Bar 001(Conversion from F1C) Released by Nick!!

Posted by NickJW 
Re: Bar 001(Conversion from F1C) Released by Nick!!
Date: June 19, 2010 09:01AM
Posted by: kubica2
Ok new rule. anybody is allowed to modify anybodies cars and convert anybodys cars without permission, as now we have a new precedent in this forum. if an email was send to isi, and no reply was given, then you cant release. Ive just noticed LWC i think it is who owns another forum is also doiung this leach work converting stuff from a game people should be paying for.
Date: June 19, 2010 09:19AM
Posted by: LWC
ive converted these mods a very long time ago, its old news, and i did get permission from all authors,except the cars i converted from gtr2 and thats a 5 year old game and im pretty sure ive seen many other converts from that too,you better start looking around at other people who have converted stuff, im not the only one, i could give you a link to a website thats based solely on converts, shift and grid were converted about a week after their release and you complain about something i did years ago lol,you really need to get out more

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 09:38AM by LWC.
Date: June 19, 2010 09:35AM
Posted by: mortal
I decide who makes the rules around here. The original F1C cars have long been in the public domain, as have all the original GP4 cars, getting on for ten years now. To accuse someone of leeching from files that have been in the public domain for so long, and as pointed out, previously converted is a bit over the top. Give it a rest, just be grateful, yes grateful, that someone even goes to the effort, given the longevity of the game, and for the fact that you have somewhere to enjoy it. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 19, 2010 10:40AM
Posted by: NickJW
Ok good to hear mortal!

@Party-boy when i´ve watched the game Holland-Japan i will convert the ´99 jordan for you from f1c to gp4 and i will release it.

@All users from gpg i´m planning to convert all 2001 cars from f1c to gp4 and to make a mod from it. there needs to be done alot like helmets,physics,pitcrews etcc.... when you want to help(I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF YOU DID!!!:-)) send me a pm.

Nick

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
NickJW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok good to hear mortal!
>
> @Party-boy when i´ve watched the game
> Holland-Japan i will convert the ´99 jordan for
> you from f1c to gp4 and i will release it.
>
> @All users from gpg i´m planning to convert all
> 2001 cars from f1c to gp4 and to make a mod from
> it. there needs to be done alot like
> helmets,physics,pitcrews etcc.... when you want to
> help(I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF YOU DID!!!:-)) send
> me a pm.
>
> Nick

that's great, 2001 helmets are already done by kizz etc and can be found from gp4db.com (under the misc-helmets section) I can do some changes to those if needed.
But we already have the whole 2001 grid

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 19, 2010 04:56PM
Posted by: NickJW
thanx vesuvius i´ll keep that on mind;-)

@Ferrari2007 i know that but its always good to have mutliple mods to choose;-)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: June 20, 2010 08:53AM
Mortal i am greatful, EXTREMELY grateful, and thats why im on this website, especially this year it is amazing how much work has gone into modding 2010 season stuff for gp4.

But im not greatful of the lack of fairness in this çommunitÿ and the double standard. I can not believe a moderator can say that f1c cars are public domain.
THEY ARE NOT public domain, f1c is STILL sold in the shops! it is not some freeware public domain game. just because there are released converversions in the public domain, doesnt make it right, thats like saying any leeched software is ok once it is released into the public domain. People like you let those f1c conversions be released, you turned the blind eye, just because you can, just because you get to make the rules. I could argue that your rules have killed lots of modding potential, because there have been many first time modders in here who have made the mistake of breaking your rules and made the deadly mistake of modding one of the regular members cars, deadly because they have been slagged to death and not treated in any 'community place' manner, and then have dissapeared for good, when they could have been set onto the right path of modding in a nice way, welcomed into the community and they could have helped build the community. this could easliy have happened if you set the rules better and more fair, like instilling forgiveness in the regular members. In a community place, people are forgiven for their mistakes. And double standards should not be in place.
If someone writes to isi for permission to release a conversion, and they dont reply, then tough, no permission was given.
Date: June 20, 2010 04:02PM
I'm aware that ISI refuse to respond, and by not doing so, they are not saying we do not give approval, nor are they saying we do give approval, their silence speaks volumes. It could mean they do not care, however, that is a moot point, as it is a well known fact that the cars have already been converted by someone else, therefore it is a pointless exercise to prevent this one. If it is prevented here, it will only happen elsewhere from someone else sooner or later. I am not prepared to enter into a full blown argument on it, I've stated the facts as I see them. F1C is still being sold, on that point you are correct, it is also on torrents all over the net, and there are countless mods changing the face of the game, as done for GP4. So where were you when GP4 cars were converted for rFactor? Where were you when GP4 tracks were converted for rFactor? Cross platform and game conversions cannot be stopped, it's not my place and beyond my control.
I am very forgiving myself, having often let previously banned members back on site, however I cannot say the same for those that I have forgiven, they continue to carry their personal vendettas for perceived slights. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Many cases of the pot calling the kettle black. Unfortunate.
Personally, I see no reason to have a 2001 mod it done, as it's already been stated that a 2001 mod exists, and the f1c cars have already been converted and are available for download somewhere. Really it's an epic waste of time, when you can download a scratch built mod that is probably better quality. But if there's a demand for it, and it's been done before, I cannot prevent it. The job on the BAR isn't a very good one anyway, the helmet position is incorrect for starters.
For the record, I buy my games, (just last week I bought Race On) and I downloaded a lot of mods for F1C, that's my right to do that, same as I download or modify a mod for GP4.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
when Lee helped me to convert the F1C 2002 cars, I asked EA for permission. First it took very long for them to respond, second they said that they practilly did not care, because the game does not sell anymore. Im pretty sure it's okay to convert the standard F1C cars

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: June 20, 2010 06:23PM
ok mortal. Thanks for your civilised reply. I was scared i would get a scathing attack! but i made my oppinion heard. you say where was i on gp4 cars converted to f1c, i actually didnt know that happened, i dont play f1c i thought the game was crap compared to gp4, so i never followed what happened in that scene. but if that happened in the f1c community with gp4 cars, i would also disagree with that.
kubica2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok mortal. Thanks for your civilised reply. I was
> scared i would get a scathing attack! but i made
> my oppinion heard. you say where was i on gp4 cars
> converted to f1c, i actually didnt know that
> happened, i dont play f1c i thought the game was
> crap compared to gp4, so i never followed what
> happened in that scene. but if that happened in
> the f1c community with gp4 cars, i would also
> disagree with that.

it happends basicly with every game, rfactor,gtr,f1challenge,f12000,gp4 etc etc etc.

and about f1challenge rights, Ralph Hummerich did textures for the cars and he owns the rights for those not ISI and he has said on his site numbers of times his textures can be used if his name is mentioned...of course he doesnt have rights for shapes but textures yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 07:00PM by vesuvius.
Date: June 21, 2010 01:48AM
Anyway, Nicks conversion is not real flash, and everyone is saying why bother, because there's already a better 2001 mod out there, and the helmet positions look out of place to me but meh, I'm no expert. I'm also of the opinion that Nick should put into the readme that they are conversions and are free to use, asking for a credit to be given is a bit steep! lol.

Topic temporarily closed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 08:17AM by mortal.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy