so geoff about GRAND PRIX 5???

Posted by raztahz 
so geoff about GRAND PRIX 5???
Date: October 15, 2002 06:57AM
Posted by: raztahz
if geoff crammond was to make grand prix 5 which i think will be based on the 2002 season, he would either:

a) clean up his act and stop apologising about the games bugs

b) pend more time on the game rather than rushing it in the process which causes him to have bugs

c) listen to f1 fans

d) pt in proper penalties stop/go in the pits

e) introduce a safety car

f) fix up flaws and patches

g) i like to see a career mode by the way...

h) like you said "nothin gets closer" you BETTER!!

g) balance the graphics and the proccesor on fps

i) remodel some cars with a bit more detail

wats after i ???

oh yeah

j) fix up that t cam view of the cockpit and helmet!!! (the hand on steering wheel okes 2d)

k) last bot not least, satisfy your costomers cause were the ones buying your game!!!

who agrees!

like you said NOTHIN GETS CLOSER" so live to dat reputation!

Re: so geoff about GRAND PRIX 5???
Date: October 15, 2002 07:07AM
Posted by: Ellis
he would put in as much as he can to make it as real as possible cos GP5 will be the last one in the series and he would want it to be the best it can be

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 15, 2002 08:05AM
Posted by: Boomy
I seriously doubt a GP5 will grow before 2005,if so.

Moreover that is only a dreams-list and for sure , working on a 10 years old-engine , it will be impossible to do like that.

Realistically he could work as external in GP4 patch instead.It should be better appreciated.

Boomy
Date: October 15, 2002 12:04PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Honestly I lost my faith in this guy. I doubt GP5 will be that much different from GP4.

Date: October 15, 2002 12:12PM
Posted by: LS.
he needs to ditch the shitty game engine, i'm sick off all the P/O stuff

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 15, 2002 12:13PM
Posted by: Glyn
Dont loose your faith! You have no idea what happened behind the scenes. So far all fingers point to IG wanting GP4 out at the same time as F1 2002 when it wasnt ready

Date: October 15, 2002 12:40PM
Posted by: gnoppi
I agree with you.

Greed has taken its toll...
Date: October 15, 2002 06:24PM
Posted by: jed
why does PO worry you?
Date: October 15, 2002 06:32PM
Posted by: LS.
its the whole shebang thats been carried over from gp2

its out of date

geoff should have developed a new engine that runs better on lower systems

take a look at the 4 year old GPL as a example

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 15, 2002 11:20PM
no he shouldn't. don't compromise the technology of the game so people can play it on systems that are so old. You should up date your system every 2 years, otherwise you get left behind anyway. Especially in games. New graphics cards every 6 months...

Comparing a game from 4 years ago makes no sense in this conversation. Why did you bring that up?

Who cares what the PO is? All your doing is playing the game? Surely you don't switch and check you emails while you are in the pits.

PS: You know if you click on the "Reply To This Message" link it actually appears under the message you are responding to if you are currently viewing it...
Date: October 15, 2002 11:25PM
How many safety cars have been deployed in the season just complete. I can only remember 1 and that was in Melbourne...

Is it really that important?

Give me formation lap.
More car setup options.
Mid week testing of cars.
Ability to assign any command to a button on a wheel/keyboard.
Option to have lap times and position differences (+/-) audible.
Cars all modelled as they really are (a step up in GP4).
Steering wheels modelled as they really are.
Black sky when it is raining.
Force feedback that is believable.
Date: October 16, 2002 01:34AM
Posted by: Roly
Do you realise that some of the people on this forum can't actually afford to keep upgrading their computers for various reasons?
Date: October 16, 2002 03:03AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

JC, ur an absolute moron. LS' point on the way GPL can run is extremely valid, he's showing that a good looking game CAN run properly, even on lower machines. And like Roly said, no one can afford to update every two years.

Date: October 16, 2002 03:07AM
Posted by: Glyn
I do understand that a lot of people cant afford to upgrade their systems, but if games didnt progress we would still be in a res of 320x240 in 2 colours. Games are progressing at a steady rate, and my 1 and a half year old PC still plays modern games at nearly full detail, so I cannot complain. When I bought it I spent £1600 to buy the best, and as a result its probably saved me money now cos the only thing Ive upgraded is the video card.

Thing is, when developers are developing games, they have to make sure they take modern PC's to the limit, and to still run on slower PC's, but there is a cut off point where complex physics simply wont work on slower PC's. Thats why now you'll see most games NEED at LEAST 700 MHz in order to play them. Now considering the fastest CPU is nearly 3 GHz now, thats quite a large range of different speeds they have to develop for.

Date: October 16, 2002 03:22AM
Mike, i think u mean jed, not JC!

"How many safety cars have been deployed in the season just complete. I can only remember 1 and that was in Melbourne...

Is it really that important?"

Is it part of f1? Yes, therefore its improtant - is it important to have 11 different steering wheels? Why? You wont be looking at them much.

"Give me formation lap.
More car setup options.
Mid week testing of cars.
Ability to assign any command to a button on a wheel/keyboard.
Option to have lap times and position differences (+/-) audible.
Cars all modelled as they really are (a step up in GP4).
Steering wheels modelled as they really are.
Black sky when it is raining.
Force feedback that is believable."

"Cars all modelled as they really are (a step up in GP4)."

WTF?????

"Steering wheels modelled as they really are."

Is that as important as you are trying to say?

"Black sky when it is raining."

to be honest, i have never once seen a black sky. I have seen grey, and thats whats in GP4

If your not happy, you could just go open the sky files and paint them black

"You should up date your system every 2 years"

LOL!!! Whilst paying rent, and paying off the student loans, bills, whislt paying for food and water, clothes and all the other things, you expect us all to be able to up grade every 2 years????

"New graphics cards every 6 months..."

LMAO!! Thats a good one...oh...u werent joking? WTF you need a new card every 6 months for? Dont take the piss

"Who cares what the PO is? All your doing is playing the game? Surely you don't switch and check you emails while you are in the pits."

that makes no sense! Of course we care bout PO! Anythin above 100 and the PO begins to comprimise the game. It begins to run slowly and doesnt give the full effect

"Comparing a game from 4 years ago makes no sense in this conversation. Why did you bring that up?"

It makes perfect sense! It shows that games can run amazingly well on slow machines! My P350, GF2 machine ran GPL almost perfectly, altho not on full res and looked amazing. Yet, GP3 ran really crap! GPL looked much better!

Why can some games look amazing, yet others refuse to run at a decent speed at a good setup! Nascar 2002 runs at 1fps on my 1.7Ghz, GF4 - explain that! Thats on lowest res!!!!!!!

jed, get a grip man!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 16, 2002 03:41AM
Posted by: Boomy
Don't say stupid things,no one can change his systems so often.

Pcs are owned not only from working men,but also from students and persons who can not spend too much money,so I'm with these persons.

Do you think a student can spend
Date: October 16, 2002 03:52AM
I agree there dude!

Im trying to put myself through college with crappy part time job, and of course pay off the student loan - and you expect people to upgrade every 2 years and the card every 6 months! You taking the piss?????

Date: October 16, 2002 04:25AM
Posted by: dlorde1
I think the point is that if you want a game that pushes the edge of home racing simulation technology and you want to turn on all the fancy graphics options and you want it to play at full speed at high resolution, you need a top-of-the-range PC, especially the graphics card.

Unfortunately on a PC that was high-end 2-3 years ago you will only just get GP4 to run with all the fancy options set off, and with a low resolution - I know, because until I recently upgraded my P3 500mhz PC, I could barey get GP4 to run at all. It ran poorly and looked worse than GP3. But with a fast processor and a high-end graphics card it is fantastic.

The reality is that older graphics cards simply can't handle the kind of graphics GP4 is designed to output, older processors struggle with the physics, and without a decent chunk of memory it won't cope adequately.

Just wishing that older technology could do the job, or that better software could make a faster graphics card unnecessary, won't get you anywhere. Of all the applications run on home PCs, graphical action games and simulations make the highest demands of the hardware.

You might wish that more time was spent to make the game run acceptably on older / lower-spec systems, but when the writers know that a year after they've finished the game, the average high-street PC will perform better than the current high-end machines they are writing it to run on, there is little motivation for them to spend effort looking backwards; they want their game to hold up against the competition a year from now.

Dave
Date: October 16, 2002 04:33AM
"I think the point is that if you want a game that pushes the edge of home racing simulation technology and you want to turn on all the fancy graphics options and you want it to play at full speed at high resolution, you need a top-of-the-range PC, especially the graphics card"

GPL.............

Date: October 16, 2002 08:35AM
Posted by: Zcott
The thing about GPL is that while it's not the best looking game out of the best, it's very editable, and there's some great painters out there. It's basically an old game which is fiddled with to look great.

Oh, and the handling is delicious!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy