GP4 Builder - Help with importing track cameras?

Posted by Storm22 
GP4 Builder - Help with importing track cameras?
Date: March 18, 2010 12:42PM
Posted by: Storm22
Hi,
Apologies if this is covered here somewhere, I couldn't find specifically what I was looking for.
I'm using GP4 Builder 1.350. I'm creating my own camera settings for certain tracks. I enjoy the workflow of doing this but I was wondering if I could enhance this by actually seeing the textures within the 3Dview, is this possible, it would be easier this way? If I'm just working with a .dat file I know I'm just working with wireframe. I have my files saved as a .dat & .cam file.
However, I can load up a track (.gp4) with converted textures no problem, but it seems I can't import my saved cameras, the import option is greyed out. Is it possible to do this, am I doing something wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

to import cc, trackcam & objects you just go to the menu FILE, IMPORT and you select what you want to import. I suggest you just open the .dat file and import it first like written here :-)
Re: GP4 Builder - Help with importing track cameras?
Date: March 18, 2010 12:48PM
Thanks for the reply.
It seems my import options are greyed out though, I can't import anything, as in my pic above. I'm confused.

can you upload the .dat file, i'll test it here for you :-)
Date: March 18, 2010 01:03PM
Thanks again.
Maybe it's me that's not understanding things. If I have my .dat file open (Suzuka with personal cameras) I can't import a .gp4 file.
If I have a .gp4 file open (Suzuka track), I can't import anything.

ah you don't have to import a .gp4 file, trackcams have .tcm as extension

Can you upload your suzuka .gp4 file so i can check maybe its locked but i doubt it !
Date: March 18, 2010 01:11PM
Can I upload a file that size?

you can rar it then the size won't be that big, use a site like rapidshare, mediafire, hotfile to upload it please
Date: March 18, 2010 01:15PM
OK, cheers mate, I'll sort that out now.

Date: March 18, 2010 01:19PM
Here we go.
Suzuka

Thanks alot Bigbrother for your time & patience with helping me, I'm very new to this.

No problem at all, glad to help for members that appreciated it and the game gp4 :-)

Yeah i can import either things, there must be something with the .gp4 file.

I suggest to post your problem in this forum: RealGPx Website cause Laurent is the author of gp4builder maybe he knows a solution of for your problem.
Date: March 18, 2010 01:30PM
OK, I'll do that.
Thank you once again for your help. (Y)

I accually only use the wireframelook when I change the trackcams, works great still!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
SkaaningeN Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I accually only use the wireframelook when I
> change the trackcams, works great still!

did you get a look for marlield yet eric?
Date: March 18, 2010 01:33PM
Yeah, I too enjoy working with the wireframe. I just feel it'd be easier & cooler to be able to see the full textures while working on them.

Bigbrother (Steven right?) ;)

No, I havn't. I'll maybe take a look later tonight :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: March 18, 2010 02:36PM
Posted by: Willb
Maybe im wrong, but aren't you supposed to open the .gp4 file with the dat in the same folder. Then Both are opened. Then you can change track cams while seeing all content from the graphical part of the track (from the .gp4.). At least this is how i always do it.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 02:37PM by Willb.
Date: March 18, 2010 02:47PM
Willb - Fantastic! Yes, I should have realised. I've put the .dat file in the same folder as the .gp4 & now I can create my track cameras in a fully textured 3D view!

Thank you so much! (Y)

Date: March 18, 2010 02:55PM
I just wanted to add that the beauty of this way is that you can see if any objects intrude the viewpoint, which saves you having to do trial & error, back & forth between the editor & the game!

thx Eric

nice thinking there will :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy