Awesome cars

Posted by AveryGPFan 
Re: Awesome cars
Date: January 19, 2003 03:44PM
Posted by: StefanGordon
Everything is fine for me, except a part in the middle of the nose what you see in T-cam mode on the McLaren something is wrong there.....and the Toyota drivers appear to be looking for something in their cockpit :D

I havent stopped playing GP4 now with this .wad, so many thanks!

Date: January 19, 2003 03:52PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
..the gfx.cfg should work with any version.
..have uploaded perfomance file again as rar file should be right.
..and have had same problem after changing pitcrew so use the original. Dumbass is making CSC4 which will hopefully fix this. :D
Date: January 19, 2003 04:06PM
If I get any stick from authors i'll immmedietely remove the wad. I can't make my mind up as to whether they'd be ok with it.

Here's the credits for the wad:

Ferrari : Viper, Ghostrider, CTDP
Mclaren : Ralph Hummerich texture, Erwin Maliepaard shape
Williams : Viper, Ghostrider, CTDP
Renault : Viper, Ghostrider, CTDP
Jordon : Erik van Leeuwen (carshape),Duco Lammers (textures)
BAR : Ralph Hummerich texture
Sauber : AveryGPFan texture
Jaguar : Ralph Hummerich texture
Arrorws :Schroeder(shape), Mr.Evil (texture)
Toyota :Guyon Waltmans
Minardi :Guyon Waltmans

I say again, awesome cars:-))

Post Edited (01-23-03 02:50)

Date: January 20, 2003 03:38AM
Posted by: mortal
thankyou very much for that, your effort is appreciated :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 20, 2003 05:07AM
My pleasure:D,
I'll be updating the wad as it improves and especially now that i've managed to burn out the adaptor for my Thrustmaster wheel - it was covered by a pillow and was too hot to touch by the end of 58 laps at Australia!! Feedback on the wad is welcome..
Date: January 20, 2003 06:20AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
very good ... the cars look fantastic up close

but when the camera isnt focused on a car the old shape appears, this however doesnt happen with the ferrari. is this because not all the shapes are included for each car in the wad? also there seems to be small problem on the mclaren nose with texture mapping where the numbers should be.

the reason im saying this is not to disrespect averyGPfan but to find out if its my comp that is doing it..?? does everyone else have these same things ?

anyway the wad is very good and it seems you have put in alot of effort, thankyou

Date: January 20, 2003 06:49AM
Exactly the same..
Most of the shapes came with just the first two .gp4 files and so the remaining four kick in depending on your LOD settings. I'll work on it and make it better.. is easily fixed - if you want to DIY find out which cars are flicking between the old and new shapes, delete all .gp4 files in extracted wad for that car except the first one for each car number e.g car_sauber_car1_LOD_0.GP4 and car_sauber_car2_LOD_0.gp4 (keep these ones delete the others) then copy four versions of both LOD_0.gp4 and rename to give all LOD numbers e.g _LOD_1 LOD_2 LOD_3 LOD_4. So now there's five LOD shapes all using the same shape for both car 1 and 2. Haven't tested this but should be fine. In fact GP4 may only need the first LOD_0 to work. And then wad it up with Master. Also keep PO as low as possible. 110 PO is default for LOD's coming in, can be made higher in gfx.cfg -
The Mclaren is the best MP417 I could find, there'll probably be better ones out there soon...
Still can't believe how acurate they are - especially Jordon and Ferrari.
Date: January 20, 2003 06:53AM
just as i thought

i might DIM anyway ... thanks again

Date: January 20, 2003 08:06AM
Posted by: LarryM
I must have your wad. The cars look great. On Mclaren, I have found a good looking Mclaren with updated carshape (eg. it has those dinky little wings instead of exhaust funnels and so on). by a guy called Wai Keen Lam. I got it from this site here:
[www.gpgames.de]

I' d be interested to hear your comments, it may not be perfect but not bad.
BTW: Grandprixgames should add previews to these files. It would help in deciding what to download.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 21, 2003 01:45AM
Hi Averygpfan, Fantastic cars! Thanks you for the work, I have not been able to acquire these so far. Two problems and a couple of suggestions:

1. Mclaren T-camera view, a square piece of texture is missing (This is mentioned y someone else above)

I tried updating your wad with R. Hummerich's textures, but in Gp4 master the textures in your wad were much bigger scale. I went ahead and made a new wad but this crashed me to desktop when I tried a free practice. so back to the back-up of your wad. Is there a solution for this Mclaren problem?

2. The Toyota drivers seem have melted into their cars. The car itself is the best Toyota I have seen however.

Suggestions:

1. I have updated your wad with Schoeder's generic cockpit including antenna. The angle of view looks more real (= lower and straighter). The antenna is a nice touch.

2. I imported also a generic steering wheel (by Ad hoc studios) which looks a lot better than Geoff Crammond's awful creation.

I am very pleased with the game now.. thanks to you. The 9 hours was worth it.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 21, 2003 02:13AM
The wads not perfect. I'll post here when it's improved.
You should be able to insert a different Mclaren by deleting all .GP4's and TEX files then pasting in new ones.
The Toyota according to the Author will not be fixed as he's working on 2003 Toyota.
Could you please post a link to the new cockpit view that your using here and also the steering wheel. Thanks :D
Date: January 21, 2003 03:11AM
Ok.
Schoeder has done generic, ferrari, mclaren and williams cockpits with antennae. You can find them here:

[www.gpgames.de]

You might also find interesting the generic cp made by Nicola Acciari, it's a little similar: Here is a preview link (I don't yet know how to attach pictures/ screenshots to postings here):
[www.gpx.it]

BTW: The steering wheel in the above screenshot is the Ad hoc studios model I mentioned.

You can get the wheel here:

[www.gpgames.de]

It is further down the list "Generic wheel for GP4" by Ad Hoc studios.

Thanks again. I'll be looking out for your updated cars.wad

Larry
Date: January 21, 2003 01:18PM
Have now got a much better anim and car wad. Fixed Cars flashing between LOD's, Pitcrew, Helmets, menu driver pictures, better grid line, AdHoc Generic wheel GP4 v1.0 and Schroeder's generic cockpit-shape. Can't get Ralph's MP417 on Wai Keen Lam's shape, the shapes there but it's mapped all wrong. LarryM, any chance you could send all files in your extracted wad relating to your Mclaren version.
That's all .gp4's and TEX for car skins. Would be great. thnx :D
adsl@richardavery.f2s.com
Date: January 21, 2003 02:43PM
ive got my version of the wad .. i changed some things

we never got an arrows with it did we? also we need try to find a great carshpe to fit with hummerichs tex's

Date: January 21, 2003 03:00PM
if we could get hummerich's textures on the carshape that came with the wad you made, it would be perfect

Date: January 21, 2003 03:47PM
Posted by: schroeder
i just made the jaguar r3 carshape with for ralph hummerichs textures.
you can download it.
with my cockpitshapes you have to see, i saw witch some new carshapes (jordan and my jaguar)that the front suspension comes thru the nosecone. but i think it´s only with the generic v.2 and the williams cockpt. it´s even shaped for it´s car. :)
Date: January 21, 2003 04:23PM
i put ralphs mclaren textures on the shape from the wad, they look ok but since i had to double their size it looks a bit blurry

Post Edited (01-21-03 23:30)
Date: January 21, 2003 04:33PM
Posted by: Alex13
So i have made my own cars.wad and anim.wad
I think it's the best thing to do...
I will try creat a new shape for sauber
I have never mede a shape with z-modeler. I used to create shapes for gp3. Is it easy with z-modeler?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 21, 2003 05:04PM
Posted by: genesis
"by a guy called Wai Keen Lam"

That's our very own Kudoz! :D :D

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: January 21, 2003 06:26PM
Posted by: LS.
genesis wrote:

> "by a guy called Wai Keen Lam"
>
> That's our very own Kudoz! :D :D
>
>

and my compadre' :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy