GP4 Sound [RELEASED!!!] + Tutorial [WIP] PART 2 ADDED

Posted by Mitsuro Sano 
A MA ZING ! J'A DO RE !

I just love them, especially the Mugen and the 1997 Ferrari. That BMW seems to be that of 2001, but it sounds really strange in lower rev range. Could be a beta though ;)

Super travail Andry, great job Andry !

Mäth
Excellent work :-)

I've only tried the Mercedes 2010 and the Renault 2005 so far, and the external sounds too. They sound brilliant! Great work mate :-)

Are the V10 External sounds the only external sounds available? Just checking - they sound absolutely brilliant though!

Can I just ask a quick question, Andry..? I'm struggling to get my volumes and levels right.

When I view from Trackside Camera, the car I am viewing is fine but the other cars (Sample 137 and 138 if I remember rightly), seem really quiet - even if I turn the "Other Cars" volume up and my own volume down, etc.

These are fantastic sounds though, really realistic, just like you see on the TV. It's amazing how much difference the sound makes isn't it, driving is somehow more enjoyable and becomes even more addictive! And that sample you've got in the external/Trackside cameras is just fantastic - to achieve that "outdoor" feel to the sound rather than a more fake engineered sound is a real achievement. I think that's the best external TV camera sound that I've heard. I just want to get the levels right, because it's a bit quiet in comparison to the onboard/cockpit sounds.

Oh one more thing!! The upshift noise from cockpit is fantastic :)

Thanks very much (Y)
Hello guys...

Excuse my ignorance, but could not mount the engine sound, some good soul could send me the sound of the 1992 mclaren ready, please??

Thank you very much!

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
plodekk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello guys...
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but could not mount the
> engine sound, some good soul could send me the
> sound of the 1992 mclaren ready, please??
>
> Thank you very much!

I, ve already set this to you , Did you not get it?
M.Guenette Wrote:
> plodekk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hello guys...
> >
> > Excuse my ignorance, but could not mount the
> > engine sound, some good soul could send me the
> > sound of the 1992 mclaren ready, please??
> >
> > Thank you very much!
>
>
> I, ve already set this to you , Did you not get
> it?

OK, I thought you had forgotten or failed too, but I am hoping so.

Anyone who has managed to assemble it .BNK the 1992 mclaren and want to send me, thank you very much.

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
thanks alot Andry!

I do need some help though. Could someone do me a favor and install McLaren 2010 Internal sounds and V10 External and then send me the game_snd.bnk?
I did not manage getting it to work :(

Would be much appreciated! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2010 12:11AM by SkaaningeN.
Re: GP4 Sound [RELEASED!!!] + Tutorial [WIP] PART 2 ADDED
Date: August 12, 2010 07:09AM
Posted by: Pont
maybe someone could tell us how we have to install these internal and external sounds?? would be appreciated for those who are not that experienced.....
just read the readme
beleive me Briere, I have read the readme.. but I can't get it to work!

You just use Sample Editor to replace the numbered samples, with the ones from the pack that you want to use e.g. Mercedes 10, etc. You extract the samples then replace the numbered samples in Sample Editor with the relevant one from the Mercedes 10 pack. You right click on each sound in Sample Editor and click "Load Wav".

Where are you having problems? How far do you get?
Very nice work, thanks!

X (@ed24f1)
Maybe it depends on which game_snd.bnk file you update, I know I've tried updating 2 different game_snd.bnk files with the 2010 Mclaren files and the engine sounds nothing like as good as the demo on these pages hope someone can help with a game_snd.bnk file which sounds the way it's supposed to
Re: GP4 Sound [RELEASED!!!] + Tutorial [WIP] PART 2 ADDED
Date: August 12, 2010 06:50PM
Posted by: LWC
As ive said before the physics plays a role with new sounds

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
The sounds work great for me, but i'm having a small problem.

When i use the mclaren 2010 sounds, i get these moments when i don't hear anything at all for a fraction of a second.

When i use the Renault 2005 sounds, this does not happen.

So i used the renault 2005 engine.txt and used it with the mclaren 2010 sounds, and the problem goes away.

Of course it doesn't sound right with the wrong engine.txt, but there's something in the mclaren 2010 engine.txt that is making the sound disappear temporarily.

Could anyone share a light as to what needs tweaking, as when i look at a replay, it changes so the sound will be there when in real time it wasn't, and further down the sound will go when it was there.

I used a brand new sound file from a clean install of the game btw

LWC Wrote:
> As ive said before the physics plays a role with
> new sounds

Lee's exactly right - you have to use a physics configuration that includes an RPM range that the sounds are designed for.
TeamBPR écrivait:
> LWC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As ive said before the physics plays a role
> with
> > new sounds
>
> Lee's exactly right - you have to use a physics
> configuration that includes an RPM range that the
> sounds are designed for.

Yes, that's why I tried to make an engine.txt for some RPM ranges.
But for example, if you want to run with the McLaren 2010 sound, the physics would be only 18000 RPM ( or 19000 RPM if you run a 2007-2008 mod ).

@ralv585, I don't know what happened with the McLaren sound, I didn't notice that before, but yes I've heard the same thing than you... weird :s

@Skaaningen, Eric, do you get the original sound from tcam or the McLaren sound? If yes, then you didn't put the 100.wav to the slot 110, the 101.wav to the slot 111 etc... :)

@neilcaine, Lee's right

@TeamBPR, I do believe that you said people could have trouble running personnal engine sounds ( I tried long ago to put EA F1 2002's sounds into GP4 but it works once but then didn't work at all, getting annoying sounds... ), do you know how we can solve it?
> @TeamBPR, I do believe that you said people could
> have trouble running personnal engine sounds ( I
> tried long ago to put EA F1 2002's sounds into GP4
> but it works once but then didn't work at all,
> getting annoying sounds... ), do you know how we
> can solve it?

I think this is the worst part of doing sound updates, Andry :( You design them on your own system with your own configuration then people use them with different physics, sound cards, volumes, etc. and sometimes say it doesn't work or there are problems, etc. but you have no chance of solving them because everyone's set up is different.

I've noticed one thing though (maybe Lee has some advice on this), the volumes and settings are really sensitive and I think that's why sometimes the sound disappears. I'm not sure if it's more to do with the Vol Offset in the engine.txt or the sound levels within the game menu to be honest, I find one solution is to turn my volumes down to about 50% and then just turn my speakers up.. lol.

I think another factor to do with sounds disappearing is the track sound settings - like reverb, etc. if you notice, the sounds seems to disappear in the same place on every lap - at least it does for me! For example, at Canada, the engine sound often fades as I come through the last chicane then comes back a second or two later - perhaps because there is reverb as you get into the stadium section or something???

The Physics is a big thing though - if people are using a 20,000RPM physics file with your 18,000RPM sounds they just get bizarre sounds. I use 18,000RPM and use your 18,000RPM sounds and engine.txt so it works great!

Great sounds mate... I am loving your external engine sounds - I have modified your TSC engine.txt file a little bit on my game so the other cars are louder from the TSC and it really sounds stunning - fantastic stuff (Y)

Cheers
@TeamBPR

Any chance of sharing your TSC engine.txt?
I'd like the CC cars to be louder too

With regards to the missing sounds, i too find them to be in the same place, but these happen when i upshift from around 4th to 5th gear, it's random, as the next lap i'll have the sound.

I've also noticed that in wet conditions, it happens a lot more, especially under braking, where the car is sliding a little and just after the downshift.

I tought it might have something to do with the revs as well, i play with 18000 rpm, so it sounds exactly like your videos.

That's interesting... I wonder if it's something to do with skidding sounds or something. Perhaps it can only play a certain number of sounds at the same time so when something happens like a skid or something another sound like engine noise is muted.. hmmm. Frustrating!! :-)

There is also the configuration like Mitsuro was saying... you can specifiy how certain sounds are muted/played under acceleration and deceleration - I wonder if it's something to do with that.

Sure - I'm happy to send you my engine.txt - although you can't adjust the CC volume with it, you can turn your own car down a bit, so the CC cars are louder. But then you have a bit of an inbalance because from TSC you are quiet then louder from onboard/cockpit. So I have turned all the sounds down, including Onboard and Cockpit, so the CC are a little bit louder in comparison. I run the Other Cars volume at about 80% and it sounds great from TSC. Only thing is that from cockpit/t-cam the CC cars a little bit louder than I'd like. But the problem is that I think Gp4 uses the same sample for the CC cars for both TSC and Onboard...

PM me your email address if you like and I'll send you my engine.txt files.

QUESTION!!! Anybody know - does GP4 use the same sample for CC/Other Cars when in Onboard/Cockpit as it does for TV Camera views...??

Cheers :-)
the thing is that I think the external sound works but it sounds a little strange.

the internal sound does not work with any of the onboard cameras :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy