GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
Thanks very much for the help and for adding my team to the reserves list. The team will be called Christel VXR (eventually). I gather that to become a test driver I have to submit a helmet and then just wait to be approached by a team?
You can approach teams yourself, asking for a testing spot - that way you can also try to choose a team yourself, first page handles info on available seats
Then indeed you need to submit a helmet ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
oh ok thats cool! Ill get to work straightaway. I gather PM is the preferred method of 'approaching'? Thank you so much for the help.
on page one,if a team doesnt have two test drivers named in their team info on the entry list, it means test seat(s) is/are available.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
AI errors rule
AI errors rule stayed more or less the same as last season.
Races with 40% chance of rain or over have 30 ai errors
Races under 40% chance of rain have 40 ai errors
Exceptions: Monaco (80 ai errors) and Suzuka (10 ai errors)

@TurboLover, download the Mod updates, it addresses the problems you mentioned by bringing the mod up to date with latest images, ini's, gpi's etc. Do that first, then pm me if you have issues. I've already changed the set file but haven't got around to testing it yet.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Devil Fox Racing signs their first test driver

Devil Fox Racing announced today that they have signed a first of expected 2 test drivers, Joel Henrique from Brazil will drive the Alfa Romeo powered car around the Grand Prix tracks in the Friday practise. Teamboss Byron commented: ''It's good to give new drivers a chance in the GPGSL, I hope with this chance Joel will get his chance to move up to a race seat next season.''

Devil Fox Racing also signs their second test driver

After the announcement of Joel Henrique being signed as the first test driver at Devil Fox Racing, DFR also announces Chris Copeman in the other test driver seat, Teamboss Byron commented: ''It's good to give new drivers a chance in the GPGSL, I hope with this chance Joel Chris will get his chance to move up to a race seat next season.''

;)

FOLHA DE SÃO PAULO-- (brazillian newspaper)

One of the promesses of the Brazillian automobilism, just anouncied that are now part
of the GPGSL champ.
The driver is Joel Henrique, that was running in the Racenet last year, now he
will use the colors of the Devils Fox Racing-Alfa Romeo.
The anounciement came from the boss of the team: ''It's good to give new drivers a chance in the GPGSL, I hope with this chance Joel will get his chance to move up to a race seat next season.''

In a exclusive interview, Henrique shared some words:

"It's just a pleasure to be part of the team...

Coming from so far away, i am happy to find a team that belives in young talents,
and invest in the promesses arround the world.

I think that is a new challenge in my carrear, and i will try to do my best to developer the car and help my team."
With so many teams on the reserve list now,
what about the idea of implementing a second tier catagory.

It could work similar to the english premier leauge with relegations and promotions.

For example; the bottom 2 or 3 finishing teams in the season of GPGSL are
relegated to the ssecond tier catarory and the top 2 or 3 finishing teams
from the second tier catagory are promoted into the GPGSL
for the next season of compation.

Just an idea that I thought I would put out there, what do you think?
Being a new participant, I guess that you would be unaware of what really goes into running a series.

We did that with the WGP (the first AI league-respect goes out to Daniel*) by creating the W300, and it effectively ended both series, (the tumbleweed rolled in) although today the GPGSL is probably better managed.
However, we are not keen on starting another series for a few reasons, one being that we have made numerous calls for Race Directors to help out with this series and that request has pretty much fallen on deaf ears. Last season there was a promise, "I'll run some events" and it all came to nothing! So, if we cannot get people to help with this series............

Just running one series is a huge effort for the four that do all the work, starting another one requires the same amount of committed people again to run it properly. I'm not saying it would fail, but it's not an option we'd consider right now.
It's preferable to everyone to have one well run series, and I won't go into the previous failed attempts there have been on this forum to start a league, they must have thought it was easy, I can tell you it's not, suffice to say, they were embarrassing failures.
A huge amount of work goes into it and the GPGSL crew sacrifice a lot of their own time every week to produce it. For example: manage P1, manage two sets of perfs, manage the boosts, manage the league tables, collate the mods and keep them up to date, run the track polls, create the calendar, run the events, upload and create the coverage, manage the ancillary website, manage activity checks, create and update the rules as required and there's probably more.

We opened the test series due to the fact that so many wanted to join, and that part of the series was not supposed to have full coverage, no screens, no tables, just results, but already we do post some screens, and provide some coverage. So, if we tried to run another league, something would eventually give, probably to the detriment of the series I'm sure, and nobody wants that to happen.
I don't think many realise just how much work the GPGSL has done, and does every week, to bring everyone the show as it is, and we're not in a hurry to jeopardize it by attempting to increase the work load.

We are attempting to run two full seasons this year. We will roll straight over into S5, and we won't get a break, unless we break for a calendar poll. 34 events for 2010. So, right now, there are no plans to create another series. We know that people want to have their own team, or have a race seat, and that's understandable, but try to be patient. I have waited 3 seasons to get to the top of the list, and I might have to wait two or more seasons again to get that coveted grid placing. The top two placings on the list are mod ready, and personally I cannot wait until Stu's team hit's the grid, the cars are spectacular. :-)

*The WGP was the original AI league on this site. The performance formula was designed by Daniel, it was his enthusiasm for the model of the series that got things happening. Sadly Daniel is no longer on this site for reasons unknown to us. The WGP/W300 survived for nearly three seasons.
Over the last couple of years, we have tweaked and streamlined his original formula, created the end of season performance rollback formula, and created the GPGSL. (a somewhat benevolent dictatorship lol)
The current model has been copied and is in use on other GP4 websites and also in the GP3 forum.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
V2.0 of the test and race mod will be uploaded on Friday night AEST. If you have any updates please get them to me asap. The performance file loading issue has been fixed. :-)

I'll see what I can do with the loading screens before friday Mal ;-) And I agree another series will slowly destroy both series just as you explained there, and of course we respect all the work the GPGSL does, however me and Tom might be the only two who really understand all the time and effort behind it, not to sound selfish but because we have ran numerous races and posted many coverages of the WGP and W300
And as I said before, I might find time to do a race coverage myself this season (not promising anything though), I got csm working and the mod running well so I might give it a go if one of you wants to take a little break ;-)

@Byron: Do I need to worry now at Devil Fox Racing? ;) ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
tbh I wondered about a second tier series but after seeing how much goes into this series I dont think it would work out either. Plus there I think there must be something quite satisfying in waiting to be on the GPGSL grid. If we started another tier now there would have been no point in the teams at the top of the list having waited for as long as they did. I think as well that making people wait will have the advantages that a) People put the most effort into their cars, teams and driver selections and b) it shows that they are really dedicated. A second tier would open up spaces for people to come and go at will. At least the team owners on the reserve list know that they have to wait around and show that they are dedicated to the cause to get a place.

*EDIT* - Plus can the name of my team of the reserve list please be changed to Christel VXR?

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 12:06PM by CaptinFranko.
I think that is a really great idea about 2 series...
The problem is the work to do, but, i think is most the same thing
of the test sessions, is just put a new name, and the new system of teams going down or up....

Although, we will have to get a new organizacion for the series....

So, analyzing the work....is better let the things like this. ;-)
Joel Henrique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that is a really great idea about 2
> series...
> The problem is the work to do, but, i think is
> most the same thing
> of the test sessions, is just put a new name, and
> the new system of teams going down or up....
>
> Although, we will have to get a new organizacion
> for the series....
>
> So, analyzing the work....is better let the things
> like this. ;-)

i think that the biggest problem is related to test\qualify\race coverage,and unluckily i can't do them,as i'm already busy with my gp4 stuff,real life and rgfr.anyway,mal can write a tutorial about how to do a nice coverage;)

My GPGSL Career
If we even could get the work done, we wouldn't even have enough people to fill a field.
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll see what I can do with the loading screens
> before friday Mal ;-) And I agree another series
> will slowly destroy both series just as you
> explained there, and of course we respect all the
> work the GPGSL does, however me and Tom might be
> the only two who really understand all the time
> and effort behind it, not to sound selfish but
> because we have ran numerous races and posted many
> coverages of the WGP and W300... SINGLE - HANDEDLY

> And as I said before, I might find time to do a
> race coverage myself this season (not promising
> anything though), I got csm working and the mod
> running well so I might give it a go if one of you
> wants to take a little break ;-)
>
> @Byron: Do I need to worry now at Devil Fox
> Racing? ;) ;)

Yeah no need for a second series atm me thinks especially considering the majority of new teams are application sfrom current drivers and not new people.

For the record, W300 = Greatest AI series of all time.

Sorry I've not updated the champ tables so far, had a bereavement in the family so please bear with me. Hope to get the tables updated tonight.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
take your time, family is more important than the tables

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy