GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
I'm sorting the issues with the helmets out and i need the helmets of William Ward and Randy Winston. Thanks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
YEAH BABBY............alsome race
A lot of crashes....was a great race to watch, and participate....

IED's are running for a podium.....yeah we will go up there!!!!!!!
For those RD's that have the test mod, there's a new update on the way, thanks to Ruben. :-) Link via pm when it's available.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
hey hey! (activity post)

hey hey! (activity post)

Not good enough lol! ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I'm here, I was always here, and I always will be here ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
That feature race was good to read. :)

BTW, boost deadline was not posted with a date.....

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

The deadline is two days after the race drivers' race - but since we don't know when the race is yet, I suppose a date can't be given.

X (@ed24f1)
The textures of the racedrivers csm mod are now also sorted out, i only have to make some new gpi's.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Is there gunna be a racedrivers race at this circuit aswell?

(OKAY, you're right, i'll check the previous pages.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
ACTIVITY CHECK ANNOUNCEMENT
First round activity checks was done with 10 days window as new rules state (between july 29th and August 7th).
One warning/perf penalty was given, as ussually team owner has been notified.
Next window of mandatory posting is between August 8th and August 17th GMT.
Activity rules are on page one, under article 14.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 12:58PM by GPGSL.
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ACTIVITY CHECK ANNOUNCEMENT
> First round activity checks was done with 10 days
> window as new rules state (between july 29th and
> August 7th).
> One warning/perf penalty was given, as ussually
> team owner has been notified.
> Next window of mandatory posting is between August
> 8th and August 17th GMT.
> Activity rules are on page one, under article 14.

To be honest, having a 10 day checking period would make more sense if the races actually took place once a week so that people have reason enough to comment - after all, the Australian GP was 2 weeks ago now. The test drivers have a reason to comment due to the test driver race - but for race drivers, that reasoning is unavailable since there has been no race to pass comment about in the mandatory period of posting that has been put out.

I know that there have been issues with the mod in regards to the French GP, but in this sense, it would be more suitable if the mandatory posting period encompassed an actual race weekend (so say, between the Wednesday before the race to the Tuesday after the race) - that way it would be much clearer to see whether or not a race driver/team boss is active.

No offence, but if an actual race doesn't occur during the mandatory posting period, what's the point?
The more narrow window was brought in because last season we had a race every week, so that wouldn't cause the problems we have now.

I guess the GPGSL will look into it, because you bring up a fair point. The activity system isn't there for just giving penalties. So if there's nothing to comment on, not commenting shouldn't be penalised.
I agree with everything Diax F1 just said.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Nickv Wrote:
> The more narrow window was brought in because last
> season we had a race every week, so that wouldn't
> cause the problems we have now.

>
> I guess the GPGSL will look into it, because you
> bring up a fair point. The activity system isn't
> there for just giving penalties. So if there's
> nothing to comment on, not commenting shouldn't be
> penalised.

and the new 10 day rule was in the public survey and it went 17-0. 100% approval rate.;)

it's a fair point though, but what if someone makes a general interview (what's going on at Aston Martin f.e.) outside the race window you suggest.(wednesday to tuesday) and thus gets a penalty.

time windows are a lot easier to check (and actually checking if 40 people posted isnt that fun of a job), but we'll see what we can do.

also the vast majority of season 4 races were actually every week(end). we might have gotten a delay here and there, but as it was 14 day window it wasnt such a problem. EDIT: Nick mentioned that, missed it. so yeah from that standpoint 10 day didnt seem problematic and perhaps it explains why it went 100%.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 02:34PM by BAR#10.
BAR#10 Wrote:
>
> it's a fair point though, but what if someone
> makes a general interview (what's going on at
> Aston Martin f.e.) outside the race window you
> suggest.(wednesday to tuesday) and thus gets a
> penalty.

The race window I suggested would encompass the entire season if the races were 7 days apart - so that one race window leads into another. If they're not seven days apart, maybe this would work:

Widening the window - say from the Sunday before the race to the Saturday after: e.g.

Australian GP - 30.7-1.8 Therefore, the window would be 24.7-7.8.
By that logic:
French GP - 13.8-15.8 So the window would be 8.8-21.8.

The logic is to ensure one mandatory posting period leads straight into another to avoid the possibility of someone making a post outside of one.
does that include test sessions? free practice AUS took place on 29th, feature race qualy Le Mans Aug 10th.
or do you mean checking two separate sets of participants?

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
BAR#10 Wrote:
> does that include test sessions? free practice AUS
> took place on 29th, feature race qualy Le Mans Aug
> 10th.
> or do you mean checking two separate sets of
> participants?

I guess I'm taking the sense of a 'race weekend' too literally. :)

I'm going on the fact that practice is Friday, qualifying is Saturday and race is Sunday. (so say, test race qualy would be on a Thursday, maybe?)

So yes, it would include test sessions.
I can't see the problem for a race driver to make a comment on the exploits of his teams test drivers! I mean come on guys show some team spirit here!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I agree with somethings on rules. I agree that this time, test drivers needs to coment!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy