CC Lines: Barcelona, Sepang, Hockenheim

Posted by Ho3n3r 
CC Lines: Barcelona, Sepang, Hockenheim
Date: March 08, 2010 08:32AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Hi

Yes I used search first, and checked Burazel's thread, to no avail.

I am looking for Original GP4 Barcelona, Sepang and Hockenheim tracks which have improved CC Lines from the original versions. Because the drifting effect is frankly annoying.

You know, like the left hander after the back straight at Barcelona where you struggle to keep it off the grass with keyboard without losing too much time.

Or Sepang, where at the double right handers at the back of the circuit where if you go in a little too fast you're doomed. Or if you brake slightly too late at the 2nd last corner you can't go right anymore because it's like a new CC line via the grass has formed.

Also at Hockenheim's whole stadium section you can't drive as fast as the CC's as it feels like you're drifting wide at every corner. And no, it isn't only a lack of downforce. I lose over a second at that section alone. Especially the last corner is problematic.

Any help regarding this would be very much appreciated...
Re: CC Lines: Barcelona, Sepang, Hockenheim
Date: March 08, 2010 08:58PM
Posted by: shep34
Totally agree with the Sepang issues! That track is almost un-raceable on keyboard, with the element of doubt every lap when approaching that double right hander section. Get slightly off line or a bit too fast, and straight off into the gravel...
Date: March 19, 2010 08:17AM
Date: March 19, 2010 09:31AM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
Yes, i have the same point, and Silverstone exit pit-lane the cc-cars stops

Have anyone a good cc-line off Magny cours 2004, when cc cars are goinig to pit they losing a lot of time.

I have a slow computer, that's why a race on the 2004 tracks.
Thanks
Date: March 19, 2010 10:41AM
Posted by: skyline86
You should try Magny Cours 2008 by F1virtual .
Date: March 19, 2010 10:45AM
Yes, all tracks at f1virtual.blogspot.com gets 10 out of 10 from me.

But I still need better CC lines for the original Hockenheim(!), Barcelona(!!!) and Sepang(!!) tracks. Please, anybody.

I've tried updating it myself via GP4builder, but I'm just crap.
Date: March 19, 2010 11:08AM
Posted by: mansell92
Yeah, I would like to get a hold of these too. I don't find Barcelona all that bad but Sepang and Hockenheim are really annoying and not much fun to drive at all with a keyboard.
Date: March 19, 2010 01:20PM
Posted by: phantaman
Barcelona & Sepang CC-Lines ;-)

[www.4shared.com]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 19, 2010 01:26PM
Good stuff phanta, will try them tonight! Do you know who the authors are of these???

Thanks a lot!
Date: March 19, 2010 01:28PM
Posted by: skyline86
I play GP4 with logitech momo racing wheel. Does it need cc-lines? What is cc-lines? Does it affect AIs?
Date: March 19, 2010 01:30PM
Oh it was you yourself! Thanks man... Confirming, this is for original circuits? Will you be so kind to do Hockenheim if you have time, some day in the future? Only the stadium section really.

Skyline, if you play with a steering wheel, no need to worry about this at all...
Date: March 19, 2010 02:28PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff phanta, will try them tonight! Do you
> know who the authors are of these???
>
> Thanks a lot!

the sepang cc-line is a conversion from GP3-2000 (original data) ... for barcelona idem except at the end (obviously) :p

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: March 19, 2010 02:35PM
skyline86 Wrote:
> I play GP4 with logitech momo racing wheel. Does
> it need cc-lines? What is cc-lines? Does it affect
> AIs?

who uses a wheel has no idea that in a keyboard is different... i think affects HUMAN PLAYER (also) :p

Date: May 20, 2010 02:32PM
Back to this topic, forgot all about this, but:

Phantaman, I tried your Barcelona one and it doesn't work, it's all over the show from the middle of the track.

Are you sure these were made for the original Barcelona & Sepang tracks?

Thanks for the effort though, don't want to sound un-appreciative of your very time-consuming work :)
Date: May 20, 2010 02:59PM
Posted by: jucksman
I also play using keyboard and used to have these problems specially in sepang, but I found a way around that by fine tuning my setup. In these sections I can't actually be faster than the computer cars, but at least I can match their pace and fight in equal terms...New cc lines would be good, but adjusting the car is also fun... :-)
Date: May 20, 2010 03:12PM
Good Tip. But I really just want to get in the car and drive one full race say twice a week, I REALLY don't have the time for tuning the setups and learning what each miniscule detail does. I really wish I could, but then again I really wish my real occupation was an F1 driver.

Thanks for the help though.
Date: May 20, 2010 04:49PM
Posted by: jucksman
Another tip: you can also edit the performance files to make the cc cars a little slower around those problematic tracks. It worked for me before I learned how to set the car up.. :-)
Date: May 20, 2010 08:43PM
Posted by: celinho
Ho3n3r, the ideal is to work on car setup for each of the circuits.
Not on developing a new CC-lines, performance, AI, grip ... etc. .. etc ...
The most important is the SETUP of the car.
Imagine the work you do every time you play a CC-line change.
I always played with keyboard and always enjoyed myself even in those circuits that you are having difficulties.
Take time and work the setup, you will see much that is more interesting your GP4.

Ho3n3r, o caminho ideal é trabalhar no setup do carro para cada um dos Circuitos.
Não adiante desenvolver uma nova CC-lines, performance, AI, grip... etc.. etc...
O importante mesmo é o SETUP do carro.
Imagina o trabalho você quer todas vez que for jogar modificar uma CC-line.
Sempre joguei com teclado e sempre me diverti muito mesmo nestas circuitos que você esta tendo dificuldades.
Tire um tempo e trabalhe o setup, você vai ver o tanto que fica mais interessante seu GP4.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: May 20, 2010 09:56PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> Back to this topic, forgot all about this, but:
>
> Phantaman, I tried your Barcelona one and it
> doesn't work, it's all over the show from the
> middle of the track.
>
> Are you sure these were made for the original
> Barcelona & Sepang tracks?
>
> Thanks for the effort though, don't want to sound
> un-appreciative of your very time-consuming work
> :)

as informed before... the cc-lines are a conversion from GP3-2000... except for barcelona (in the end isn't).

Célio? my friend... i have to disagree with you :/

work best in the setup? OK... but this is not the point. analyze and compare the other gpx series and see... there is great data divergence regarding magic-datas, performances, physics and cc-lines ... i'm happy fly virtually old & new tracks, not "slide" as if on in ice. ;-)

and yes... is important develop new things, but not without looking in the past for compatibility... datas are combined together and one does not works well without the other being balanced... modify an item and have differences in others... find the point is difficult but not impossible ;-)

[]'s

Date: May 20, 2010 10:04PM
screens :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy