GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
I was on p6 before Copeman spinned me by trying to overtake with this impossible maneuver ;) So Raymond, if you really need to crash into someone, please choose Copeman next time :D

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
BAR#10 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Macca25 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BAR#10 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Anyway good feature race, liking the
> coverage,
> > > Chris , race could have been shorter, but I
> > > suppose its at RDs discretion.
> > > obviously now i am setting my eyes on the
> race
> > > drivers qualy and race.
> >
> >
> > Disagree, I think the race was a good length,
> the
> > more the better. Great coverage mate, well
> done.
>
>
> We talked about feature race being 10 or 15 laps.
> this was a full fledged race, it's all.
> but it is at RDs discretion-

i had a look at the rules and the pm i got and found nothing about race length. so i decided to run 100%.

and thanks again for the comments, i'm glad you liked it

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I did mention briefly that feature race -while main is 100% long - is shorter in the last minute PM i sent you guys, but no specifics. I suppose I thought someone else has given you specifics on that before as i even wasnt sure what exactly the agreement was, but did recall featured races discussed to be shorter.
I dont think we finalized or maybe forgot about it, so nothing is in rules apart from dicretion of RD.
anyway, thanks for the work and all's good, Chris.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
An excellent drive up the field by myself. Very very pleased.
The full race at Le Mans is 34 laps right? When there is a feature race for the testdrivers, how much shorter is the race compared to the race for the racedrivers? How much pitstops does a feature race for testdrivers contain?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
full race at Le Mans is 30 laps.

edit; as i said, i dont recall a finalized version, but one third/half with no or maybe one pitstop was discussed months ago iirc.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 07:48PM by BAR#10.
BAR#10 Schreef:
> full race at Le Mans is 30 laps.
>
> edit; as i said, i dont recall a finalized
> version, but one third/half with no or maybe one
> pitstop was discussed months ago iirc.

That's not right, this is what mortal posted before the new season began:

mortal Schreef:
> I need a working Nurburgring, the version I have
> is crashing when I try to load it. All other
> tracks on the calendar load ok.
>
> Season 5 Race Calendar - Weather - Race Distance -
> AI Errors
>
> 40 AI ERRORS 1. Melbourne rain-15% laps-42
> 40 AI ERRORS 2. Le Mans "Petit Sarthe" rain-0%
> laps-34
> 10 AI ERRORS 3. Suzuka rain-25% laps-35
> 40 AI ERRORS 4. Spa Francorchamps rain-0% laps-29
> 40 AI ERRORS 5. Barcelona rain-0% laps-46
> 40 AI ERRORS 6. Interlagos rain-0% laps-47
> 40 AI ERRORS 7. Hockenheim Old rain-0% laps-45
> 40 AI ERRORS 8. Assen rain-25% laps-42
> 40 AI ERRORS 9. Nürburgring rain-25% laps- not
> tested
> 40 AI ERRORS 10. Monza rain-0% laps-40
> 40 AI ERRORS 11. Montreal rain-25% laps-46
> 30 AI ERRORS 12. Dubai rain 75% laps-38
> 30 AI ERRORS 13. Adelaide (V8) rain-50% laps-40
> 40 AI ERRORS 14. Indianapolis rain-0% laps-48
> 80 AI ERRORS 15. Monaco rain-75% laps-48
> 40 AI ERRORS 16. Istanbul rain-25% laps-45
> 40 AI ERRORS 17. Silverstone rain-0% laps-42

The amount of laps is based on the average laptimes and the maximum lenght of 1 hour for a race.

The maximum length of a race for testdrivers should be 40 minutes with 1 mandatory pitstop.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Ed has made the magic data with 2/3 of f1 length in trackpack, basically one hour races.

as for feature race, one of the reasons it's shorter is that RD has less to do

GPGSL career;
I have the dat file of petite Le Mans with corrected amount of laps, magic data and TSM is not required to run the race. If the race director is interested, i could upload it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

these number of laps are not on page one, so Ed hasnt seen it.sometimes we're not synchronized in GPGSLRS , so double info can happen.
I apprecciate your effort, Ruben, but now trackpack preceeds what Mal posted as everyone has it (available on page one) and pitstops in the pack are made proportionally to it.
the magic data in trackpack is a-ok.(with a Dubai needing pitlane value entry change as cars spin in the rain entering , while okay in dry)
60 minutes is meant as around 60 minutes so we were never calculating exact number to the second.

30 laps is 56 minutes, so all good.

also trackpack is done with slipstream.ini in mind, so we need it for correct track order

edit: number of laps has sometimes been adjusted actually, but why bother now..
i suppose you can, it wont hurt, but as far as i am concerned it's all set.

GPGSL career;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 08:47PM by BAR#10.
I just want to coment on my performance with one action *facepalm* ;)
I adjusted the laptimes slightly so that all lap numbers were divisible by 3 (so there could be equal race stints). I based it on circuit length, not laptime - based on that being the same way that f1 lap counts are worked out.

X (@ed24f1)
damn! had hoped for better! but getting stuck in the pits is not good!! started 15th finished 15th hehe...bring on Suzuka! Usually a good track for me! :)
The laps in the current S5 track pack are correct. What I posted was based on lap times, not race length. I forgot that feature events can be shorter, which is why it was run at the 100% race length. but we can change that for the next feature event, and that depends on having a guest RD for it as the normal RD will not run feature events.
I have no idea who is running Suzuka, as no one has nominated for it yet.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Nice result for Aston Martin even though John had a spill. Although John had problems, John had a storming race from the back. So in brief John did well and John did fairly well, my god too many John's!

It was also fantastic for me to take 5th too, so you could say Aston drivers were 5th, 6th and 7th, but then my names not John! ;)

Great coverage Chris! Fantastic! :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
thx :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Has anyone seen John?.....

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Here!

I'd propose to use JW and JM as abbreviations from now on, cause I have the same problem all the time when talking about John....see?;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I'm right here :D I did comment on the Testers race
Guys, I just started a new job today and the track loading .ini is crashing in csm randomly, yet sometimes it decides to work.

If you guys don't mind hanging on a bit more, I have work tomorrow too, so won't be able to sort it until I am back. Sorry for the wait, first time I have done this!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy