thats in has mapping missing and i cant be bothered to remap it. will just download a new one

Date: January 29, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: Spike02
Introducing my latest update for the McLaren Mercedes MP4-17. Presented to you by your humble |< |_| D o Z. ;-)

Note the new 3D exhausts and improved antennae, as well as the bug fix where the sidepod was not mapped correctly and the red T-cam (i just thought it would look nice).

Thanks to Vades for hosting :-) and thanks to Erwin Maliepaard for his Words of Wisdom

Post Edited (01-29-03 20:11)
Date: January 29, 2003 01:15PM
Posted by: sasjag
:o Stella!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 29, 2003 02:02PM
nice one - last antenna was a bit chunky if i remember rightly:D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy