Awesome cars

Posted by AveryGPFan 
Re: Awesome cars
Date: January 18, 2003 03:40AM
Posted by: Alex13
Also both the files (anim+cars.wad) are when compressed with WinRar abou t 6MB only.... Very very small in adition to all tha changes these files offer, well... it's an unbeatable combination

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 18, 2003 05:03AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
so who's got the biggest and badest wads??
Anyone tried the new Arrows by M.Schroeder, original arrows shape is nothing like 2002arrorws. Damage model still unfixed - will have to test it.
Anyone Ace level drivers using a wheel and pedals fancy a one on one - head to head - bumper to bumper :D?????
Date: January 18, 2003 06:56AM
In an accident the parts will come off and also remian on the car - hopefully the AI will take itself to the pits!!
Date: January 18, 2003 07:02AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
omg.. that is simply awesome.. my gp4 doesn't look that good!!!

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: January 18, 2003 12:48PM
Posted by: schroeder
the thing in that arrows it:
when having an accident, the parts i added in the carshape will fall of and you see them on the track, but only grafially duplicated - not physically(otherwise i´d not released it).
and they still stay on the car. only the broken parts (like wing or supension) are missing. thats why i called the version 1.99.
the shape - you have to decide, i´m dtill learnig with z-mod.
Date: January 18, 2003 01:24PM
Posted by: Covfan
*Who's afraid of the big bad Wad, the big bad wad, the big bad wad*

Very impressive there. GP4 is really beginning to pick up in terms of quality. Unfortunatly my PC isn't, and still runs at a pace akin to Emile Heskey.
Date: January 18, 2003 03:40PM
Argggg.... This freakin PO teach Geoff C. is using is older than me!!!!! I hope if he makes another game he starts using new code to create his game. Nowdays games work with 60+ fps. I think tha GP4 needs Geforce FX + 2 P4 3Ghz CPU's to play with 60 fps

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 18, 2003 05:36PM
Hey Schroeder, great looking Arrows.
I've started using Zmodeler and am having real problems trying to get the skins on the car as they would appear in-game. I know it's Material Editor,
would be great if you could help me out. I'm on ICQ 178488095

A not so awesome looking car.....

Date: January 19, 2003 02:17AM
Posted by: mortal
When will we see some wads posted, these look great :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 19, 2003 03:21AM
Have sent in a request for a wad sharing section - don't know if it'll do any good!! :D
Date: January 19, 2003 03:26AM

Post Edited (01-23-03 02:13)

Date: January 19, 2003 04:09AM
Here's the wad for all the above.. you'll need winrar to extract - it's 8.23mb

[www.richardavery.f2s.com]

..here's the performance.GP4 to go with it - you'll need GP4 Perf. Editor by Damien Legros v1.20. Is very hard at ace level :D

this is my finely tweaked graphics.cfg file - if your using the original it will increase fps/decrease PO. Depends on preference though..

the anim wad..

and here's one of me flying round Brazil in a Mclaren very hot and very sweaty :D .. fifth place behind Montoya, could keep up but couldn't
catch him.

Post Edited (02-06-03 11:15)

Date: January 19, 2003 04:15AM
Posted by: Covfan
Looks amazing, I'll download it now and see if it works with my GP4
Date: January 19, 2003 04:23AM
I gues i will try this to... 9MB? I could make a RAR archive with cars wad and anim wad only 10MB.... Well never mind... I'll check this out

Date: January 19, 2003 04:44AM
yea, this wad is nearly 80mb won't affect performance though..
Date: January 19, 2003 10:38AM
Posted by: Xero
This was just wot I was looking for, saves me doing all the cars seperately from scratch! Thanks!!!

Date: January 19, 2003 11:00AM
Posted by: StefanGordon
Holy f*ck those are great!!!

Date: January 19, 2003 11:06AM
Posted by: StefanGordon
And will the .CFG work with GP4 v1.02?

Date: January 19, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: badi
...and how do I put in the performance? All i got is a txt. file????

Thanks for help!

btw: great stuff!!!!

badi
Date: January 19, 2003 01:14PM
Posted by: Xero
I have a problem with this wad!!!!!

I can have a quickrace no bother, but when I choose a practice session, the game crashes to the desktop... if it's not this, I suspect it may be something to do with the pitcrew tex files?! Any idea anyone?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy