GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
Interesting ideas there Dan.

The 2/3 seasons rule could work well, but it would probably still leave the same drivers circling round.

One problem with the "injury/illness" rule though is that it would be hard for the CSM mod.

X (@ed24f1)
Forced retirements... as I said, the manager chooses one race per driver where he is replaced. Of course, done either at the start of season or leading up to the boost.

Over a season, every driver must be ill ONCE and skip a race. That's how to choose, everyone has to play.

Let's see the discussed S5 chances, I am excited!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
@ Tom: I can see where the percieved conflict of interest comes from. Yes, it won't affect me nor my team. However, if it were up to me, teambosses would've been banned from driving in any form. Racing, testing, everything. Now that does affect me :P IMO that's still the best solution. As I said, it had a lot of critisism and also within the GPGSL there wasn't a majority for it. This was the best that could be done in this respect. It probably seems as some half-arsed solution and hell, it may even prove to be one when S5 progresses.
If this rule doesn't work out, then I will try again at the end of S5 to get teambosses banned from driving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 09:47AM by Nickv.
Although I didn't vote for it in the original poll, with much more thought and discussion, I think I now agree - banning team owners from all driving is probably the best option for the health of the series long-term.

However, if this was to happen, I would like an option for teams to be sold instead of just being closed.

X (@ed24f1)
If you can't have your team any longer for whatever reason, you always have the option of selling it, so also then.
Teams can be closed, or just withdrawn, and the slot is made available to the next in line. A sell off is preferable as it keeps the perfs intact, I think, and Nick is more up on those rules than I am. :-)
We allow teams to race under the old livery for two races, after that it's the 'car of shame' if the new team livery isn't submitted. We have a lot of teams waiting to join, however each new team on the waiting list is owned by someone that is driving now and they should give up their seat, (voluntarily in S5 anyway).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Or let teamowners give the chance to testdrivers for some races WITHOUT effecting the driver changes per season for the team...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or let teamowners give the chance to testdrivers
> for some races WITHOUT effecting the driver
> changes per season for the team...

But which good teamowner would use that option? Everybody is fighting for points in the championship. So the only situation where this would make sense is, when your testdriver has even better or at least the same perfs. But in this case a good teamowner would/should give the testdriver a race seat anyway to increase his chances for points. But most times that isn't done. And in the top teams, the drivers are fighting for the WDC, it would be a biiiiiig disadvantage if they just would be replaced from a testdriver for 2-3 races without the other top teams doing that.
There's no changing that.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
The GPGSL will announce the changes for Season 5 on Saturday. Voting for everyone is closed by then. We haven't decided who is running Sepang test session yet, I'm busy day time and out tomorrow night.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Stoopid Wrote:
> adamdavies_8 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is there an upto date boost table I have missed
> as
> > I'm not sure how many I have left?
>
>
> After Sepang you will have 1 boost left Adam.

Thanks
An idea that again i'm not sure how it will work as i'm not sure how the perfs work fully, Some from of cap on what a team can have driver wise so teams can end up with 1 top and 1 lesser perfed driver or 2 middle ground drivers.

The idea comes from salary caps that exist in a number of sports in an attempt to level the playing field.
We have a BHP cap for teams and afaik perfs are not capped and there's no plans to change that. A perf reset has been voted out. All will be revealed Saturday. :-)

I think that...

When the race driver get his 2/3 season, he gets a retirement,
and he can come back in the test champ, or create a team....
The perfs are correct, we have a green light gentlemen!

A little side note on the discussion here. It popped into my head when I read Tom's post again. Don't think you have to be extra careful in your wording towards the GPGSL because we're doing this in our free time. If you want to say something, if you think something, just say it the way you think is the clearest. Don't try to make it more beautiful than it is, a problem is never beautiful. It's not like we'll quit this because someone said something we didn't like :)

Taking Tom's post as an example here, if you feel there is a conflict if interests in the new rules, say it. If you think I'm a dipshit, say it! :P Really, say it. Trying not to offend me (you'll have a hard time in trying to offend me, really) doesn't make the problem clearer. In short, say what's on your mind :) Well that's my view on it anyway, I can't speak for the others obviously, but I'd be surprised if they felt any different.
I would be against bringing in test drivers for one race as this would mean team managers need to make sure their test drivers have high performances as well as race drivers. That would probably discourage them from taking on new drivers with low performances. Must say before that thought occured to me however I was really into it.

Still battling with my ban team owners idea. Can I point out that there has been extremely little conflict to it over the past few pages? Everyone seems to think it's a good idea.

After the post I wrote this morning, I've tried to convince the GPGSLRS again actually. We're on our final votes at the moment, announcements will be made either Saturday night or Sunday morning Euro time.
brunoboi Wrote:
> I would be against bringing in test drivers for
> one race as this would mean team managers need to
> make sure their test drivers have high
> performances as well as race drivers. That would
> probably discourage them from taking on new
> drivers with low performances.

I disagree. Tester performance would not matter. The tester results and points won't count for the championship, and are a fill in to gain some experience and advertising. It is just to place them in a race to see where they rate against other main racers, to see if they are competitive or not. More clearer than just a few practice sessions, which right now don't give the correct impression.

It wouldn't matter if you had a fast OR a slow driver. They would be erased from the results and points.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I'm not really pro that. Gaining experience isn't an argument at all because testers earn race points anyway. It would give a great load of extra work to the mod that will need changing every race. Also, what if a tester with a fairly good perf races and races horribly? Rather than make him, the race will break him.

Really, the best way to judge who is a good driver and who isn't can be done the best by looking at the perfs. If wanted, we could post the perfs without boosts of everybody in a descending list after the season has ended. Then you can see how good people are.
Well, if you erase the test drivers from results and points, there is actually no need anymore to do this effort at all. IMO the practice sessions and maybe the additional test races (that seem to be planned) give a much better overview on testers' performances than one race in the main race event does.
And in addition to that it would distort the whole series if in one race a team has to use it's testdriver but doesn't get any points for that and in another race the next team does the same.

So in the end I agree with Tom.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Just a thought on the test series. Since test drivers in the better cars will improve there perfs quicker could the test series car perfs be completly equal. Allowing it to come down to tester boosts and then testers in all seats have a chance to get better at same time. I guess the only problem is you migth see the higher perf drivers all coming out on top but then they get snatched up by team boses and then yeh circle continues.

Or a test driver team in the 11 spot so the top two test drivers get into the champ in a gpgsl reality test driver show?:P I just like throwing ideas out :D
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy