GP4 Sound [RELEASED!!!] + Tutorial [WIP] PART 2 ADDED

Posted by Mitsuro Sano 
Party-Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want it, I want it, I want it... Nooooooow! :)
>
> This will be installed for damn sure!

Do you like Muse, by any chance?

Mitsuro, great work on the sounds! I love the Ferrari 1997 one too :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
ENOOORME !!!!
j'en ai jamais entendu des si realistes.
j'ai hate de les tester.
Request time ! I's really like to have the Mugen Honda from 1999, in GP4 :)
Youtube sample :

Check your PM later (please gimme time to process the clips ;)) for more samples from Suzuka ;-)
Very good sound for 1999!!!

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Juste pour toi Brière, just for you!

Si tu as aussi la Ferrari de 1999, je suis preneur ^^

------------------------------------

I've updated also the part2 of the tutorial!

Ciao :-)
woah awesome :)
Thx! By the way, I've tried to make the McLaren 2001 sound, but it's an hard one, it's still wip :-)
You are too good sir!

Just a little question about these sounds, if you change the physics and make the engine rev lower or higher, will it make the engine sound more high pitched or lower pitched?

ralv585 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are too good sir!
>
> Just a little question about these sounds, if you
> change the physics and make the engine rev lower
> or higher, will it make the engine sound more high
> pitched or lower pitched?

Normally, the physics won't affect the sounds, only the engine sound like you said will sound more high pitched if the max RPM is raised. I mean, if you reduce the max RPM with the physics ( for instance, going from 18000 RPM from 16000 RPM ), the sound will sound like the Toro Rosso back in 2006 when they had a V10 limited to about 16000RPM. You can clearly hear that the engine can rev significantly higher, but there is a limiter.
But like Lee said, an engine sound will be suited best for one physics in particular, but it will sound good for other physics too. That's why, when I'll release those sound, I will give different engine.txt files to suit physics which have 16000, 17000 or 18000/19000 RPM ( 14000 for McLaren Honda and Williams Renault )
The honda Mugen sounds are simply amazing! I love these downshifts sounds! Very nice work! (Y):-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Mitsuro Sano, do you think it's possible to create some turbo sound and a Ferrari V12? Thanks
Merci merci ! That's soooo good :) Ferrari samples in the making now ;-)
Andry you got the high grade level of: ----- GP4 Sound Guru---- :)

fantastic job. The Jordan sounds are simply "real". chapeau bas!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:33PM by gezere.
@msater: I don't know Muse, to be honest. At least not their music :)

@Mitsuro: Great to hear that you are workin' on the McLaren sound and I'm confident that you will create a great final version!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

SK Racing - Shark F1 #10
very nice!!!

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Alonso's Renault

perfect (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Some transitions are a bit brutal I think. Especially in the lower range RPM. And the downshift sound seems too short.

Must be my big day at work that makes me hear things I wouldn't normally ;)
when are these files available for download?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy