GP4, Windows 7 64bit and the black screen

Posted by noncon 
GP4, Windows 7 64bit and the black screen
Date: January 18, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: noncon
This may help someone who comes here because they can't get the game to work in Windows 7 64bit.

There are plenty instructions here to get the game to work in Windows 7 (full install, 9.4 patch, decrypted.exe etc etc) I did all those and it still did not work, just a black screen, where I had to kill the process. It is only when I unplugged my Logitech pedals and wheel that the game started working.

In my case it runs from either gp4.exe or from gpxpatch.exe as long as either is set to one of the Compatibility Modes both XP and Win98 works on mine, and I didn't need to start as an Administrator.

Now i just need to get the program to start with the pedals connected so I can calibrate them.

KJ
Re: GP4, Windows 7 64bit and the black screen
Date: January 18, 2010 07:05PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
What pedals and wheel?
You mean patch 9.6 instead of 9.4?
Date: January 18, 2010 11:43PM
Yep, 9.6 patch. The pedals are the Logitech Wingman (USB) and I can't get them to work with GP4 while plugged in. Logitech basically said that wheel is well over 8 years old and lots have changed in the USB world since it was released. They didn't seem too surprised I was having issues with it in Win7 64. they really had to hack the drivers just to get it to barely function in W7. I ordered the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, so when it shows up, I'll try it and post back with the results.

KJ
Date: January 18, 2010 11:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
noncon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, 9.6 patch. The pedals are the Logitech
> Wingman (USB) and I can't get them to work with
> GP4 while plugged in. Logitech basically said
> that wheel is well over 8 years old and lots have
> changed in the USB world since it was released.
> They didn't seem too surprised I was having issues
> with it in Win7 64. they really had to hack the
> drivers just to get it to barely function in W7.
> I ordered the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, so
> when it shows up, I'll try it and post back with
> the results.

Thats my old wheel. It worked in Windows 7 using the same
drivers as for the Momo wheel. You need to create profiles
to make it work.
Date: January 19, 2010 02:11AM
I thought those were the drivers I had installed....maybe not, because now it is working fine. Thank you so much! I'm off to try and get CSM working again.

Thanks again!
KJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy