GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
Monza972 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mortal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Likely changes for Season 5 to the GPGSL
> >
> > - Team owners can race or test, but only within
> > their own team.
>
> In terms of that rule change i totally disagree. I
> mean if we get rid of team owners as race drivers
> then most people are going to grumble (besides
> phil who's won 2wdc) some us have won nothing in
> terms of a wdc yet. Cos we've tried hard to get
> where really are.
>
> We need to rethink that rule.

Agreed, specially cuz im not able to vote, because of my worthless i/c. I may add that i expect to be FULLY back on the 7th of may.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I understand you don't want that rule when you're looking at it from your perspective. But I dare you to explain to me why you should have a race seat and a team, while others, who also really want to compete in this, only have to put up with a test seat, which is, let's be honest, not the most exiting role here.
Monza972 schrieb:
> mortal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Likely changes for Season 5 to the GPGSL
> >
> > - Team owners can race or test, but only within
> > their own team.
>
> In terms of that rule change i totally disagree. I
> mean if we get rid of team owners as race drivers
> then most people are going to grumble (besides
> phil who's won 2wdc) some us have won nothing in
> terms of a wdc yet. Cos we've tried hard to get
> where really are.
>
> We need to rethink that rule.

As far as I can see that, nobody forces team-owners to keep their team, if they prefer to continue to race for another team. With the old rule, two possible roles get blocked by one person. Even with the possible new rule, team owners could have a double role by being a team owner and even a race driver for their own team. That's why I think - personally - it isn't that unfair.
/edit: In addition to that, it's IMO even an obligingness from the administration to let team owners race for their own team instead of just let them be test drivers, to honor their long lasting efforts in this series, what is definitely understandable

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 03:17PM by JohnMaverick.
woop woop, 5th!
this almost feels like a win for me and the team!

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
If managers want to drive, they should make way in their own team.

It just makes sense to drive for your own team, if you own one.

It will cause forced seat shuffling (which will shake up things).

It will give the opportunity to bring in testers to fill the vacancies.

I do notice though that this seem unfavoured by those who are sitting pretty in good teams - or also own one too!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
John M, and Chris thanks much:-)
Monil. great to see you win again!

As for my race, I knew it would be hard after seeing my gap in qualy to pole, but still managed 5th after first stint,then lost time in that pitstop when I was made to stop and wait before i rejoined the pitlane:i guess no unsafe pitlane releases in GP4:p

droppped to 8th via pits and then another three places via seconds pits when I had slow pace on long stints. tyre wear in Dubai is reversed to Melbourne track.
Passed in direct battle by Nick and Tim, good job. Luckily I closed the door to Mal;)

Last stint was a comeback from 11th to 8th on lower fuel and fresh tyres.
The gap to Matt is now 10 points. Not good, not out of reach either, though with all the boost left and arguably best car on grid, he's the favorite. he's also in great form and great driver so there's that too.
also those behind arent out of it yet either

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 04:01PM by BAR#10.
danm Wrote:
> I do notice though that this seem unfavoured by
> those who are sitting pretty in good teams - or
> also own one too!

That's simple logic. Those people who are in good teams or own one fear that they/their team will not be as good as what they are now.

They are successful (and powerful in terms of performance) and don't want to lose that perf advantage.

mortal Wrote:
> Likely changes for Season 5 to the GPGSL
>
> - Team owners can race or test, but only within
> their own team.

That is logical. In real life, if you drove for one team and owned another, it'd be a conflict of interests - which makes no sense.

mortal Wrote:
> - Testers will have feature 20 lap races during
> the season. (RD's discretion)

To maintain the interest of the test drivers (an example someone said was Zak Tonks, I think), I'd say this is a good idea - just so long as it doesn't cause too much trouble for the RD (I doubt it would - it'd just be an extra two sessions).

mortal Wrote:
> - Increase driver boosts to the lower half of the
> field. Boost allocations calculated and announced
> before season start-up.
> - Increase team boost BHP division from 4 to 6.
> BHP cap retained.
> - Lower the top previous season perf to base perf
> difference at new season start to 40.

Since I've only just joined the series, I'm not sure what these points mean - and what the boost system actually is. Could somebody explain that for me?

mortal Wrote:
> - Ditch the pole and fastest lap point bonuses.
> Retain point for most places gained.

It makes some sense to do that - but I'dve said get rid of all three. If you have a bad qualifying and qualify, say, 22nd, and only gain positions due to retirements for other drivers - but still finish last/next to last, it's a bit of a kick in the face to those players who have fought hard to earn points by basic means (to finish in the top 10) and have only just failed to do so.

mortal Wrote:
> - Use the new penalty system for drivers and team
> bosses.

Totally agree.

mortal Wrote:
> - Limit driver transfers. Total transfer limit of
> three changes remains unchanged. Race drivers not
> allowed an inter-team change. If they are unhappy,
> they must leave the team and enter the test
> series. Race driver replacement limited to own
> team testers.

My thought for this, to ensure the least amount of work to be done by the series admins, would be to have two transfer windows. The first would be in-between seasons, and the second would be half-way through the season (say between the 8th and 9th race - so for this season, it would've been between the South African GP and the Hungarian GP).

During these windows, you are allowed to make any changes to your driver-line up that you deem neccessary (though as with the rule Mal stated, "Race drivers not allowed an inter-team change" - and they must move to the test series). Test drivers from other teams CAN be poached by your team (upon agreement with the team owner).

Outside of these windows, you are NOT allowed to make any changes - unless a driver from your team is dismissed from the team due to inactivity. However, there are limits:
    [*] You can only replace your dismissed driver with one of your team's test drivers.
    [*] You can only sign a free agent to replace the test driver (who has moved to the race seat) - the free agent CANNOT take the race seat.
Great coverage Marko!

Was also nice to see me score some points for once :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Ok, too many people are thinking too much. I agree on the last 'possible' rule changes. So yes Nick, i totally agree to the teamowners only drive for theire own team rule. I do. However, at this point, i think its time for the GPGSL board to step in and decide what to do. (the sooner i know where to bend the rules the better ;):P just joking!)

Just dont make this to demcratic :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I agree with Rico. Team owners only in their own teams. I know it is not exciting being a test driver but i would of thought just being a team owner would not be that exciting either. But that is just a testers opinion lol
@Icky, you are right that it wont be exciting to be 'just' a teamowner. But this rule is exactly what we need to prevent all teamowners also from driving in the GPGSL. + making room for the testdrivers. However im not sure what this would bring. Nick van der Voort drives for his own team also this is the case with myself. Philip is probarly thinking that he can bring Phoenix Racing to the top now as he's a 2 mabey 3 times champion at the end of the season needing to find a new team. I suppose Ed Greenalgh isnt finished racing yet and could see the same adventure in Alpha. Byron just formed his own team, knowing him he would like to drive.

Is it true that only Tom Pellatt and Ryan Gault are teamowners without a drive? Cuz worst case scenario would now be 9 teams with 9 teamowners taking 9 race seats. What the H. I think teamowners needs to get banned from RACINGseats aswell ! :P

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico schrieb:
> Ok, too many people are thinking too much
> Just dont make this to demcratic :p

+1

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Rico Wrote:
> Is it true that only Tom Pellatt and Ryan Gault
> are teamowners without a drive? Cuz worst case
> scenario would now be 9 teams with 9 teamowners
> taking 9 race seats. What the H. I think
> teamowners needs to get banned from RACINGseats
> aswell ! :P

Yes, and but 5 of those actually drive for their own teams (3 I think as a test driver). So in reality, it is only 4 race drives that are being owned by team owners of other teams.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
This wasn't a very good race for me, although I did score 4 points. I just couldn't keep up with the guys around me, untill almost 75% of the race distance was driven. Nasty from Marko to steal P8 from me but whada you do...

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
I am disappointed at the result, but I didn't use boost.
At least Randy got points.
again a top ten position for me. That 's good.

Rick scored some points for use, that's also good.
TNX Stu.

and mate you were on route to three podiums(spa, fuji, hungary) this year till cruel mistress gp4 raised it head.;)just incase someone took from your post that you were unable by default.
initially you had a solid car too, with slightly different strategy in perhaps some others cases and with little luck in mentioned cases you could have been higher up. But that's gp4:-)

same goes for TNR last season, after scoring few podiums in first 3 rounds and then not using boost at all in first half of season.
perhaps there was some confusion on team owners cant send boost if they are with another team rule and maybe miscommunication in the team.
i mean no offense by this whatsoever, but i feel like defending the system and that it does give you opportunity.

that's why i think having more amount of boost then currently (raise it to 40 bhp,it can enable teams to be competitive for larger part of the season)

i like that you agreed with divison by 6 and more boost for smaller ones and while 44-47 bhp spread it may not be same ratio as with 24-27 it'd would promote strategy
and i dont hide it, it suits me as I love boost strategy.

so I agree with most of Tom's (brunoboi) post and especcially this sentence in bold. and might i add i loved startegic boost battles with TSS, especcially last season.that said ofcourse it's till gp4 and ai so, while we now have input, it's still loterry, but not 100% pure lottery . Or put it this way, you have higher chances with the lottery if you play it right.
and while we currently do have big 3, there is no domination Team Orange style like w300 (or TSS season 2 when there was no boost)
even last season drivers championship and constructors almost went to two different teams. if gp4 wouldnt have raised its vicious head in season finale;)
ofcourse i dont mind tweaks to the system as well as having better starter perf does indeed give you a certain advantage on paper at least.and i suppose in practice too.

brunoboi
I belive TSS near the top becuase we've made best use of our boosts and I've been wokring hard to make sure we have had the best drivers. As previously stated the current system allows lower teams the chance to grab top drivers but it's up to the managers to make sure they convince the top drivers that they can be successful.

Many team managers seem to forget that the top test drivers have performances significantly better than their current drivers. If I were in their position I'd be snatching up these new guys if I really wanted to improve my team. Realistically you're not going to get the top drivers moving to the bottom teams but this is a tactical game which runs over a long period, if you want success then you have to forward plan and work your way up the grid from season-to-season. John and myself managed to get TSS up to the front and this season I haven't done as good a job and so have fallen back a bit. The shifting between the teams shows that the current system does work.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2010 03:25AM by BAR#10.
Grande, Monil!!! Congratulations!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
when will we the boost announcement?;)

My GPGSL Career
Boost announcement

Boosts can be sent now. You know the rules, go for it :P

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy