GP4 Sound [RELEASED!!!] + Tutorial [WIP] PART 2 ADDED

Posted by Mitsuro Sano 
i was tinkering with sounds back in 2003 and 2004 under user name kpiotrow.

unfortunantly i encountered a group led by ian woolem called "gp4sound" or something similar.
i released a few sounds to the community including 80s turbo sounds and 2003 and 2004 specific team sounds.

but i was bullied out of the scene, the gp4sound team or whatever they were called bullied me into stopping my work.
i had many ideas at the time, and had a good understanding of what everything meant in the .txt files and how they worked with the physics files, but they were the ''gp4sound" team, and i wasnt part of them, so i couldnt be accepted for what i tried to do as a young bloke. unfortunantly a few bad experiences in 'the community' gp4 site led by moral made me quit almost imediately.
Good luck to you Mitsuro, i hope you will work out the sound process, i nearly had it worked out 6 years ago, but can not give your any hints now, as i have forgotten it all by now. i can not believe its been nearly 6 years since i did this, i can not believe more people havent tried to edit gp4 sounds in all this time. your preview videos remind me of how i tried this sound editing, i remember the external sounds were the hardest, especially getting the computer cars to sound similar to the player car and at similar pitch and volume.

maybe if this wasnt such a terrible community, then i or someone else would have created excellent sounds by now. i remember when lee released some sounds a couple of years ago, i thought wow, this is great, finally! finally has made some sounds for gp4 in all these years! and they could have been so much better if he knew what to do with the .txt files and relating them to the physics files, and he released them to a community that has no idea, and all use different physics files, i felt like i couldve helped him out to make them so much better for everyone by explaining to everyone how they work with the physics, but i see no point in it on this website run by someone that is friends with someone like bigbrother, a person that has done more damage to the gp4 community since 2003 then anyone else. there was a time when people like bigbrother put other modders out of business, they tried to control the gp4 scene and it almost became a monopoly in the gp4 community duing 2005-2007, expecially with season mods. it killed much modding potential. and then this person with the worst attitude compared to anyone else in '"a community place'"" was let back in by his mate, that made me not read the forums for about 1.5 years through pure disgust. but i love this game, and had to return to these forums just to check the news again. (by the way, ive had about 3 user name in the last 7 years, but rarely spoke my mind, this time i am speaking my mind, as i noticed the other day that the mod has let someone back in after being banned 3 times).

In such a harrassed community, with a pathetic leader, i wish you the best of luck mitsuro, i hope you can release some great sounds for gp4, its long over due for the community to have some descent sounds for this game.
The things you describe there Kubica2 are so common amongst Forums. It's why I don't bother on most, because there is something strange about them that makes them nasty places. I can never get over how much showing off, putting down, criticising there is on Forums, I'm not talking about this one in particular. But I know where you are coming from with Forums in general. I haven't long returned to GP4 Forums myself, after a long time out from messing about with it. One of the most annoying things for me on Forums such as GP4 or any other modding community, is the ungratefulness you see. Somebody will work on something for ages, only for someone to flame it, or say "when are you going to do... " this or that. The other problem is the number of immature people on Forums, I'm a big kid, and I'm 30, so I expect adult conversation on Forums, which is not really fair of me unless they are specifically aimed at adults.

Talking of modding though, I agree with you - I like the idea of complete packages to install, but I have never installed one of these because I like to mod my own game. I always download individual mods and install them myself. I can see the appeal though to people who don't know how to mod the game themselves and just want an easy fix.

On to sounds...

You never got in contact with me regarding sounds ;-) I worked alone in making my sound updates in 2003/2004 and I really enjoyed it. I could have spent longer but it was just finding a time to stop it really because you can always improve. You are right, one of the toughest things is getting the AI cars right. I'm using my own revised version of my main sound package that I released several years ago, and to my ear it is still the best one. HOWEVER - that's because of my physics, etc. As you rightly point out - it's impossible to get consistency with sound packages because of the different physics, etc. and different sound cards, volume settings, etc. Some people used to comment on my updates saying they couldn't hear anything, etc. and there was absolutely no way I could diagnose it or fix it because they had a totally different setup to me. That's just part and parcel really, but frustrating none the less.

You should have got in touch with me because I could have done with someone working with me on the .txt side, although I spent some time learning it, it would have been good to have someone else who was familiar with it.

I am thinking of starting on a newer sound set again, probably aimed at around the 2008 time, rather than now, simlpy because I don't use 2009/10 mods in the game. If you wanted to get into it again, perhaps we could collaborate. My sounds are still the most downloaded on several GP4 Mod sites, and I'm sure they've been downloaded close to 100,000 times with the various sites not to mention the number of downloads I had off my own hosting. And that was on my own when I was fairly new to it, so it would be a good challenge to get into it again. Capacity for sampling and editing is much greater now which would surely be a big help. I'd be tempted to have another crack at it anyway.

MITSURO - sorry to hijack your thread a little bit here!! Still talking sounds though - and your work looks fantastic- very excited about seeing it...!! Keep it up :)

Cheers
if you can make this one it could be awesome :)

&feature=related
*cough* page 1 *cough*

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
when are these files available for download?
f1total Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> when are these files available for download?

Never ask a modder when their work will be released! ;)
TeamBPR Wrote:
> f1total Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > when are these files available for download?
>
>
> Never ask a modder when their work will be
> released! ;)

The number one rule of modding :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sure hope these sounds will be available soon !! My favorite has got to be the McLaren-Honda 1991-1992 sounds. Great Work looking forward to them !!
wasn't the whole Idea of this thread a Tut on how to do it yourself? I got me some samps, So I'm willing to try it out!!
I though Mitsuro said that these sounds will be released soon

Just wait guys, it's hardly the end of the world if you don't get these sounds tomorrow is it :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
@kubica, If this is such a harassed community, and with in your words, a pathetic leader, why don't you go elsewhere? Or you could start your own gp4 site, perhaps then you would get a taste of the personal attacks I have to put up with almost every time I log in here. I do this job because someone has to do it, I also love the game, and the community here, and I do the job as best I can while trying to remain impartial, which at times is not an easy task.
The site is still here after ten years, it costs 3000 euros a year to run, and it's for your benefit as well. There is a core of users that send money to keep us going, noted that you have never donated to keep us online, yet you find it easy to attack us. When you can send us a 100 euros a year like some here have done, and continue to do, perhaps then your opinions, misguided that they are, might carry more weight.
You could do well to try and see the good in things instead of trying to tear it down because it suits you. Just because you had a bad experience in the past with another site and another modding team does not tar us with the same brush. I'm well aware that you are entitled to your opinion, but some things are better left unsaid, for the benefit of the community as a whole.
So if we here, including myself, are so bad and so pathetic, take your criticism elsewhere, it is tiresome to say the least.
As for bans, I make those decisions, not you, and if I decide to let someone back onto the site, I have my reasons for doing so, and it's no ones business, it is between myself and whoever it I let back in. Take note that I've been asked to throw you off this site, but why should I, and for what? Requests in my pm box to ban someone are usually ignored, and that is in the rules as well. I will not be dragged into further argument on the subject, I've said my piece.
Back on topic please gentlemen.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
@Mortal , You have been a gentleman as I moderator has to be . But why you have allowed such bad words against the site and yourself ?

Ricardo
McLaren video further up the page
Date: July 24, 2010 09:26AM
Posted by: alexf1man
I would like to hear the McLaren (Mercedes) engine in the F1 game.

Slightly off topic stuff below:

If Button had won the Turkish GP with Hamilton 2nd (and all other results remain the same) Button would be on 140 with Hamilton on 138.

If Vettel had won the Monaco GP with Webber 2nd etc. Vettel would have 128 with Webber on 121, but at the minute it's the other way around :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2010 09:28AM by alexf1man.
Mitsuro Sano.... Any news on how your sound pack in coming along? Been checking in often in hopes of a release. After hearing your 91-92 mclaren sounds, i'm very excited at the idea of playing the 91 mod with them. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 08:31PM by M.Guenette.
I'm very busy this week, but I plan to release them maybe this week-end. :-)
Mitsuro Sano Wrote:
> I'm very busy this week, but I plan to release
> them maybe this week-end. :-)

Good news! :-)

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
All the sounds? (1991, 1997 and 1999)

grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
cleberpister écrivait:
> All the sounds? (1991, 1997 and 1999)
>
> grateful

At least I will try :-)
That is Great News Indeed !! Thank You !! ;) Very Much Looking Forward To These Sounds !! hot
TeamBPR Wrote:
> The things you describe there Kubica2 are so
> common amongst Forums...

Hey thanks for the kind words TeamBPR. i guess i never got in contact with you because i must have stopped before you started in 2003/04, I do remember your great work though, i came across your sounds in 2005 or 2006 and i use your sound in a couple of my seaon sets. At this time i only get to play gp4 about once a week and check this site not so often too (hence my late reply to you). I might send you a pm sometime, i have some of my modified personal sound laying around too, which i didnt release. i thought they were as good as guys like Lee released a couple years later. i remember i spent like 6 hours once fiddling with external sounds for 2001 season cars, using samples i ripped myself from videos of 2001 cars.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy