CC Lines: Barcelona, Sepang, Hockenheim

Posted by Ho3n3r 
Re: CC Lines: Barcelona, Sepang, Hockenheim
Date: May 20, 2010 10:18PM
Posted by: celinho
Celso, I also agree with you, new things need to be developed and created to break the same, unchanging.
I presented an alternative for the problems in these circuits.
Everything can be improved and will be improved, but how to do it is not easy, especially when it comes to the CC-line.

Celso, também concordo com você, coisas novas precisam ser desenvolvidas e criadas, para quebrar a mesmisse, o imutável.
Apresentei apenas uma alternativa para os problemas nestes circuitos.
Tudo pode ser melhorado, e será melhorado, mas como fazé-lo não é fácil, principalmente quando se fala em CC-line.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: May 20, 2010 11:03PM
Posted by: Cyberacer
skyline86 Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
> I play GP4 with logitech momo racing wheel.
> Does it need cc-lines? What is cc-lines?
> Does it affect AIs?

cc-lines are the racing lines around the track.
AI cars drive exactly on the cc-lines.
Human players also drive MAINLY on cc-lines and keyboard users are more affected than those driving with a wheel, because keybord driven cars use the cc-line as the standard route to follow.
Finally I have to say that ALL HUMAN PLAYERS (=all wheel or keyboard users) are affected on driving, because cc-lines have more grip than the rest tarmac surface.
The difference in grip is not so obvious in GP4 Formula1 mods, but if you drive some GP4 mods of formula-series with lower downforce and lower tyre grip, the diference is more than obvious.
Especially at wide turns of medium speed, if you get to driving out of the cc-line, the car starts slipping to the outside...

Date: May 21, 2010 11:33AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
I think the point is being missed here. The CC line doesn't make me slower, but one miniscule error on a corner i.e. little too late braking on sepang double right handers can cost you more than a second, and you can't correct it nearly as fast as you would in real life. It has a feeling of pushing you to the gravel.

Sepang is in fact one of my best tracks - that is if I don't push it too hard so that I make a little mistake. It only happens once or twice a whole race, but it upsets my rhythm.

Anyone who has driven original Barcelona with a keyboard, however, will attest that CC Line does affect your performance.
Date: May 21, 2010 03:25PM
Posted by: celinho
(Y)

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: May 21, 2010 11:00PM
Posted by: jucksman
To me, it all continues to boil down to setup...like in real F1, the double right handers at sepang are very tricky and one mistake can and will cost a lot. I think, next to shanghai and nurburgring, it's one of the most unforgiving tracks I have ever driven.
I know you like to just jump in and have fun, but great part of the fun of playing a simulator instead of an arcade game is exactly having to work harder for your wins and it's a great feeling when you realize your lap times are dropping and your car's pace is improving lap after lap.
It doesn't solve your problem, but with a bit of extra work I'm sure you'll be able to attack the hardest corners as you wish to.

Good racing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy