ati graphics sux!!!

Posted by raztahz 
ati graphics sux!!!
Date: December 06, 2002 09:10PM
Posted by: raztahz
after the follow up with ati's radeon 7000/ VE.....and bump mapping problems... ati doen't support bump mapping rendering..." DO YOU BELIEVE THAT!" ati sux!! :(

i'm looking for a new graphics card maybe a Geforce 3 or 4....

can anyone estimate for me on a Geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb (if you have one)
fps it would have on a

pentium 4 1.7ghz 256mb RAM win2000?

or recomend a good graphics card for GP4

Re: ati graphics sux!!!
Date: December 06, 2002 10:52PM
Posted by: ferrariace
My Radeon 8500le runs fine with bump mapping on also you have a lousy card for gaming.
Date: December 07, 2002 12:10AM
you're DAM RIGHT

Date: December 07, 2002 03:23AM
Posted by: LS.
i'm looking for a new graphics card maybe a Geforce 3 or 4....

can anyone estimate for me on a Geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb (if you have one)

steer well clear of gainward boards, they are @!#$

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 07, 2002 06:38AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I have a 1.73 Athlon XP, 256mb ddr, GF4 MX440, win2000. I'm limited to 1024x768 cos of my 15" monitor, but I do get 31fps, its sweet. Maximum detail except video walls. Seriously consider an mx, their quite cheap, and damn fine cards.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: December 07, 2002 09:32AM
Posted by: Roly
That's funny, I'm running a Gainward Ti500 64 meg card and I'm up to 40fps with a p.o. of only 70ish in dry and 80ish in wet with everything on high
Date: December 08, 2002 02:17AM
maybe.... but i do like a nvidia Geforce4 ti 4x

Date: December 08, 2002 02:28AM
Posted by: mortal
Nvidia chipset is the way to go, MX is good ;-) If you can buy direct from a wholesaler and you will save some dollars, make sure it has at least 64mb of ddr on-board. GP4 has the rather amazing ability to perform radically differently on almost identical systems, drivers and your o/s might have something to do with that but you never know ;-) GP4 is like that, a right pain in the butt sometimes! But I reckon you might have sussed that out by now..... :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 08, 2002 04:43PM
Posted by: jed
Don't buy an MX. They are crap (GeForce 2 Ultra's are better, as are GeForce 3 ti200 and ti500!). At least get a 4200 if you want a Nvidia card, otherwise consider an ATI 9000. 7000's are why past use by date for todays software.

JED
Date: December 08, 2002 04:49PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
If you want the best right now, the ATI 9700 Pro tops the G4 4600 by about 20-30% in speed and much better in quality. I've seen this card in acition and it kicks ass

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: December 17, 2002 11:01AM
Posted by: Haldo
ATI 7000 is crap!!! It's a card of yesterday. You must by R8500 or higher.

---
&quot;Because the future is now.&quot;
Date: December 17, 2002 11:56AM
Posted by: Ellis
Don't buy an MX. They are crap (GeForce 2 Ultra's are better, as are GeForce 3 ti200 and ti500!

since this is a GP4 forum, im assuming he wants to know in relation to GP4. And Jed, i have to say that what u said is load of pish. The GF MX series is NOT crap at all. They are not as good as the Ti series, but they are defiantly not crap cards. GP4 ran perfectly with my GF2 MX, it ran perfectly with Nunos GF1 (yes ONE), and now it runs perfectly wiht my gF4 MX

The GF MX series is defiantly not "crap", so dont tell us that pish

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 17, 2002 12:30PM
Posted by: Glyn
GF4 MX cards are faster than any GF2, and have more features, but they have less features and less power than a GeForce 3 Ti200 upwards.

Date: December 17, 2002 02:22PM
don't worry i ready bought a GeForce 4 ti 4200 128mb....it works brilliantly... 38 fps everything on high.... its great :D

Date: December 17, 2002 02:39PM
Posted by: AthProject
Geforces 4 MX are only powered Geforces 2 MX. They don't support advanced DirectX 8.x features (pixel and vertex shaders), which you find in modern games today (I think also enviromental bump mapping in GP4 uses them).
After all, my old Geforce 2 GTS runs fine with GP4, almost everything on at 1024x786 @ 25 fps.

Go for the Ti4200 or, better, for the Radeon 9500 (which is a DirectX 9.0 compliant card).
Date: December 17, 2002 08:24PM
Ellis wrote:
> And Jed, i have to say that what u said is
> load of pish.

not as much as what you speak most of the time

> The GF MX series is NOT crap at all. They are
> not as good as the Ti series, but they are defiantly not crap
> cards. GP4 ran perfectly with my GF2 MX, it ran perfectly
> with Nunos GF1 (yes ONE), and now it runs perfectly wiht my
> gF4 MX
>
> The GF MX series is defiantly not "crap", so dont tell us
> that pish

is crap compared to the other cards on the market. Compare it with ATI cards at around the same price. ALSO NOTE THAT I SAID GeFORCE 2 "ULTRA" CARDS. Not geforce 2 MX cards......................... GeForce 4 doesn't fully support direct X 8 BTW

I have my opinion, you have yours.

some links for you to read (they will wrap)

[groups.google.com]

[groups.google.com]

[groups.google.com]

[groups.google.com]

JED
Date: December 18, 2002 03:30AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well look. What ever your opinion of GF4 MXs are, the fact is gp4 runs SWEET with them. I don't give a crap if the GF2 ultra is better, its also ultra expensive for what it is.

The GF4 MX is a great budget card. I get 28-32fps on 1024x768 (monitor limit) on GP4, so quite frankly you ARE talking pish, as the game runs perfectly well. And guess what? It'll run Doom III too. So stop talking about things you don't understand.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: December 18, 2002 05:13AM
-qwerty- wrote (a bunch of crap - not surprised really...):
>
> Well look. What ever your opinion of GF4 MXs are, the fact
> is gp4 runs SWEET with them. I don't give a crap if the GF2
> ultra is better

so you can have an opinion and I can't

> , its also ultra expensive for what it is.

good one genius, where would you buy one from now... except a second hand place.

>
> The GF4 MX is a great budget card.

never said it wasn't.
which one do you have mx 440 or mx 460. did you even know there were 2 different versions

> I get 28-32fps on
> 1024x768 (monitor limit) on GP4,
>

that's nice. it's playable at that rate. does the fps drop when there are cars around you? going up a resolution would mean the game would drop to under 24 fps (i would expect - since I can't try it). Not realistic to play games under 24 fps...

> so quite frankly you ARE
> talking pish,

what is pish?

> as the game runs perfectly well. And guess
> what? It'll run Doom III too.

yeah it will. at 20 fps with all detail off...

> So stop talking about things
> you don't understand.

you should heed your own advice

The geforce 4 ti series of cards are much better value for money now compared to the MX cards, if the only thing is true direct x 8 compatiblity and wanting to keep it for longer than 6 months.

why are you even replying to my message anyway...
Date: December 18, 2002 07:22AM
Posted by: Keithb
WOW!!! FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!!
Date: December 18, 2002 01:45PM
this is same thing wat happen with andrew scott......fight for something that none of our problems ..... queer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy