GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
I don't believe this!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brilliant guys! :D

Good consistent drive, 5th and 7th with a "bit" of luck, good choice in driver boost too....
Oh, and good FP, Boss!! (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 11:21AM by nhorry.
Most amazing results we've seen yet. I lol'd oh yeah hahahahaha!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
WOOOOHOO HOOO HOOO !!!!!

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
By the way, official results need a correction.
Chris (n00binio) proposed a rule before round 3 and we agreed, noone opposed, that if at any time there's enough rain to cause spray by cars, it's declared a wet race and 15 second penalty added to one stopper.
I can see spray, so...

/oh and i dont think i was thaaat lucky, as i was held up by one stopping de Boer for few laps where i lost time to Phil.before that i overtook cars with stronger horserpower(ed, matt) and was on phil's pace, hell I even got 2nd fastest lap, only matt slightly quicker one!
given how i lost the championship match in season 3 finale at Silverstone however, gp4 gave me something back today.;)
// i scored 36 points in last three races which brings me right in the WDC battle - again!

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 02:56PM by BAR#10.
maybe 12.5 seconds for mixed conditions...

EDIT: Having said that though, I think a penalty of 10.323 seconds would only be fair ;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 03:24PM by SchueyFan.
n00binio
@marko: i think it would be best to have a clear and simple rule. eg if a part of the track is wet at some point of the race (cars cause spray) it is considered a wet race and the corresponding penalties are given. a damp track would then be considered as a dry race, but i think spray is a feature which is easy to spot and thus a good indicator.

this is what Chris proposed, clear and simple rule to avoid any arbitrary stuff with mixed conditions and rain.
we talked about it and noone opposed.
had spray occured in spa - and it did- we would have applied that rule to one stopper from then on-
we didnt have it defined before the season, but i raised the question before spa where it was likely to have it happened.
for next season, we should just say 12,5 in any condition to be done with it.

GPGSL career;
Exciting end of the race on this historical track! Not a good day for Phil but thats life.
For myself I can say that the rain came a little to late but we scored some points and thats a great improval compared to last race.
Looking forward to the Japanese GP in Fuji!

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
So where does this leave me now? If I get the 12.5 (or 15) seconds penalty I would be out of the points ... Further then that I think it's proven I was slower on the track then almost everyone else (fastest laps chart and the 2 trains I build behind me as prove for that)
Anyhow, its the choice of the Rd's (Y)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
yes ofcourse you were slower, Maikel, but we always had a pretty much generic penalty.
as Chris suggestion for definition of wet race was accepted prior to Spa, talked in gpgslrs, and noone opposed it his idea

time added for one stoppers remained with new definition of wet:

10 seconds in the dry.
15 seconds in the wet.*

*wet race is defined if at any time car cause spray on a wet track.

thus as in Monaco cars caused spray, it's a 15 second penalty.

GPGSL career;
It's a tough one.

On it's own, a 15 second penalty is nothing, when you think that going into and out of the pits lasts much more time than that. Time at this track is massively saved, as well as the overtaking restrictions.

So add the factor you carrier more fuel, and were slower in the fast lap charts, I'd say it is fair to impose that sort of reduced time penalty to compensate the car weight.

And yes, wet is defined as spray. Period.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Here is an updated standings of the race then

--

I would like to propose a new solution then, as in my opinion this race was too dry to be considered a wet one overall. my new idea (not for this round but further events!)

It's wet on the track once there is spray behind the cars. When 15-25% (to be clarified) of the race is in these conditions it is to be considered a wet race overall.
On this race it would mean 4 laps in spray conditions (according to screen shots). 43 laps in total. 4/43 (4 divided by 43) x100 (times 100) = 9,3% rain. That also means the race was 90,7% dry.

Or in addition to this then again, dry is 10 seconds - wet is 15 seconds. 90% was dry, 10% was wet. 9x10seconds + 1x15seconds = 105 seconds. 105 seconds divided by 10 = 10,5 seconds penalty time

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Decent enough race, lucky not to get involved with the Tafuro chaos. I'll settle for that, need to do something at Fuji.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
problem with that is, Maikel. that's more job for RD, counting wet laps.
i'm also in favour that once we apply the penalty , we have the same standard throughout the season. i would have loved to have it defined prior to the season*, but as it hasnt occured no harm was done and we did decide before round 3 .
and yes, it was too dry to be considered wet on arbitrary merit, but no rule is perfect. including this spray one.

btw, i just checked the gpgsl TSM Fuji track and man this will be hard race to cover as trackcams are one big close up, hard to take screenies of overtaking.. I am covering this gp-
is there any easy way to change them, trackcams? i assume not;)

* I can see your complaint based on that though. since it wasnt defined prior to the start of season.on the other hand again if it happened at Round 3, 15 seconds would get added.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 08:07PM by BAR#10.
I would be quite happy to see a standard penalty given whether (geddit?) its wet or dry from now on.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Why do we let the defintion of a wet race (which is faulty as it seems) overrule common sense? A whole three laps were wet, how can this possibly be classed as a wet race? I think everybody would agree here that this race should be classed as a dry race. I suggest we find a better definition, possibly with some amount of laps or something.
Nick you actually posted in the thread, that n00binio's idea was good.;) read it here [www.grandprixgames.org]
one more thing, what happens if common sense says, that we change the championship system to medals system cause driver with 6 race wins has also 11 engine failures* - and change it during the season?

*exaggeration, but you get my point
no offense, ofcourse.

GPGSL career;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 09:13PM by BAR#10.
just a thought but: is it necessary to differentiate between wet and dry races? has anyone ever tested if the difference between 1 and 2 stopper is different under different conditions?
( ;) )

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
bah...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I know I thought his idea was good, and in theory it still is. It just doesn't work properly in practise and that's why we should leave that definition now because it's not correct. The definition needs changing and it's better to do it now than to follow the definition now. Because if we use the definition now, we have to use it for the rest of the year. Now we have the chance to change it, because it's obviously not 100% correct, so we should change it now.

Your example of the points system is that when you've already allocated points, you can't change the system. Now we haven't used a definition yet (formally, because we're discussing it at this moment). The reason you can't change a points system during the season isn't because it's during the season, but because you've already used the system. Now we haven't used the system yet so we're still able to change it, because it's not functioning as it should.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy