Date: November 14, 2002 02:31PM
Posted by: Larry
Re: Good news for car editing
Date: November 14, 2002 02:44PM
Posted by: Ellis
seen these at high gear

more than one editor may not be a great idea, u could have no "standards"

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 14, 2002 05:51PM
Posted by: andrew_S
hey i can log in again! whoohoo its been a week or so! lol

anyway i cant see where you are coming from ellis, there is no such thing as standards, the fact of the matter is that gp4 only accepts one file format, as long as you can convert from it to anything and back from anything that is not a problem, i think thats what you mean by standards but im not too sure anyway, heres an extract of what i posted at another site in relation to this

this is exactly what we need! i have several cars lined up in zm, including my tyrrell 003, a lotus 49 and a lotus 72, the last 2 require a bit of work though so for now they will stay in the background, pluss a btcc pug im working on for an f1 2002 mod, looks like the gp4 objects are a lot though, lot to be seen and got your head round, damn, looks like quite a bit of modification needed to my files from that shot, but of course we need to learn how this thing works first of all, and how to get it back into the game, textures included which is the important part, how gp4 handles them, and how we create them from scratch, ive not really looked into that area of gp4 yet, problem is that i doubt many other people in gp4 know how too use ZM, as this program is sort of from the other side of the world in terms of the games and communitys, anyway, just one word of warning, ask before converting others work, and learn zm yourself, after a while its an easy program to use, and an easy program to teach yourself without tutorials, if you just sit down for a day or so and mess, which isnt too long really, so get learning!!!
Date: November 15, 2002 05:19AM
anyway i cant see where you are coming from ellis, there is no such thing as standards

what i meant was look at GP3

Everything was rleeased in GP3 Edit format, and then GPxPatch format.

This made it harder to use CSC 2000 because alot of the things couldnt use it to install, they required something else

Same COULD happen here, as we appear to have now 3 car editors in progress. The way in which they read the files would obviously be the same, but the way in which they store them could possibly be different

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 15, 2002 12:23PM
Posted by: andrew_S
not really, i see your point but again as long as we dont get 2 car editors/gp3 genious's that is not a problem as they will always be in a format, loadable into gp3 genious, and i doubt people will release raw 3ds, z3d, vrml, files for example, so that really eliminates the problem i think anyway :-)
Date: November 15, 2002 04:30PM
Yes, but Genious isnt going to have a "real" file foramt i dont think. It is going to save the files as wrl files (i think) so the likes of autocad can use them.

If Paul Hoad is still working on his editor, i dont think it is going to be the same, as in a convertor, its going to be another editor like GP3Car Shape Editor

Therefor u might end up with some cars needing Pauls ediotr, and some coming in wrl format to be used in genious

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy