GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boost announcement
>
> Boosts can be sent now. You know the rules, go for
> it :P

which rules?;)

My GPGSL Career
Do we have rules? O_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 13 at Sepang have been opened since UAE free practice has been posted . The closing date is 6pm BST Weds 21th April 2010. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Sepang", for drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Sepang" Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL

Please be reminded that team owners driving for another team are not permitted to send team boost for the team they own

Also a little reminder on the boost rules. Drivers cannot request BHP boosts, only teambosses can (drivers can only do this if they take over the role of teamboss for the boosts requesting or are authorized by team owner). This is because driver perfs don't use BHPs, only the teams perf does. Drivers can only request 50 performance points on their own drivers perf. They can do this 4 times. This doesn't mean you have a total of 200 points to spend, but 4 parts of 50. We've been recieving other numbers than 50, such as 15. In these instances 50 perf points have been added as a boost.

First time eating falafels....

Pizza is yammer....!!!

15° place in the tests....great result...lets rise!
Monza972
mortal Wrote:
> Likely changes for Season 5 to the GPGSL
>
> - Team owners can race or test, but only within
> their own team.

In terms of that rule change i totally disagree. I mean if we get rid of team owners as race drivers then most people are going to grumble (besides phil who's won 2wdc) some us have won nothing in terms of a wdc yet. Cos we've tried hard to get where really are.

We need to rethink that rule.

Nobody has said you can't race for your own team. Only that team owners can't race or test for another team. These rules effect everyone not just the top few. With Matt Houston coming to DXR and Monil now more than likely to race for his team too, thats me without a drive. But lets think about the series rather than our own interests :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Ah

Who wants the second MPR seat?

PMs and all that please ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> > mortal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Likely changes for Season 5 to the GPGSL
> >
> > - Team owners can race or test, but only within
> > their own team.
>
> In terms of that rule change i totally disagree. I
> mean if we get rid of team owners as race drivers
> then most people are going to grumble (besides
> phil who's won 2wdc) some us have won nothing in
> terms of a wdc yet. Cos we've tried hard to get
> where really are.
>
> We need to rethink that rule.
>
>
> Nobody has said you can't race for your own team.
> Only that team owners can't race or test for
> another team. These rules effect everyone not just
> the top few. With Matt Houston coming to DXR and
> Monil now more than likely to race for his team
> too, thats me without a drive. But lets think
> about the series rather than our own interests :)

See that's the thing. It would suck since I'd have to get rid of you. But I'll think about this. If these rules are to be implemented then, The DXR+Moi may leave. But that's upon decisions with the higher order
Then carry on racing at MPR, give up your team and I get one step closer to getting British Racing Green in the GPGSL ;)

I'd like to keep you at the team Monil but if you want to keep DXR going then you'll have to decide

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I'll decide at the end of the season what I do, it all hinges on whether I win the WDC which I probably won't

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Just as an FYI: I currently have no internet at home to keep abreast of rapid movements in the GPGSL. I also have very little free computer time at work to be able to read the mammoth race reviews. So I'm around, but not around at the moment.

Hope that's OK re: activity checks. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

mortal Wrote:
> - Ditch the pole and fastest lap point bonuses.

This doesn't seem like a worthwhile change to me, rather a bandaid solution.

Sure it will compress the points table a bit, but it won't really make any difference to changing the order or helping lower teams feel any closer to the front.

X (@ed24f1)
Can I just point out that the only reason to ban team owners from racing would be so as to open seats up for new drivers. Surely just preventing team owners from driving for other teams would defeat the whole point of bringing in that rule...?

From one point of view I think you're right, as team owners still can have a double role. So the more desirable way - from this point of view - would be to ban them from all race seats to dispose the opportunities a bit. But I now also accept the fact, that this would make some old-serving members feel too much disadvantaged.
Therefore I think this rule at least forces some rotation at the driver market and the team list what may be the beginning of a better used driver market, and so is better than the situation that is there atm. Conclusion: not very helpful but at least better.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
a lotta people are gonna get stepped on theire tones when these rules come through. Meaning a lot of threats like monil already outed. (not from my part tho) and will eventually lead into a battle between teamowners and drivers, a lot of teams will leave. Most of the teams on the waiting list are drivers themself and wont give up theire racing seats. Soon you'll have not enough teams. You can run a seriesith 10 teams, 9 will be a bad outcome. But then, these teams wont have interested drivers to fill the seats.

ok, i think that asking members to think with the gpgsl board will get us a WGP/W300 effect. IN other words the GPGSL wont survive.

GUYS, AM I TOO PESSIMISTIC or...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico schrieb:
> GUYS, AM I TOO PESSIMISTIC or...?

Do you really want an honest answer on that? ;-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 10:19PM by JohnMaverick.
Rico Schreef:
> GUYS, AM I TOO PESSIMISTIC or...?

Well yes, obviously.

The reason we asked the members was a) to get new ideas and b) to prevent people from leaving. If we'd stay in the inside of our PM inboxes and keep all the discussions there, we wouldn't have had the package of rules we are voting on on this very moment. Some rules have been created here, in this thread, by members. The fact that members have thought of these rules should give the rules more support than if we'd make them up, drop them in the topic with no further discussion and be done with it.

If people don't like the rules then they're free to leave. Of course I'd rather keep everybody in the series, but if I can't, then I'll have to live with it. Rule changes are always going to favour some and disadvantage others. We want to give the back end of the grid a bigger shot at the win. So relatively, that disadvantages the front of the grid.
Everybody has their own set line that decides whether or not something is acceptable and whether or not it's fun to stay in the series. Apparently, we'll cross Monil's line if we implement these rules. But if we'd leave it as it is, we'd cross the lines of the people at the back of the grid eventually, because they'd feel they aren't given a chance of winning.

As for the new teambosses rule, first: READ, READ, READ. If you don't read, don't post your opinion, please. Teambosses are NOT banned from driving. The only obligation is that they drive for their own teams.
Initially we did want to ban them from racing, because that would free up some seats and some teamslots. That caused a lot of resistance, so we decided not to do it. Sending teambosses to their own teams will free up seats at mostly top teams, which will give other people a chance at those teams too. Secondly, it's more realistic. You won't see Ross Brawn racing for Renault, right?
Since this wouldn't free up as many seats as banning the teambosses from driving, not as many testers will come into the series. Therefore we'll have some races for testers thoughout the season to keep them entertained.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 11:22PM by Nickv.
well said nick, except one thing:

Nickv schrieb:
> Secondly, it's more realistic. You
> won't see Ross Brawn racing for Renault, right?

that's hardly a good argument. we should base our decisions on what we want to achieve and not on what seems to be realistic.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
It wasn't one of the reasons it was implemented, it's more of a side-effect of which I hadn't even thought of previously. It just popped into my head while I was writing that post. I think I should've phrased it better.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy