GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Yep!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Wow lots of boost :-O hopefully saving mine will pay off in the long run.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

UPDATE

Performance files on the previous page have been updated to include team boost requested by Team Shadow Subaru.

Season 5 GPGSL CSM Mods Updated

Thanks to Ruben the CSM Mods have been updated with the latest driver and livery changes etc. New links are on P1.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
urmm mal i just tried the updated mod and it works fine, but my driver select picture is the pink "helmet of shame" whereas the mod actually has my helmet in? i feel left out...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
LOL, maybe you can fix that in your version? I've not looked at the mods myself, I'll do so later.
I may run the test session, see how I go for time.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
yeh yeh i can sort it on mine no problem, just saying for future versions ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Yes of course, no doubt Ruben will see your post and correct it for future ups. :-)

I'm aware that some driver pictures are not up to date, they will be updated another time.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
After the current season Jethro Walters will be taking a sabbatical from the GPGSL to focus on other activities. "Real Life", as it's known in the industry, has taken a stranglehold on his ambitions of a top-level drive for Season 6 and it's with regret he must sit on the sidelines and let others take the spoils, particularly since TSS are so bloody dominant.

"Meh."

Thus concludes the short press release.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After the current season Jethro Walters will be
> taking a sabbatical from the GPGSL to focus on
> other activities. "Real Life", as it's known in
> the industry, has taken a stranglehold on his
> ambitions of a top-level drive for Season 6 and
> it's with regret he must sit on the sidelines and
> let others take the spoils, particularly since TSS
> are so bloody dominant.
>
> "Meh."
>
> Thus concludes the short press release.

How are we dominant exactly? :-S We've not won for bloody aaaaaages!

I too don't follow the TSS dominance malarkey - this is possibly the most even season in the series' history, with 4 teams jockeying for position in the title race.

Just to prove this, take a look at how many times the same driver has won a race up to this point.

In Season 4:
Houston, 5
van der Voort, 3
Oakley, 2
Santilal, 2
Aleksander, 2
Stoddart, 1
Grant, 1
Greenhalgh, 1.

8 race winners in 17 rounds, sure - but Houston took 5 wins. As it stands in S5:

Aleksander, 2
van der Voort, 2
Kittleson, 2
Houston, 2
Cartwright, 2
Maverick, 1
Groeneboer, 1
Horváth, 1

Same number of race winners, but no-one has actually stepped forward and broken out of the pack in terms of race wins - which makes it a very tight championship, with consistency being key (as Mr. vDV has proven. :-(

Then again, if one of the 5 2 time winners wins three of the last 4 races (with another double winner winning the other) we would end up with S4 and S5 being identical - but with the way this season has been, that seems doubtful ;)

as Mr. vDV has proven. :-(

teehee!
This has definitely been the closest of the seasons that I have observed

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Next season, I shall be back.

That is all.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
I am unhappy with the amount of people who decided to boost when i want to boost. Allthough this looks like a race most would have pegged into the calender
I'd like a clarification of one of the GPGSL board members on this matter, Isnt Mr. Oakley banned....?

msater Schreef:
> Next season, I shall be back.
>
> That is all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Well yes, for this season, but not forever :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 10:27PM by Nickv.
Rico Wrote:
> I'd like a clarification of one of the GPGSL board
> members on this matter, Isnt Mr. Oakley
> banned....?
>
> msater Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Next season, I shall be back.
> >
> > That is all.

I'd recommend you read the rules, Rico ;) (I know there's a lot of them, but if you have an afternoon free, go nuts!)

GPGSL Rules
b) Drivers
When a driver receives a warning, the team boss will be notified by the GPGSL. He will need to make sure his driver is active in the series, it is his responsibility.
Warnings have the following consequences:
- First warning: only a 20 point perf penalty
- Second warning: a 20 point perf penalty + demoted to tester if racer
- Third warning: a 20 point perf penalty + forced retirement from the series for the remainder of the season

Phillip et. al. can return next season - and with the number of retirements and sabbaticals, we need all the returnees and newcomers we can get ;)

I have some ideas to make next season more interesting for everyone. I will explain at the end of the season as i am still working a few bits out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy