How is GPL in the wet anyway?

Nice n scary :)

Re: so geoff about GRAND PRIX 5???
Date: October 17, 2002 06:42PM
Posted by: jed
>
> Im yet to see an F1 race at night, or black clouds during the
> day :)

yeah no race at night but the comment was made about never seeing a black sky... OK. very dark gray clouds then. Spose it never rains where you live anyway...

>
> i have 1,7Ghz, GF4MX, 256Md RAM, and yet GP4 dont run that
> great.
>
the 1.7 ghz pentium (and 1.9 and possibly earlier ones) has a smaller cache than all pentium 4's. GF4 MX - comparable to a GeForce 2 Ultra. Not a worthwhile investment sorry, even if it was a 440 or 460 type. if you ran XP i wouldn't think 256 meg of ram is worth it, and if you have a pentium 4 unless you have ddr 266 or better, or rambus ram - your pentium 4 runs more like an old pentium 3.

> Ah but you see, all my games runnSUPER smooth except GP4
> (runs average), and NASCAR (barely runs at all). All my other
> games run at amazingly fast graphcs and amazingly high res
> and detials.

what games? give examples. back up your comments with some evidence so we all don't just think your saying things to get a rise from people.
Date: October 17, 2002 06:47PM
Posted by: jed
the brightness in the gp4 graphics need to be dulled a bit. rain drops look cool but....

damn the sky is gray as well... i should have taken screenshots of my pouring with rain, blue sky qualifying session...
Date: October 18, 2002 02:50AM
Posted by: Glyn
Thats one thing ive noticed with games... when its raning in the game they dont reduce the amount of light. When you watch F1 on the telly everything go very very dark, GP4 and co. keep the same light level.

Date: October 18, 2002 06:40AM
Posted by: Ellis
"yeah no race at night but the comment was made about never seeing a black sky... OK. very dark gray clouds then. Spose it never rains where you live anyway..."

er, no, it wasnt actaully

you asked why the sky wasnt black when it rained - and we answered - cos rain clouds arent black, and u said

""So you don't go outside at night then? I see black clouds overhead quite often in storms. Black / Gray skies when raining then...""

well F1 aitn at night - therefore GP4 is correct, and you are talking out your arse :)

"what games? give examples. back up your comments with some evidence so we all don't just think your saying things to get a rise from people."

F1 2001
F1 2002
Half Life
Max Payne
Toca Racer Driver

As you can see, most of those games are very hardware hungary, yet i run them all full blast.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 18, 2002 08:28PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
GP1 actually, when behind a car, made everything kinda grey and harder to see, when you were in the 'spray' of another car... which was cool. However I don't think things need to be a whole lot darker just because there are clouds in the sky! Clouds make it rain and a TAD darker, but the whole screen shouldn't be made darker, as we are not racing at night, we still have the sun shining[and it wouldbe night if the sun's light didn't make it through the clouds]
Date: October 20, 2002 04:05AM
Posted by: Glyn
I know what your saying, and ive come to the conclusion getting this realistic in games will be hard. When it rains in real life sometimes it stays bright, but other times it goes dark. Simulating this in a game would be very difficult, and really the feature - although it would look nice - wouldnt really add anything to the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy